5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
think that smalling (when 100%) and rojo are first choice. my hope would we'd buy someone better than all 3 in the summer.

i'd sell him if a club offered 16m for him double quick.
With how they have been used this season clearly Jones and Rojo are the first choice CBs(atleast when we play with two CBs). Jones and Rojo have both started every match they have been fit for and have never been on the bench. While Smalling has been an unused substitute 4 times and came off the bench two times.

Red_toad

He hasn't been very poor at all, he's been good in most games he's played. I don't think he should be first choice next season either but he's definitely good enough to be part of the squad and it's likely that he'll continue to get better.
Is the done thing now. Win lose or draw, some people come on here to pick at every little lapse in certain players performances!
I do wonder where the enjoyment in watching a game is for them? As they just seem to need to find something to bitch about every week.
Phil was fine today, bar 1 lapse.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's obviously going to be a lot better than Smalling when he gets to Smalling's age in 3 seasons time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Criticism of him was over the top last game and same again. Is he going to make it who knows, but it is too early to write him off and the witch hunt is unnecessary.

FujiVice

Phil saw Den Perry have a suspected heart attack on stage tonight. Cant be good for his head, that.

Ole240599

think that smalling (when 100%) and rojo are first choice. my hope would we'd buy someone better than all 3 in the summer.

i'd sell him if a club offered 16m for him double quick.
Likewise, however I think it is wishful thinking unfortunately.

ChrisG11

He's going to be class lol, it's evident. You've got Kompany who's been making mistakes for a solid 3 seasons, Gary Cahill who has now actually been dropped because people are starting to realise he's bang average, and Koscielny who is probably the most error prone CB in the league whilst arguably being the best one as well. 3 first choice, experienced CBs for the best sides in the country this season, but god forbid if a Phil Jones makes a mistake at the age of 22 in the first season he's actually had a proper run at centre half.

Get some perspective, he's going to be class and he's most certainly United standard.

MDFC Manager

Still 3 weeks away from turning 23. I've got hope for him, he can be a good player for us.

Dunk

Body language expert
Him and Rojo could form a solid CB partnership and need to play all the league games. Against Cambridge I'd rest one or two of them, but for the big daddy games they should partner up.

Was Smalling on the bench yesterday? Maybe he should start v. Cambridge.

red_7

Strange he is only a year older than Thorpe. Still time to develop but hasn't done this over the last 2 seasons

Walters_19_MuFc

Strange he is only a year older than Thorpe. Still time to develop but hasn't done this over the last 2 seasons
Probably because he hasn't been always playing as a centre back. Hopefully he will get the opportunity to do so, where we should see him develop more.

Walters_19_MuFc

Him and Rojo could form a solid CB partnership and need to play all the league games. Against Cambridge I'd rest one or two of them, but for the big daddy games they should partner up.

Was Smalling on the bench yesterday? Maybe he should start v. Cambridge.
Yes. If fit, I think it's a cert that Smalling will start against a very tall Cambridge side. That said, we seemed to handle the aerial threat of Cambridge pretty well with Rojo and Jones, but like you said, I think we should rest at least one of them for that game.

Devil may care

Smalling is the better fit with Rojo, you can't have Rojo as the reserved one in a CB partnership. I can see the lines have been drawn in here but come the summer they will most likely all be trying to get a start alongside Hummels anyway.

West Ham 1:1 Man Utd

Sam

He's absolutly useless.

Crap in the air, constantly out of position, and throwing himself into ridiculous tackles. I honestly don't think he has a clue what positional awareness is.

dirkey

He's absolutly useless.

Crap in the air, constantly out of position, and throwing himself into ridiculous tackles. I honestly don't think he has a clue what position awareness is.
He's been fine today bar giving away one stupid free kick on the edge of the box.

Sam

He's been fine today bar giving away one stupid free kick on the edge of the box.
Just watch him, he's constantly out of position, charging across the pitch like an idiot.

dirkey

Just watch him, he's constantly out of position, charging across the pitch like an idiot.
I'm not his greatest fan by a long shot, but today he has been fine. All our problems have come through our shocking midfield which has done absolutely nothing, and from free kicks and corners. I do realise he's generally bad with his positioning, but today I think he has done OK.

dirkey

Behave yourself. He hasn't been any worse than Rojo, who's been all over the place today.
Some people genuinely have agendas for / against certain players. I don't like Jones much myself, but he really hasn't been that bad today. Probably one of our top 5 players to be honest, given that the entire midfield and attack has been dismal.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Can't understand why would he go for that failed header for the goal, looked like a dog who just freed himself from a leash.

Classical Mechanic

Can't understand why would he go for that failed header for the goal, looked like a dog who just freed himself from a leash.
To attack the ball and take control of the situation? I think that is why managers like him because he takes responsibility, he just needs to tidy up his work a bit.

Kostur

海尔的老板
To attack the ball and take control of the situation? I think that is why managers like him because he takes responsibility, he just needs to tidy up his work a bit.
But he didn't control the situation, he brought in more chaos which resulted in goal. Rooney had his man marked, Jones should have marked his. It's not like we do the man-marking assignments prior to the match to throw ourselves around the box like he did.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
But Rooney had a clear view of the ball - it's not like there was no one there. Completely reckless of him to go in for that.

Classical Mechanic

But he didn't control the situation, he brought in more chaos which resulted in goal. Rooney had his man marked, Jones should have marked his. It's not like we do the man-marking assignments prior to the match to throw ourselves around the box like he did.
But Rooney had a clear view of the ball - it's not like there was no one there. Completely reckless of him to go in for that.
I didn't say that it wasn't a mistake.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The definition of an employee who'd like to be seen looking busy while doing average job. Still better than just being average, though.

Kazi

Thought he and Rojo handled themselves pretty well today considering the amount of pressure they were under. Unfortunate for them that there's no one in front of them relieving the pressure for a substantial amount of time until we conceded, made them look worse than they are - been happening all season.