"Flicked up off his knee a bit"

So?! It's still a bloody handball!

Tarrou

thats one of the worst I've seen

clear handball and clearly moves his hand towards the ball

Sylar

Var came into help the refs
But it's the same refs in charge of being VAR

Is it any surprise there isn't any consistency?

Gliggs

The penalty incident is confusing me. I was sure in any case the ball was cleared out for a corner.

After they decided no handball the game continued with a free kick to villa.. not even a goal kick. It was a free kick taken from where the initial shot was taken.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Compare that to the ones given against Lindelof, Doherty and Dier earlier in the season :lol:

Sylar

A lot of tough games incoming though. We had a nice run of fixtures.
True but momentum is with your lot. And the ability to keep teams out too.

Under Fergie I saw us do that a lot where we just strung together a run of results and not conceding and we could see how much it annoyed our rivals and put extra pressure on them

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can 100% accept that they were technically right not to award handball because of the deflection and hand position but in that case it's yet more proof that the handball law is broken. Because intuitively that should be handball, you'd think.

Idxomer

The mark of a great playmaker, assisting with his weaker foot.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yeah, so City won 1-0 against Sheffield and we lost 2-1 after being fecked by the ref twice. So these decisions that went against United really do have a relevance in tight and tough games doesn't it? We should have 3 points but instead City gets a free 3 point gap because of blatant referee decisions and VAR feckery.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought it was handball at first, but if they did change the rule I guess it's the right call. Doesn't feel right but

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought we massively got away with the penalty and we were under siege for first 20 minutes generally but this would be a really good win as Southampton real bogey team for us since they came back into prem in 2012. Grand total of one win v them in about 11 games.

Josh 76

Southampton hitting bad form, but they are probably looking forward to their next fixture.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Around this time last year i said Smith was Aston Villa's main problem: he just wasn't doing a good job and that was why they sucked. Then COVID happens, and 4 months later Smith has figured everything out and Villa have turned into a top 8 side in the league :lol:

Kudos!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s onside IMO. Should be measured by the head or foot not his arm.

Gordon S

Poor Ralph is going to have an aneurysm. They truly deserve a point here

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is it just me or whoever's drawing those lines is bad at it? Looked like they cut off a slice of the defender's arse there :lol:

Also this new "handball starts below the sleeve" is just ridiculous

Member 90887

That has to be a joke surely. What the hell is wrong with VAR, this is so arbitrary!!!

NinjaFletch

It's like they've designed it to ensure it always makes the worst decision it possibly can.