Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephrem

If we want a ball playing CB you can't get better than Laporte. Aymeric Laporte is the very definition of a modern ball playing CB and what's more, unlike Lindelof he can actually defend. Jonathan Tah is another fantastic young ball playing CB with everything you could ask for size, power and speed. Tah is 1.92m and 92kgs of solid muscle. I am all for giving Lindelof a chance but if he isn't up to it then we have to cut our losses and get someone better that's what Man City did with their goalie and Bayern has done with Renato Sanchez.
Tuanzebe

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
There wasn't all that much contact but what there was was still enough for it to be a clear foul. He clears the ball easily if not off balance.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Not his best day, but somehow we looked a lot more solid with him on the pitch.

His booking was a little harsh but the challenge was in fairness quite rash.

kundalini

Lack of quality on the ball means we concede possession cheaply so often once Jones' easy pass options are cut-off. Really poor in the 2nd half.

Zoo

Doesn’t look happy in a back 3. Against Spurs and today he has been dodgy.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I do not think Jones, Smalling and Bailly are suited for a three man backline. Jones did not look comfortable having to get forward as much as he did today.

settembrini

I'm watching the game back and I'm surprised that Jones did not get criticised more for his performance. Not sure about the disallowed own goal but his defending in the minute leading up to Chelsea scoring is abysmal. First there is a cross into the box from the left where he loses Hazard, almost falls over, and gifts them a good shooting chance. 30 seconds later a Chelsea move breaks down and the ball falls to him, he has easy passing options to nearby United players but instead just boots the ball up into the air like Peter Kay in that John Smith's advert. Chelsea instantly get the ball back and go forward and he is out of position marking nobody while behind him in the box Smalling is stuck 2v1 with Morata and Bakoyoko. It's three extremely poor bits of play in not much over 60 seconds and costs us the match.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I'm watching the game back and I'm surprised that Jones did not get criticised more for his performance. Not sure about the disallowed own goal but his defending in the minute leading up to Chelsea scoring is abysmal. First there is a cross into the box from the left where he loses Hazard, almost falls over, and gifts them a good shooting chance. 30 seconds later a Chelsea move breaks down and the ball falls to him, he has easy passing options to nearby United players but instead just boots the ball up into the air like Peter Kay in that John Smith's advert. Chelsea instantly get the ball back and go forward and he is out of position marking nobody while behind him in the box Smalling is stuck 2v1 with Morata and Bakoyoko. It's three extremely poor bits of play in not much over 60 seconds and costs us the match.
Agree that his chaotic afternoon has been widely pardoned: I’m a Jones fan, but he’s looked clueless in a back three recently.

People are too busy creating hyperbole in the Smalling thread to scrutinise Jones and Bailly accordingly. Any future dabbles with the 3 should incorporate Blind to the left of Smalling with one of the aforementioned two on the right.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Smalling is the easiest target these days for some reason.

Zoo

Injured after 5 minutes. Ffs why couldn’t we pull him out.

Brigred

The man is too fragile to play football maybe he should try crochet

wr8_utd

:'(
His thigh was already bandaged and that's what he was feeling. Why on earth was he played at all in a meaningless game when he's carrying a niggle?

AndyJ1985

Shouldn't be playing in a shitty friendly in the first place. But it's still annoying that he continues to get injured. It's clearly never going to change

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Surely he is not that stupid to play half injured some friendly game? Just when I started to like him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Southgate said a couple of days ago that he doesn't take risks with the fitness of players.

Southgate starts possibly the most injury prone player in Europe in recent years with a strapped up thigh.

:houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.