Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Horrible, horrible performance.

el3mel

Absolutely shambolic.

He's very good in most games but when he loses his head he becomes more of a Sunday league player.

A-man

He has always been a bit clumsy and had poor judgement, but today he was really off in most situations.

Devil may care

He's had a good season but that was one of the most brainless performances I've ever seen, and his distribution was as bad as Smalling's tonight.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Him and Mustafi working hard for a Dumbfeck of the Year award. These type of performances will most definitely cull chances for any serious title race in upcoming seasons.

The saddest thing is I'm almost used to him having such fail on the pitch, pretty much every season.

Zoo

He has the attributes but lacks stature and that bit of nastiness you want from a CB. Frankly he is gormless and comparisons with the likes of Terry were always laughable.

kundalini

I'm amazed he came out for the 2nd half. Complete liability. Even without the own goal that would have been a wretched performance.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Look he messed up for the header after 9 seconds or whatever it was but both Smalling and Young should have also done better.

For the second Young was so far away from his man it wasn’t even funny but he should have cleared with his left.

Other than that he actually did well but goals change games, so he’s had a bad one but tbf he’s still our best defender. It that is a big accolade.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Terrible today, but he’s been our best defender for about a year or so now so let’s not through the toys out the pram.

Bwuk

It’s fine playing well against poor sides, but in a big game like today we can’t afford him to be a clown.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It’s fine playing well against poor sides, but in a big game like today we can’t afford him to be a clown.
It's not like he fecks up every big game. Players have off days and bad performances. This happened to be his. Hopefully he's back to bring good on the weekend.

Andersons Dietician

Standard Jones really. He’s not a good defender. I don’t understand the praise he often gets. What he is good at is recovery tackles after he makes a mistake, which I personally feel clouds peoples opinions because that is all they remember is him making a last ditch recovery. They forget the reason he is doing that is because he already screwed up.
The OG today though if you’re going with your right there you’ve got to go laces or outside of the boot. Why he is trying to side foot it at that angle I have no idea. Just poor defending.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's a very good back up CB for us.

Should not start though. Poor on the ball - albeit not as poor as Smalling - and makes mistakes too often.

Bwuk

It's not like he fecks up every big game. Players have off days and bad performances. This happened to be his. Hopefully he's back to bring good on the weekend.
Maybe not but he’s at the age and experience level now where we are expecting him to be able to help lead from the back. Same with Smalling.

The pair of them are too error prone.

Compare them to the Spurs defenders.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Maybe not but he’s at the age and experience level now where we are expecting him to be able to help lead from the back. Same with Smalling.

The pair of them are too error prone.

Compare them to the Spurs defenders.
When Smalling has the ball, I start to sweat like a pig on the beach.

The pair of them do make me nervous.

Bwuk

When Smalling has the ball, I start to sweat like a pig on the beach.

The pair of them do make me nervous.
Exactly. It’s laughable that we have a basically unlimited budget and we are starting the biggest game we’ve played in weeks with a pair of defenders like those two.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Exactly. It’s laughable that we have a basically unlimited budget and we are starting the biggest game we’ve played in weeks with a pair of defenders like those two.
It's nuts how in the top 6, only city and spurs have reliable CBs.

Back in the day, every team had a solid set of center banks.

Sylar

Going with his right foot was just utter madness. Even if he slices it with his left it wouldnt have that much power. Trying to turn your whole body to go with the wrong foot is crazy.
But when was the last time he had a really good game for us at LCB? Serious question. Its obvious hes more comfy on the right.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Really fell apart after the OG for me.

Not the greatest of the starts for their opener but defenders do get outjumped by 6'3 stikers sometimes and I don't think he was too bad on that. It was no giant error at least.

Had a couple of nice moments after that, there was a blocked shot where I think Matic missed a header from a throw in, and he swept up well after a move where De Gea had a poor kick out.

Then the own goal came, obviously his fault which was a bad error, then the booking (harsh) and he was just plain bad after that. Like the rest of the back 4 there wasn't much protection there but he wasn't covering himself in glory at all.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Don’t really get the abuse for the first goal. Kane is pretty handy in the air and i’d say is atleast a couple of inches taller than Jones. You can’t expect Jones to win every aerial duel against him. For me the blame lay more with the reaction to the second and third ball of Matic and Young

Ludens the Red

Him and Smalling have this knack of not being bad but being absolutely horrific, there's no middle ground with these lot, either solid as feck or complete trash.

MAME DIOUF 32

Shocking performance but he's been our best defender this season. Hopefully just the off game to end all off games.

Status
Not open for further replies.