Peterson, Harris, etc....

nimic

something nice
Scout
Here's a new game to play on the Caf. Read a post on the first few pages of this thread, and then read literally any recent Peterson tweet. Like this:

You should listen to him. You might change your mind

You don’t have to agree with him, doesn’t make him a smug twat though, it’s a fairly typical response you see nowadays for anyone who dares not be a leftie

He's mostly right on sensitive topics such as gender-fluidity, people dont like him because his arguments arent grounded by emotions or the politically correctism.

This, he talks some sense and talks some shit, but it seems the left would just prefer everyone think the same way about everything like a bunch of robots and block their ears and scream 'racist, homphobe, bigot' whenever there's a differing view from their group think including here in the caf. He too takes the left Vs right thing too far as well( he thinks advocating gun control is a left thing) which is rubbish, doesn't mean I can't listen to him or agree with some of his other views.

Drainy

Would be interesting to find out how much is him feeling confident to talk openly in a bigoted way following getting a platform Vs how much is due to mental problems following depression and a potential brain injury following a coma

Gavinb33

Here's a new game to play on the Caf. Read a post on the first few pages of this thread, and then read literally any recent Peterson tweet. Like this:

The "intellectual" went for this is what Wikipedia says like he had a disagreement down the local pub :lol:

Mike Smalling

To be very generous to those posts, Jordan Peterson has changed drastically from since he first emerged to the current version, which seems to be a combination spite, pedantry and contrarianism in human form.

On a related note, I wonder what it must be like to live in what seems to be a constant state of aggrievement and anger.

nimic

something nice
Scout
To be very generous to those posts, Jordan Peterson has changed drastically from since he first emerged to the current version, which seems to be a combination spite, pedantry and contrarianism in human form.

On a related note, I wonder what it must be like to live in what seems to be a constant state of aggrievement and anger.
True, he's definitely declined. I think the signs were always there, though. Also I deliberately only quoted posters who are banned, because it wouldn't necessarily be completely fair to call out posters who are still here.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Would be interesting to find out how much is him feeling confident to talk openly in a bigoted way following getting a platform Vs how much is due to mental problems following depression and a potential brain injury following a coma
I don't believe there's a connection between mental problems and talking racist shit on twitter. We don't really need to dig very deep, he's just a good old racist.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
True, he's definitely declined. I think the signs were always there, though. Also I deliberately only quoted posters who are banned, because it wouldn't necessarily be completely fair to call out posters who are still here.
It wouldn't be fair if they've changed their views on him but if not then I'd say they're fair game

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't believe there's a connection between mental problems and talking racist shit on twitter. We don't really need to dig very deep, he's just a good old racist.
I don't think his views came about due to his benzo bonanza, but I think the whole experience has definitely impacted him. He's always been a tool but post coma JP is a walking comic book villain.

Conor

It was fairly evident from the start that he had all his current nonsense simmering under the surface.

Drainy

Then you give the rat some cider and it goes into an existential crisis and gets depression, then blathers on about nothing for the rest of it's life

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why is Theo Von even interviewing him?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

The 'I don't agree with him, but...' defence is great.

In mitigation, bloviating is a great word that I'd forgotten.

Mike Smalling

TIL the definition of ‘two-spirit’.

Anyway, he will accomplish very little by being a perpetually angry and whiny twat. The pre-Benzo version was much more effective at reaching people with his messages, such as they are.

Bebe

I don't think his views came about due to his benzo bonanza, but I think the whole experience has definitely impacted him. He's always been a tool but post coma JP is a walking comic book villain.
It's radicalization played out for us all to see, imo. I don't have an issue saying that his material from a few years ago seemed sensible and certainly helped me a great deal.

I also don't have an issue with saying that present day JP is a hilarious imbecile.

Mike Smalling

It was the benzos, but certainly also the liquid tiberium injuries.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
"Despiser of the peasantry" :lol:

I don't want to catch acute brain rot by googling this: who is Slimey and why are they destroying the world?