Player of the Tournament?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fair pick, Griezmann was good. I'd probably have given it to Pepe but whatever.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Official UEFA EURO 2016 Team of the Tournament:
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2389933.html

Rui Patricio - Kimmich, Pepe, Boateng, Guerreiro - Kroos, Allen - Ramsey, Griezmann, Payet - Ronaldo

all in all quite ok, but I might have put Bale instead of Ramsey
Meh, not that impressed. No Italians in that back five? Surely Bonucci, Chiellini over Guerreiro and possibly Buffon or even McGovern or Sommer. Kimmich good though he was only played in 3 games. Srna led brilliantly in the group stages and would be a viable alternative IMO. Allen in centre midfield was decent enough, but I'm not sure he dictated enough games to get into this team. That said, I struggle to think of other options alongside Kroos. Cannot really argue with the front four. Hamsik probably deserves a spot, but it's hard to squeeze him in.

NoPace

Official team:
Rui Patricio - Kimmich, Pepe, Boateng, Guerreiro - Kroos, Allen - Ramsey, Griezmann, Payet - Ronaldo

I'd probably have put Bonucci into a back 5 and just dropped Payet, who slowed down as the tourney went on. Rest looks fine though I assume someone at RB outplayed Kimmich, who didn't play that much. Because it was a scruffy tournament it's easier to pick 6-7 CBs who stood out (Glik, Arnason, Barzagli, Chiellini, Chester) than FBs, who didn't have as much impact going forward.

Also, Bale over Ronaldo on the balance of the tournament, even though Ronaldo's aerial prowess won the battle between them.

Ban

Fair pick, Griezmann.

As for official team, I would put Bonucci or Chiellini instead of Boateng.
Srna maybe at RB, he had an immense tournament.

prarek

Ronaldo ahead of Nani :lol:. Even Giroud had more impact than Ronaldo.

Womp

idiot
Ronaldo making that team ahead of Nani further proves that these individual awards are given based on reputation for the most part rather than performances.

FreeHerrera

Pepe for me. Best player for Portugal. Except for some brainfarts he had world class performances all around. Griezmann was great one game and shit another, very uneven performances from him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Pepe or Nani for me. Rui Patricio had a good tournament too.

Griezmann has scored some belters but he's not been outstanding. France were very frustrating at times. Infact this was a frustrating tournament in general!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ramsey played as a part of the attacking unit, not sure why people try to put him as a midfielder here.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
No Nani or Bale :lol:.