Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Red 11

Need to be off and bring Fellaini in, put Matic as a centre back. Need a bit more energy in midfield and also a bully. Both Pogba & Matic are just meh today.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

One of the few players bar Martial showing any desire. Shame he put the ball in his own net, but it doesn't matter. We should shave been two down anyway.

AndyJ1985

About time we binned off the rest of the dross from the team; Jones and Smalling being two of them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Jones has been superb for Spurs. At fault for both goals and his technical deficiencies exposed badly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve always voiced it as my main objection to the Jones/Bailly partnership - it is very poor aerially. The other centre half we went and bought is poor aerially too.

Djemba-Djemba

He's put in a Rooney vs Watford from last season level of display.

Staggeringly bad so far. If he's not subbed off he's going to be sent off.

Steven Seagull

Why, do you think he deserves criticism on today's performance so far? Im not the only one here who defends Smalling, just look at the thread.
I don’t mind. But you only ever come in here to slate him and only ever go in the Smalling thread to attack anybody who attacks him. Agenda posting of the highest order

Jones has been rubbish today.

Kag

:lol:

He's made a mistake. It happens.

The more pressing issue is that we can't seem to score against rival teams. Jones isn't to blame for that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can rio go back on the pitch for the next 45 mins?

Kag

I’ve always voiced it as my main objection to the Jones/Bailly partnership - it is very poor aerially. The other centre half we went and bought is poor aerially too.
This is a fair (and true) comment. One of very few we'll rational one we'll read, sadly.

Jones has always been susceptible in the air.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
At fault for both goals it looks like.

arthurka

Been terrible.. A performance to remember for all the wrong reason.. Jose needs to haul him off.. He will want to forget this asap..

Jonno

Hardly a disaster of a performance, he's looked overall pretty solid. His yellow card was never a yellow card.

Poor OG but what else was he supposed to do in that moment? He had to get something on it and it was just a shocker of a clearance.

Good defender who will be sat there at half time wondering how that has all just happened.

Classical Mechanic

Hardly a disaster of a performance, he's looked overall pretty solid. His yellow card was never a yellow card.

Poor OG but what else was he supposed to do in that moment? He had to get something on it and it was just a shocker of a clearance.

Good defender who will be sat there at half time wondering how that has all just happened.
He went with the wrong foot. Overall he hasn't been too bad aside from that.

J_Red 11

They are both not particularly bright. Jones is the better player though. His facial expressions are mint too
Smalling can win header & make clearance today like a proper defender. Jones can't, that's the difference between them in today's game. Facial expression doesn't make him better though.

In Rainbows

How is that hardly a disaster of performance? It wasn't even just the OG. The first goal was bad too. He got beat in the air, and along with Young didn't pick up the man going into space. What is a disaster of a performance? Being at fault for 3 goals?

J_Red 11

He went with the wrong foot. Overall he hasn't been too bad aside from that.
Honestly, Spurs bullied the left side especially Jones looks lost and couldn't cope with Spurs's attacks. You are being very very generous for saying "hasn't been too bad aside from that".

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Smalling can win header & make clearance today like a proper defender. Jones can't, that's the difference between them in today's game. Facial expression doesn't make him better though.

Im not a big fan of either of them but usually bran is better then hodor

Loublaze

ATLien
I don’t mind. But you only ever come in here to slate him and only ever go in the Smalling thread to attack anybody who attacks him. Agenda posting of the highest order

Jones has been rubbish today.
I don't rate Jones so why pretend? He did well at the start of the season and i've acknowledged that.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He switches off a times. I know defenders make mistakes but that coupled with injury concerns is perhaps reason to get rid.

Jonno

How is that hardly a disaster of performance? It wasn't even just the OG. The first goal was bad too. He got beat in the air, and along with Young didn't pick up the man going into space. What is a disaster of a performance? Being at fault for 3 goals?
3 goals?

I've seen Roy Keane smash a ball into his own net in a worse position than that, it can happen to anybody. He made the right decision, to run across the ball and try clear it for a corner. Sometimes it just happens in football where a freakish clearance goes in.

Fair comment on the first goal, I missed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.