Peterson, Harris, etc....

Lemoor

does anyone have a scooby about what he's mad about there?
In short, a bureaucrat deciding where a person is allowed to drive is literally Stalinism. And I assume because of that he sees that AP tweet as a disgusting piece of propaganda.

Tarrou

In short, a bureaucrat deciding where a person is allowed to drive is literally Stalinism. And I assume because of that he sees that AP tweet as a disgusting piece of propaganda.
I mean that's hilarious obviously, you could literally say the same thing about driving on the side-walk, or the wrong way down a one-way street

Lemoor

I mean that's hilarious obviously, you could literally say the same thing about driving on the side-walk, or the wrong way down a one-way street
This is what being a culture warrior does to a brain.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
What an idiotic question.
Well most people who are prescribed them long term are essentially addicted, same goes for a lot psyciatric drugs, but most informed people don't talk about it as a slur aimed at the patient.

Mike Smalling

Well most people who are prescribed them long term are essentially addicted, same goes for a lot psyciatric drugs, but most informed people don't talk about it as a slur aimed at the patient.
Ok, I don’t care.

Gehrman

I would say anyone who has been in treatment for benzo addiction is addicted to benzos
Addiction vs dependency is a fraught term. They changed the definition in the 80's before the advent of the Srri's. Now addiction means you need a higher and higher dose to achieve a desired effect. But a lot of smokers can manage 1 pack a day. We dont say they arent addicted. There is this weird cognitive dissonance where dependency on many psyciatric drugs are normalised but shots aimed at people who take benzodiapines and sleeping tablets with benzo effects.

If JP was taking a higher and higher dose to a achieve a desired effect. Pr. The new definition, he is an addict. If he wasnt he was just dependent.

But the reason why i chime in, i personally dont like shots aimed at people who take benzodiapines as prescribed by their doctor as if the field of psychiatric medicine isnt fraught with dependency with so many commonly prescribed drugs.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Addiction vs dependency is a fraught term. They changed the definition in the 80's before the advent of the Srri's. Now addiction means you need a higher and higher dose to achieve a desired effect. But a lot of smokers can manage 1 pack a day. We dont say they arent addicted. There is this weird cognitive dissonance where dependency on many psyciatric drugs are normalised but shots aimed at people who take benzodiapines and sleeping tablets with benzo effects.

If JP was taking a higher and higher dose to a achieve a desired effect. Pr. The new definition, he is an addict. If he wasnt he was just dependent.

But the reason why i chime in, i personally dont like shots aimed at people who take benzodiapines as prescribed by their doctor as if the field of psychiatric medicine isnt fraught with dependency with so many commonly prescribed drugs.
Yeah I agree with your last parapgraph. But I think I saw Perterson himself describe it as addiction, not that it matters.

Regarding Peterson escalating his dose, I think it's safe to say he was? He got so addicted they had to put him on ketamine, which fecked him up even more. Then he put himself in a coma and can't remember half a year.

Gehrman

Yeah I agree with your last parapgraph. But I think I saw Perterson himself describe it as addiction, not that it matters.

Regarding Peterson escalating his dose, I think it's safe to say he was? He got so addicted they had to put him on ketamine, which fecked him up even more. Then he put himself in a coma and can't remember half a year.
I dont know tbh. Perhaps he was escalating his dose so much that he felt he needed he needed to put himself in coma in eastern europe whilst being fed beef through tubes or perhaps instead of tapering with diazepam under the advice of his doctor he went with his daughters wisdom instead. Which was coma and beef through tubes.

Tarrou

I dont know tbh. Perhaps he was escalating his dose so much that he felt he needed he needed to put himself in coma in eastern europe whilst being fed beef through tubes or perhaps instead of tapering with diazepam under the advice of his doctor he went with his daughters wisdom instead. Which was coma and beef through tubes.
sorry I'm so stoned rn I've read this three times and still can't figure it out what it means

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

First 30 seconds. Didn't know Navalny's name or a single thing he's done but had already decided he's a baddie.

The guest is fecking insufferable too.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
From the last few posts Peterson doesn't necessarily strike me as a go to source for reliable lifestyle choices.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
From the last few posts Peterson doesn't necessarily strike me as a go to source for reliable lifestyle choices.
Who would have thought that granny pubes, lobsters and Peter Pan life lessons was actually JP at his sanest.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'll put this here, in case someone has way to much time to read a Twitter thread about someone who truly does not matter. In fact, if you even know that this person exists you've gone too far.

Eriku

That conspiracy theory about the simulated universe gone wrong seems plausible when you look at this dude, formerly extolled as a major intellectual, having a public and loud grudge against Elmo.

Mike Smalling

Oh, simples...

I refuse to believe someone like Matt Walsh organically has an audience. He would be nowhere without being part of The Daily Wire.

What’s the appeal? While is dislike them, I can at least understand why the likes of Shapiro, Crowder and Peterson (pre meltdown) are popular. Walsh is just a super creepy middle aged man with no charisma.

Eriku

I refuse to believe someone like Matt Walsh organically has an audience. He would be nowhere without being part of The Daily Wire.

What’s the appeal? While is dislike them, I can at least understand why the likes of Shapiro, Crowder and Peterson (pre meltdown) are popular. Walsh is just a super creepy middle aged man with no charisma.
You just need to ostensibly own the libs, and to sound like you know what you’re talking about, which is easy when pandering to a base that don’t know what critical thinking is.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Perish the thought of someone listening to the whole podcast, but this is how discourse works these days I guess. Cherry pick a clip out of context, tie some nice images to it, prove someone is a nazi sympathiser, have the ACLU cancel them.

Behold the age of enlightenment.

For the record, there's about 50 things said in the full length podcast that would get a lot of posters on here vastly more angry than that snippet.

Kaos

Perish the thought of someone listening to the whole podcast, but this is how discourse works these days I guess. Cherry pick a clip out of context, tie some nice images to it, prove someone is a nazi sympathiser, have the ACLU cancel them.

Behold the age of enlightenment.
I'm not listening to 90mins of Sam Harris' pseudo-intellectual waffle. Assuming you have listened, could you explain how that might have been taken out of context?