Chelsea
United
Arsenal
Tottenham
Aston Villa

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Not so much evidence, more opinion. I don’t think Richarlison gets in the team, I don’t think Perisic adds anything, Spence is unknown, Bissouma is ok but not going to propel them into a title challenge, Lenglet was a clown at the biggest circus in Europe.

Personnel-wise, I think United’s biggest improvement is Ten Hag in for Ralf. At least I hope so. I also think a lot of the out of form players (Rashford, Shaw, Martial etc.) will rediscover some form. Again, I hope so. Still, in my predictions I only had us improving from 6th to 5th.
You're very harsh imo but each to their own. Richarlison is a good backup to have and they need depth. Perisic is still a very good LWB. Spence is a future player. Bissouma is a very good player. Same for ETH can be said for having Conte all season.

Im surprised many are putting United over Arsenal.

Arsenal have a better squad every way you look at it. The only guys from United who would get into their team right now is Bruno and Varane. De Gea as well but Arsenal has a good enough keeper to where I would not be bending over backwards to swap with De Gea.

Lisandro and Malacia are unknown as of now but even if you add them its 4 out of 11.

Arsenal have a really interesting team.
I'd take Varane and Sancho personally but that's it. But it's subjective, you'll find United fans who wouldn't take half our team.

Lynty

1. City - Haaland just gives them so much goals
2. Liverpool - replaced Mane with an Andy Caroll regen
3. Manchester United - our squad isn't really as bad as last season suggested (optimistic)
4. Chelsea - new era instability, still feel the defence will be suspect
5. Spurs - Conte to have a mid season meltdown
6. Arsenal - Arteta sacked in Feb

1. City, Haaland FFS
2. Spurs, Conte has recruited well and had a full pre season
3. Liverpool, a lot of players over 30 plus Mane gone
4. United, we are not as bad as last year suggests plus ETH
5. Chelsea, loosing defenders everywhere and missing out on all their transfer targets
6. Arsenal, Arteta sacked before Xmas.

Spaghetti

Mom's
You're very harsh imo but each to their own. Richarlison is a good backup to have and they need depth. Perisic is still a very good LWB. Spence is a future player. Bissouma is a very good player. Same for ETH can be said for having Conte all season.
A back up forward that’s no better than the ones he has replaced, a good LWB (do they even play wing backs) who I don’t think will cut it in the PL, and a future player. So their great summer of recruitment is a midfielder than Brighton don’t even seem to bothered about losing, and who seemingly (I know we don’t really know) had no other interest. If Spurs do well, it’s more likely to be from what they already had than what has come in. I think your summer has been better than theirs.

Amarsdd

1. City (they'll win but don't think they'll as dominant as last seasons)
2. United (think we'll surprise a lot of people, esp. those who has been judging us based on the last season which was an outlier)
3. Liverpool (here's hoping its their drop off season in their "cycle", also Mane is a big miss)
4. Spurs (Conte)
5. Arsenal (same as last, be in touch of the 4th place most of the season)
6. Chelsea (Tuchel is showing signs of imploding and I don't see him lasting the season)

This is based on the teams doing reasonable business by the end of the transfer window. I expect City to be clear at the top and 2-5 being pretty tight.

FatTails

1. City
  2. Spurs
  3. United
  4. Liverpool
  5. Arsenal
  6. Chelsea

Pretty confident City will finish first. Pretty confident Spurs will be in the top four, less confident about my prediction of second. I just really rate Conte and their transfer business was good. For Liverpool, I think we’ll see a drop off but they still have the players and manager to make top four.

Optimistic prediction for us, admittedly, but I’m impressed with the way ETH is organizing the team and we have a lot of good players who massively underperformed last year.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea/United
6. Chelsea/United

City are going to absolutely walk the league this year.

Liverpool will drop off massively and spurs will challenge them for 2nd

Comfortable 4th for arsenal

Us and Chelsea will be fighting for 5/6 place but both will be away from 4th.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
2. United (think we'll surprise a lot of people, esp. those who has been judging us based on the last season which was an outlier)
3. Liverpool (here's hoping its their drop off season in their "cycle", also Mane is a big miss)
Fully respect your opinion. But why do you do it to yourself? :lol: Your brethren are shaking their heads.

MalaysianRed7

Top 7:

1) City by a mile
2) Liverpool
3) Spurs by a mile, no more than 8 points off Liverpool.
4) United
5) Chelsea*
6) Arsenal*
7) Leicester

Bottom 3:

18) Everton
19) Southampton
20) Bournemouth

*All 3 of United, Chelsea and Arsenal will be neck and neck throughout, and it’s nothing more than my red-tinted glasses that gives us top 4 in this prediction.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs will just end up being part of the pack. They’re massively overrated.

Liverpool and City top 2, then 4 teams - Chelsea, Spurs, United and Arsenal- fighting for 3rd and 4th.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'll go for something abit different:

City
Spurs
Liverpool
Utd
Chelsea
Arsenal

Infra-red

I think that Tuchel throwing his toys out of the pram over signings (see his previous histrionics at PSG) has lead to some people underrating Chelsea a bit here.

Their starting XI is stronger than it was last season, not weaker. They will sign a few more players, but even if they didn't, I'd still have them as favourites for 3rd place.

Flying high

Got to love the optimism in this thread. I just wish I could see what you lot see.

We were one of the worst teams in the league at the end of last season, and we've lost several players but most of the crap players are still here. I think we'll finish somewhere between 10th and 5th. Could be even lower if we don't get any more players in.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool and City top 2, then 4 teams - Chelsea, Spurs, United and Arsenal- fighting for 3rd and 4th.
This. It also depends on injury. The team with the best squad depth probably can get into top 4 in a world cup in winter season.

Frank Grimes

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. United

If Bernardo leaves City I think Liverpool will win league. Utd get in a few signings we can finish above Arsenal and even challenge for top 4.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. United

If Bernardo leaves City I think Liverpool will win league. Utd get in a few signings we can finish above Arsenal and even challenge for top 4.
I was surprised to see Silva linked with a move away considering City have sold Sterling, Zinchenko and Jesus. Sterling and Jesus both stepped up towards the end of last season to help push them over the line. Silva had an excellent season as well.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
  1. United - unprecedented fairy-tale season-long run eclipsing Leicester's league win
  2. City
  3. Liverpool
  4. Spurs
  5. Arsenal
  6. Chelsea
Hope doesn't kill.....or does it?

TheLiverBird

I think that Tuchel throwing his toys out of the pram over signings (see his previous histrionics at PSG) has lead to some people underrating Chelsea a bit here.

Their starting XI is stronger than it was last season, not weaker. They will sign a few more players, but even if they didn't, I'd still have them as favourites for 3rd place.
Problem with Chelsea is the one position they need to fill desperately is a striker position with how they play, they have strengthened well though

the other problem with Chelsea is their closest current rival imo in Spurs have a far far better manager at their helm in Conte who has also brilliantly strengthened them too

I do think putting Chelsea out of the top 4 is a little extreme though, no way currently do Arsenal or Utd look like great 3rd/4th challengers to the Quality of Spurs and Chelsea

I don’t see Arteta as the man to change things at Arsenal, and although I certainly see United improving under Ten Hag, I still see them falling short, they push top 4 but not achieve I don’t think, Spurs and Chelsea will be too strong here

City have Slightly reduced their squad depth I think, while Liverpool have lost Mane I think that’s why Diaz was brought in in the first place plus Nunez who will also cover whilst getting up too scratch, Mane is a blow but out depth is still as strong, City’s starting X is still just as strong but their depth isn’t so it’ll be fascinating

1.City/Liverpool
2.Liverpool/City
3.Spurs
4.Chelsea
5.United
6.Arsenal
7.West Ham
8.Newcastle
9.Crystal Palace
10.Aston Villa
11.Leicester
12.Everton
13.Leeds
14.Brighton
15.Wolves
16.Bournemouth
17.Forest
18.Southampton
19.Brentford
20.Fulham

paulscholes18

1 City
2 Liverpool
3 Spurs
4 Chelsea
5 Man Utd
6 Arsenal
7 Newcastle
8 West Ham
9 Brighton
10 Leicester
11 Villa
12 Palace
13 Wolves
14 Leeds
15 Everton
16 Southampton
17 Fulham
18 Brentford
19 Forest
20 Bournemouth

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
United
West Ham
Leicester

Last edited:

Tønsberg

Supports
Norway
1: Liverpool

2: Manchester City

3: Arsenal

4: Tottenham

5: Chelsea

6: Man United

Swordsman

after seeing charity shield match.

My EPL prediction ATM (might change if there are more transfers)

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. United
6. Chelsea

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Chelsea
7. Newcastle
No way Newcastle finish 7th. They haven’t signed anyone. Also optimistic for United to get 3rd. With the signings we have made I can’t see top 4. There isn’t enough goals in the squad.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool
Tottenham
Manchester City
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea

justsomebloke

Gonna do this in tiers, which I think is the highest level of precision that really makes sense at this stage (order in each tier purely coincidental):

Tier 1 Title contenders (1st-2nd): Manchester City and Liverpool
Tier 2 PL qualification contenders (3rd-6th): Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, United
Tier 3 (in-betweeners/top 4 dark horses) (7th): West Ham
Tier 4 Mid-table teams (8th -12th ): Leicester, Aston Villa, Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle
Tier 5 Just above the relegation battle zone (13th-15th): Southampton, Palace, Brentford
Tier 6 Relegation candidates (16th-20th): Bournemouth, Fulham, Nottingham Forest, Everton, Leeds.

Additionally, I think it's worth noting that United and Leeds have known unknowns that make them harder to judge than the rest. United with a new coach, a new system and quite extensive changes in the squad are clearly in the midst of a quite fundamental transition. This makes them less predictable. Similarly Leeds, who have lost two defining players and are still transitioning into a new style of play.

Last edited:

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
  1. Liverpool
  2. City
  3. Spurs
  4. Chelsea
  5. Arsenal
  6. United
  7. West Ham
  8. Brighton
  9. Newcastle
  10. Palace
  11. Leicester
  12. Villa
  13. Everton
  14. Wolves
  15. Saints
  16. Leeds
  17. Fulham
  18. Brentford
  19. Nottingham Forest
  20. Bournemouth

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. United
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. West Ham
8. Newcastle
9. Leicester
10. Aston Villa
11. Crystal Palace
12. Brighton
13. Southampton
14. Everton
15. Fulham
16. Leeds
17. Nottingham Forest
18. Wolves
19. Brentford
20. Bournemouth

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
The kneejerking in here is hilarious. I’d love to be arsed enough to do a statistical analysis of how the community shield has changed the lineups in the posts above from ‘city by a mile/haaland-gerd muller regen‘ etc etc in first place to city now being shite and Liverpool strolling it in first place.

Jev

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham
6. United

etc.

Volksie316

As it stands, it would be really good to make even 5th.

The manager will no doubt bring huge improvements to our plying style, as shown in pre-season, but our squad lacks the depth of other clubs, to compete.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Well this thread is a nice example of "manage your expectations" phrase, although I do agree we will find it hard to get higher than 6th with current squad. With one more midfielder, who is enough, we are moving to 5th place in my predictions.
Why is Tottenham so high on many people list?