Phil Foden - What Is His Potential?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I never think of him as a dangerous attacking player, more as a real technician who's good at dribbling and passing. Yet he seems to score constantly as well. Unreal player.
Yeah, I think that’s the wrong assessment. He’s always been a final third player. His G/A return is very impressive — Transfermarkt has him down as 41 goals and assists in 100 matches for City.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Easy to look great in a squad brimming with quality and when the team is in form. Harder to look good when the going gets tough. Just look at the difference in TAA this year and last.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
There was a time I thought Brahim Diaz would be better.

RedorDead21

How great would Grealish be under this manager and in this team. Foden is lucky to be where he is right now.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
His goal was really well taken. Lots of power.
Then he goes and does the sign of the cross with his left hand. He must be the anti-Christ.

Robertd0803

I really hoped he would get fed up of not getting a proper chance at City and run down his contract and feck off somewhere else. No such luck.

Okey

Special, special player. Sucks cos of where he's at, mind.

El Jefe

I didn't see it at first because he was advertised as a David Silva type, and watching him I couldn't really see that in him. In the last couple of seasons, he's really grown into his own and is a fantastic player and has top level potential.

His game is so similar to Griezmann, especially the younger version at Sociedad.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Easy to look great in a squad brimming with quality and when the team is in form. Harder to look good when the going gets tough. Just look at the difference in TAA this year and last.
Funny that, I've lost count of how many times Foden's pulled us through when the rest of the team played like shite. We wouldn't be top of the league without his goals vs Brighton or West Ham, likely wouldn't have beaten Chelsea if not for him and would probably be out of both cups too.

Trent has always been pretty bad at defending. Last season it didn't matter because Van Dijk was babysitting, this year it's just more noticeable.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What a player. Guardiola once said he is best young talent he has ever worked with... well other than Messi, he is not wrong I guess.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hes got a very long way to be even closer to Sir Bobby.
For sure.. but we are talking talent and potential wise - a kid who took England to U17 World Cup so he’s got the hallmark of a genuine world star/generation level talent IMO. Whether he gets there is never guaranteed but that’s what he should be aiming for.

slored1

I think he might be the best English talent in the past 10 years. Reminds me of Iniesta, with incredible technique and footballing IQ.

hubbuh

He's fecking good. Ridiculous to spend his entire career at City if it goes that way, though.

romufc

What a player, his ability to retain the football is one of the best I have seen in a young player.

He just seems so comfortable on the ball, running with it and striking the ball.

England have so much talent in that area, I wonder how Southgate will go? Probably defensive knowing him.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
England have so much talent in that area, I wonder how Southgate will go? Probably defensive knowing him.
Southgate can't fit him, Sterling/Sancho/Rashford and Kane into the same team. If he does, how will there be room for the GK, three CBs, LB, RB and three holding midfielders? And without those, how can we possibly hope to keep world-class attacks like Tunisia or Panama at bay?

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
Disclaimer - I am of course slightly biased in my view :)

Followed his progress right through from his early academy days to where he is now. Even as a kid it was evident that he could turn into a very special player though that of course has been said of many youngsters only for them to disappear when they get to the first team. For that reason, when discussing him I was always pretty reserved when someone would ask me how far he could go.

Now though, I think I'm ready to say that I genuinely believe he can become one of the best in the world over the next 5 years or so. He really is that good.

romufc

Southgate can't fit him, Sterling/Sancho/Rashford and Kane into the same team. If he does, how will there be room for the GK, three CBs, LB, RB and three holding midfielders? And without those, how can we possibly hope to keep world-class attacks like Tunisia or Panama at bay?
Yep, I agree.

Its cowardly tactics. Why would you want to play 8 defensive players when we have like 8 attacking players on the bench that would start for any other team.

To me Foden, Grealish have to start for England. This is international football, you won't get to counter attack so there isnt a real point in going with all pace.