Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

His thigh was already bandaged and that's what he was feeling. Why on earth was he played at all in a meaningless game when he's carrying a niggle?
Yep and he played on for 20 minutes after feeling it, clearly limping. Idiot.

Silas

Hoping Jose just told him to feign an injury during the game.

Camilo

It'll just be a muscular problem, he'll be fine. Arse for playing in the first place.

King Eric 7

The guy literally puts his body on the line to play football and has no sense of self-preservation. You just get the sense that he would clatter into a goal post to try to stop a goal going in, even when we are 4-0 up.

Hopefully he'll be back soon, but I won't hold my breath :(

gza the genius

I don’t know I personally think we should definitely keep relying on him to stay fit and play a big part of our season over and over again. I’m sure it’ll work out eventually.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His thigh was already bandaged and that's what he was feeling. Why on earth was he played at all in a meaningless game when he's carrying a niggle?
Maybe because he is patriotic, committed to Team England and very keen to experience the upcoming World Cup?

el3mel

Just saw the picture with his thigh bandaged. Seriously is he an idiot to play with his thigh like this ? Is Southgate an idiot too to let him play like this ?

I'm not worried much as our defense is strong anyway but this injury is stupid and easily avoidable just like Fellaini's one.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Jesus, this guy could get injured in a foam pit.

LJJT

I think calling him out personally is a bit harsh. He's a really good player and will be under pressure to play, he will want to do all he can to get a starting place for England you can't blame him for playing I'm sure he felt fit enough to do so. Just such a shame he can't keep fit as he is such a good player, for club and country

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think calling him out personally is a bit harsh. He's a really good player and will be under pressure to play, he will want to do all he can to get a starting place for England you can't blame him for playing I'm sure he felt fit enough to do so. Just such a shame he can't keep fit as he is such a good player, for club and country
The best way to play for England is not be injured for two thirds of a season, every season though. Knowing your own record, you should probably not play when you're already half injured.
I'd want to play for England too, but he has responsibility on this one.

lsd

The Oracle
Honestly do any non united players ever get injured on international duty?

Every time there's an international break its always a united player that comes back injured

AngliaRed

Does it really matter? Yes, hes been decent and consistent this season but when everyone is fit he will struggle to Bailey and Rojo out if the team and even Lindeloft once hes more settled!

Ive said for 2-3 years now Jones & Smalling really havent lived up to their potential! Shame really!

Dobbs

Maybe because he is patriotic, committed to Team England and very keen to experience the upcoming World Cup?
You can't do any of that if you're injured.

If he wants to help England and himself best thing he can do is listen to his body.

Red_toad

People on the bandwagon calling him stupid :rolleyes:

One of our most intelligent players.
We lost against Chelsea, thus it's all our players fault, so it's open season on insulting the usual suspects. Always amazes me how some fans fail to cope with any kind of disappointment and feel the need to insult anyone involved, or at times even people who took no part...

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not sure what more we can do with this guy. He gets rested every Champions League game, he literally plays once a week in the Premier League and it's a strain to see if he can see through these games. These international games are just way too much of an onus for him to take onboard.

Robertd0803

Stupid bloody international friendlies :mad::mad:
And seriously there are players dropping out of friendlies with stubbed toes and bad hair days yet Phil Jones plays with his leg strapped up.FFS will he ever learn his limits??

Trizy

Good thing the Rojo is back. Rock fecking solid before the injury.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does it really matter? Yes, hes been decent and consistent this season but when everyone is fit he will struggle to Bailey and Rojo out if the team and even Lindeloft once hes more settled!
Maybe not that much. I've never really felt like our defence has settled with Jones hanging around though, coming back in and getting injured again a month later. Feels like we've been in a state of limbo (he'd definitely pull something playing that) for years. If Rojo has a good run I'd be happy to get rid.

Hambley

Jones is one of the most unlucky players. Injury to injury to injury to... He would become a top defender if he weren't prone to injuries. What a pity!

POF

Amazing comment by Southgate that Jones seemed no worse than before the game. He was bad enough that he had to go off injured in the first half. Southgate is saying he was in that condition before the game but they started him anyway?

Varun

Staff
He's daft as a bint, no surprises there. Why didn't we withdraw him from the squad is what I'm interested in. Spurs, City etc had withdrawn their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.