Players to bin - April 2018 edition

SteveW

Why is Rojo escaping all these lists. He's been here for years and done nothing.

Blind
Darmian
Rojo

SteveW

For all his ready for game pro, there is con that he is the reason for lack of urgency in build up as all his passes go right to Valencia 80 percent of time and we know what happens after that. He is technically incompetent to open passing lines to midfield player.
He's first choice. Clearly the manager rates him highly and wants him in his team. Sell the ones that are earning a wage and never playing.

daveskimufc

It's hard to consider properly after Sunday as dross!
As much as mourinho annoys me with his tactics we are second behind a great city team (sorry).
If mourinho stays we need to get rid of a few, but getting an Ancelotti in for example, mass changes wouldn't be needed.

I'd like to think he would see Shaw and start him, would get the best out of pogba, would identify our shocking wing play and change it. Etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Do people think we are going to be signing 8-10 players or something?

We won’t be getting rid of half the names being mentioned.

I think we’ll sell a CB, Blind, Darmian and Mata

And that would be a bit much.

Mcking

Actively Sell

Smalling, Jones, Rojo
None are consistently top quality. With the latter two it's injuries, with smalling it's his technical limitations and tendency to grab/ push that will cost us under VAR

Darmian, Blind
Average players who are on the fringes of the squad. Neither are likely to improve and I'd rather see more opportunities for youth

Herrera
Several seasons at the club and he's only had 16/17 that was good. Just an average player for me. Cash in while he is in his peak

Mata
Similar reasons for Herrera. I think he is a top player when in central attacking mid and with the right players around him to make up for his physical weaknesses. He very rarely gets played there and is half the player our wide

Fellani
Already a foot out the door - don't extend his contract

Shaw
Two managers have concerns about his fitness and application. He's run out of chances and a new start would be best for all

Consider Selling

Martial
Far too inconsistent. He needs to knuckle down and get to the next level as he will soon no longer be a youth player. The other consideration is that his contract is ticking down - we could get a handsome amount unless we leave it too late

Pogba
Only if someone comes in with stupid money

Romero
Possible the best back up keeper in the world and probably walk into at least 10 prem sides. Shane to waste him on the bench and could easily get 15m for a backup player with limited time on his contract
VAR is not yet in the EPL though and I can't remember anytime Smalling has cost us with shirt pulling. I guess you are not a fan of City and Spurs players?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Already leaving
1- Fellaini
2- Carrick

Actively sell
1- Jones
2- Rojo
3- Darmian
4- Shaw

Any player that isn't 100% committed (including Pogba and Martial if the rumours are true) should be allowed to leave for a suitable price and replaced.

Canagel

It's incredibly stupid. Out of around 10 senior defenders the one on everybody's list to sell is the one who's been our best and most reliable defender for the last few seasons. They guy is first choice and starts every game and he's the one people want to sell? Honestly can't get my head around it.
He is the best of a bad bunch. Doesn't mean he's good enough for United. Don't get me wrong there are other defenders who can go before him but Smalling isn't untouchable.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know if this is a popular opinion or not, but out of our current squad only De Gea should stay at all costs.
These players haven't been mainstays in teams that have won league titles and champions leagues, they haven't dominated English football. You're only as good as you've played at our club, and until we get back to the top nobody is safe, player, coach, manager whoever. We're Manchester United and if we aren't challenging for the big trophies we're not good enough.

Ludens the Red

Eh? Pogba played under Conte and Allegri, was key player for Juventus who are one of the most tactically drilled teams in Europe. He didn't have problems playing under Conte who expects insane work rate from everyone.

Edit: Check the distance covered stats for 2014-15 season.
Pogba was in top 30 when it comes to distance covered per mins stats published by UEFA.
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/40/05/13/2400513_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Pep's Bayern had Alonso and Vidal above Pogba and both covered 6 meters more per min which means over 90 min it's around 500 meters more.
Conte and Allegri teams play a lot more like a Mourinho team than a Guardiola one.
I also don't think that playing in the Premier League is the same as playing in serie a. The demands are far greater. I also don't think being in the top 30 for distance covered when you played for the best team in Italy by some distance is something special.

Jose's team are not known for their work rate, they are known for how tactically drilled his team is, how mentally focused his teams were.

Also regarding player not making runs or making a move to receive pass, then the blame should be on coach. If these things are still there after 2 years, then it's easy to see how well we are trained as a team.

Forget high press and all that, when the team makes almost 0 movements off the ball and plays as if they are playing together for the first time then you have to question the coach and how good his methods are.
Which all fits into work rate.... You speak about being mentally focused, that is something all great teams require.
I've been watching football for 20+ years and I can honestly say I've never seen a footballer more un mentally focused on a pitch than Pogba.
Yeah our attacking can be a lot better and the coaches need to do a lot better in setting us up for that but if the basics aren't there within the players then it doesn't really matter does it. If Martial and Pogba can't be bothered 50% of the time it'll have a detrimental effect. Especially as these two are the most technically gifted players we have .
You put the attitude and work rate of Rashford and Lingard into Pogba and Martial and the latter two would be tearing up this division on a weekly basis.

SteveW

He is the best of a bad bunch. Doesn't mean he's good enough for United. Don't get me wrong there are other defenders who can go before him but Smalling isn't untouchable.
At worst he's a squad player. Anyway selling the best of any bunch makes no sense. Keep the best, sell the worst. Simple enough concept

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Conte and Allegri teams play a lot more like a Mourinho team than a Guardiola one.
I also don't think that playing in the Premier League is the same as playing in serie a. The demands are far greater. I also don't think being in the top 30 for distance covered when you played for the best team in Italy by some distance is something special.
Conte expects his team to work very hard. There were so many articles on his training methods and how exhausting they were. Also not sure how bold part is anyway relevant, whether he played for best team in Italy or bottom team doesn't matter when we are talking about distance covered. Anyways that stat is for Champions league matches, so no he didn't play for best team in CL.

Which all fits into work rate.... You speak about being mentally focused, that is something all great teams require.
I've been watching football for 20+ years and I can honestly say I've never seen a footballer more un mentally focused on a pitch than Pogba.
Yeah our attacking can be a lot better and the coaches need to do a lot better in setting us up for that but if the basics aren't there within the players then it doesn't really matter does it. If Martial and Pogba can't be bothered 50% of the time it'll have a detrimental effect. Especially as these two are the most technically gifted players we have .
You put the attitude and work rate of Rashford and Lingard into Pogba and Martial and the latter two would be tearing up this division on a weekly basis.
If the basics aren't there within the player then coach should be sacked for breaking record to sign the player. If the basics isn't there, then he wouldn't have played for Juventus which was miles better than this ManUtd team. Pogba, Martial aren't bothered 50% of the time is just nonsense.

It's about time Jose takes responsibility for at least something, it's always everyone's fault except his. If anyone asks question he blows his own trumpet about how he won so many league titles.

Sterling Archer

I don't know if this is a popular opinion or not, but out of our current squad only De Gea should stay at all costs.
These players haven't been mainstays in teams that have won league titles and champions leagues, they haven't dominated English football. You're only as good as you've played at our club, and until we get back to the top nobody is safe, player, coach, manager whoever. We're Manchester United and if we aren't challenging for the big trophies we're not good enough.
I think your sentiment is reasonable . Just hard to execute in one transfer window.

I'd add the youth products to your must stay list - Rashford, TFM, McTominay, Axel for starters .

And then you have a player like Sanchez who hasnt had a real chance with the team. I'd definitely keep him. Right mentality as well. Matic I'd want to keep as well... If he could share his play time over the season we would see the best of an excellent midfielder.

Lukaku - he's given everything this season. He may not have the pedigree yet but he has the right mentality .

Ludens the Red

Conte expects his team to work very hard. There were so many articles on his training methods and how exhausting they were. Also not sure how bold part is anyway relevant, whether he played for best team in Italy or bottom team doesn't matter when we are talking about distance covered. Anyways that stat is for Champions league matches, so no he didn't play for best team in CL.

If the basics aren't there within the player then coach should be sacked for breaking record to sign the player. If the basics isn't there, then he wouldn't have played for Juventus which was miles better than this ManUtd team. Pogba, Martial aren't bothered 50% of the time is just nonsense.

It's about time Jose takes responsibility for at least something, it's always everyone's fault except his. If anyone asks question he blows his own trumpet about how he won so many league titles.
Ah ok so in the season Juventus got to the Champions League final and played more Cl games than anyone else Paul Pogba was in the top 30 for distance covered. :lol:

You're making it too much about Mourinho which tells me that's you're prerogative.
I also think you're over rating Pogbas time at Juventus and again failing to take into account how much more difficult it is to play in the pl.
Like I said if Pogba and Martial applied themselves like Lingard and Rashford it would make a world of difference.
Mourinho has dropped both players, he's stuck by both through poor form, he's criticised both, he's praised both. He's played all the psychological cards available to try and get the best out of these players. At what point do you go "hang on maybe it's the players".?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Sell:
Blind
Darmian
Smalling
Shaw

Retiring:
Carrick

Contract Expiring:
Fellaini

Players that should have a reduced role next season (keep them as squad players/bench warmers):
Valencia
Young
Mata
Jones
Rojo
Herrera

roonster09

Scout
Ah ok so in the season Juventus got to the Champions League final and played more Cl games than anyone else Paul Pogba was in the top 30 for distance covered. :lol:
Do you even understand how distance covered per min works? It's average, not total. :lol:

Also you fail to answer how "playing for best team in Italy" is relevant to distance covered.

You're making it too much about Mourinho which tells me that's you're prerogative.
I also think you're over rating Pogbas time at Juventus and again failing to take into account how much more difficult it is to play in the pl.
Like I said if Pogba and Martial applied themselves like Lingard and Rashford it would make a world of difference.
Mourinho has dropped both players, he's stuck by both through poor form, he's criticised both, he's praised both. He's played all the psychological cards available to try and get the best out of these players. At what point do you go "hang on maybe it's the players".?
You are just making more excuses. When will you blame coach for getting more from the players? Don't want to praise Pep here but didn't he say if he isn't getting more from players then he has to change or communicate better with the players? When will we ever see Jose taking responsibility for anything? He is so busy with telling Press how awesome he is/was.

Re bold part, when they play poorly under different manager too, not someone who criticized KdB's mentality/training when not a single coach criticized him.

Last edited:

Flytan

Of course it could be the players, but history shows that it's just as likely to be Mourinho especially because of the stigma he has of running players out of clubs when they shouldn't be. I just find it odd that players with the potential of Martial and Pogba (who already showed his potential at a previous club) just happen to struggle when being coached by him. There's a growing list of players who didn't perform under Mourinho that have flourished elsewhere. There comes a time when you have to ask if the way he tries to motivate people is correct.

GarrinchaNZ

Unfortunately, I would have to strongly disagree. Matic has been the one signing that Mourinho has bought who has proven his worth. Pogba's best game was against City, when he finally showed his potential, but all I've heard are *crickets* whenever he's played since. Is he worth $90 squillion? Feck no!

Last edited by a moderator:

caid

Only players i'd sell would be the obvious ones like Darmian and Blind who are a million miles away from the first team. They're just redundant. Too many of our signings haven't been an improvement over what we had, so I wouldn't be in a rush to sell half our first team.

GarrinchaNZ

Blind and Jones should go. Shaw should look for greener pastures, for his sake. The loss of Martial could be foolish in the long term? Herrera, whilst terrier like, has not shown me anything to think that he should be in the first team. As for Mourinho? He's pulled us out of the dire mess that that previous Dutchman left us in.
Today though, I'd prefer Klopp!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Darmian, Blind because they're never gonna play again and weren't really anything special to begin with.

Valencia and Smalling, showing signs of eroding abilities.

Lindelof, because he is a big pussy and cannot defend. Not enough quality. He looks like a good boy but there's much better and cheaper local talent.

Pogba, because I care more about Manchester United than individualities and he's not good enough. Simple. Potential means jackshit at the end of the day if not executed. Let him be someone else's problem.

Martial, I liked him, but he has a different type of problem. Of the mental or psychological kind.

Mata, eh, it's about time for him to move to a lower level where he can be the star of a mid-level team. His legs are gone.

Shaw, same as Martial and Pogba. Potential only goes so far.

That's a lot of players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Unfortunately, I would have to strongly disagree. Matic has been the one signing that Mourinho has bought who has proven his worth. Pogba's best game was against City, when he finally showed his potential, but all I've heard are *crickets* whenever he's played since. Is he worth $90 squillion? Feck no!
:lol: Whenever he's played since?

SteveW

Only in 2nd place. Sell everyone!!!

trafford1980

Actively keep:

De Gea
McTominay
Matic
Lingard
Rashford
Lukaku

Don’t give a feck if they stay/leave

Everyone else bar Fellaini

Get rid:

Fellaini. Seriously, that unsigned contract is an embarrassment. He seems to be the one turning us down now! It’s like asking out a girl you think you’re punching well above and then she says she’ll think about it for the next six months.

I’m generally pretty apathetic about most of our squad. De Gea is God. Matic & Lukaku have impressed me in their initial seasons and McT, Lingard and Rashford are a homegrown mix of young, much improved and deserving of wearing the shirt.

I’m guilty of holding Martial & Pogba to higher standards than everyone else, but haven’t been super impressed with either. I wouldn’t actively look to flog either one, but if we swapped both for another centre mid + right-sided attacker worth £75-100 mil each then feck it, why not. (Shrugs)

Ludens the Red

Of course it could be the players, but history shows that it's just as likely to be Mourinho especially because of the stigma he has of running players out of clubs when they shouldn't be. I just find it odd that players with the potential of Martial and Pogba (who already showed his potential at a previous club) just happen to struggle when being coached by him. There's a growing list of players who didn't perform under Mourinho that have flourished elsewhere. There comes a time when you have to ask if the way he tries to motivate people is correct.
Whats this growing list of players who didn't perform under Jose and did well elsewhere? And don't mention De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku. That is far more to do with Chelsea and their player/money laundering scheme. Mourinho has fallen out with plenty of players and staff but that's not happening at United not yet anyway.
If the likes of Rojo, Lingard, Young, Lukaku and Matic are capable of upping their game under Mourinho and significantly increasing their level of performance, why is it so difficult for players like Pogba and Martial to do so, even with their far superior ability?

Is that not something that makes you think? Or is it just easier to blame Mourinho?

Im not expecting us to play Liverpool, city style of football because that's not Mourinho but only three seasons ago Mourinho had Chelsea walking the league playing good well structured football (for most of the season anyway). I don't see anything even close to that level at the moment and I'm scratching my head as to why and the biggest problem I see is the same one that has effected this United team for years, a lack of desire, a lack of energy, a lack of discipline within the players.
Do you even understand how distance covered per min works? It's average, not total. :lol:

Also you fail to answer how "playing for best team in Italy" is relevant to distance covered.

You are just making more excuses. When will you blame coach for getting more from the players? Don't want to praise Pep here but didn't he say if he isn't getting more from players then he has to change or communicate better with the players? When will we ever see Jose taking responsibility for anything? He is so busy with telling Press how awesome he is/was.

Re bold part, when they play poorly under different manager too, not someone who criticized KdB's mentality/training when not a single coach criticized him.
Mate it's still shite and nothing to brag about. Top 30 ffs as if that's something.
If you look at the top teams they tend to have the highest amount of distance covered unless your man united of course....

Lol I liked that bit about Pep you said. A blatant lie. When pep isn't getting what he wants from a player he sells or drops them and spends half a billion replacing them. See most of city's team last season, see Zlatan etc.
If you're needing to make things up to criticise Mourinho then it's clear you're just making excuses for under performing players.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Mate it's still shite and nothing to brag about. Top 30 ffs as if that's something.
If you look at the top teams they tend to have the highest amount of distance covered unless your man united of course....

Lol I liked that bit about Pep you said. A blatant lie. When pep isn't getting what he wants from a player he sells or drops them and spends half a billion replacing them. See most of city's team last season, see Zlatan etc.
If you're needing to make things up to criticise Mourinho then it's clear you're just making excuses for under performing players.
His work rate was as good as Vidal, that means something when Vidal is one of the hardest working midfielder. Vidal and Alonso were from Pep's side and they covered similar distance to Pogba.

Re bold part, that says it all. There is a reason why ManUtd covers so less. If you still don't understand, check how hard Spurs and Liverpool worked before and after Klopp and Poch took over, it's very obvious answer.

Blatant lie? Go and check what he said in his press conference. Only 1 coach takes 0 responsibilities for his team's loss and when under performs.

Todd

Darmian, Blind because they're never gonna play again and weren't really anything special to begin with.

Valencia and Smalling, showing signs of eroding abilities.

Lindelof, because he is a big pussy and cannot defend. Not enough quality. He looks like a good boy but there's much better and cheaper local talent.

Pogba, because I care more about Manchester United than individualities and he's not good enough. Simple. Potential means jackshit at the end of the day if not executed. Let him be someone else's problem.

Martial, I liked him, but he has a different type of problem. Of the mental or psychological kind.

Mata, eh, it's about time for him to move to a lower level where he can be the star of a mid-level team. His legs are gone.

Shaw, same as Martial and Pogba. Potential only goes so far.

That's a lot of players.
You want to get rid of 9 senior players? How many do you think the club will bring in?

We were extremely fortunate this season in that we never really experienced our otherwise yearly injury crisis, but given the grueling nature of a long season competing in four different competitions I don't think we can afford to get rid of half a match day squad.

Ludens the Red

His work rate was as good as Vidal, that means something when Vidal is one of the hardest working midfielder. Vidal and Alonso were from Pep's side and they covered similar distance to Pogba.

Re bold part, that says it all. There is a reason why ManUtd covers so less. If you still don't understand, check how hard Spurs and Liverpool worked before and after Klopp and Poch took over, it's very obvious answer.

Blatant lie? Go and check what he said in his press conference. Only 1 coach takes 0 responsibilities for his team's loss and when under performs.
You can dress things up as much as you want and skew statistics, I'll use my eyes and my eyes tell me that Paul Pogba does not put in the required amounts of effort necessary to be effective as a Man United player.

We're never going to match Spurs, Liverpool and city for distance because they play a high press, their style is different. But someone posted it(I don't remember who) the issue with our distance covered isnt that we're behind city, spurs etc as such, its that we're literally near the bottom. Why is that? Is it the players? or is it the manager who in his entire career as a manager has had literally one season ONLY where his team looked like they couldn't give a feck. What is the most likely answer to that question, as a logical thinking, non agenda driven person?

It was a blatant lie, Guardiola is the master of saying things in a press conference that are completely different to actual reality. This is gonna sound crazy but managers tell lies. Why is this even being debated?

Are you actually suggesting Guardiola has stuck by the players he inherited at City and changed his methods and communication skills as opposed to the truth, where he binned most of them off and spent records amounts of money in bringing in replacements?

roonster09

Scout
You can dress things up as much as you want and skew statistics, I'll use my eyes and my eyes tell me that Paul Pogba does not put in the required amounts of effort necessary to be effective when he plays for Man United.

We're never going to match Spurs, Liverpool and city for distance because they play a high press, their style is different. But someone posted it(I don't remember who) the issue with our distance covered isnt that we're behind city, spurs etc as such, its that we're literally near the bottom. Why is that? Is it the players? or is it the manager who in his entire career as a manager has had literally one season ONLY where his team looked like they couldn't give a feck. What is the most likely answer to that question, as a logical thinking, non agenda driven person?

It was a blatant lie, Guardiola is the king of saying things in a press conference that are completely different to actual reality. This is gonna sound crazy but managers tell lies. Why is this even being debated?

Are you actually suggesting Guardiola has stuck by the players he inherited at City and changed his methods and communication skills as opposed to the truth, where he binned most of them off and spent records amounts of money in bringing in replacements?
So after not able to check the stats properly to "I don't give a damn about stats".

We are bottom of the league in distance covered as we are passive team. You play as you train, it won't change overnight like Jose said in press conference when he was confused why the team couldn't move the ball quicker as they trained like that for 2 days.

Re bold part, it's simple. we drop deep and rely on intercepting passes to win the ball back. We have 0 off the ball movement which all adds up to distance covered. It's not rocket science.

What is blatant lie? Guardiola has let go so many old players who didn't fit his methods and he still used 7 players he inherited regularly in his starting 11. Kompany, Otamendi, Silva, Fernandinho, KdB, Sterling, Aguero all plays when they are fit.

There are coaches who takes responsibilities for losses and team performances, maybe it's shocking to you after watching so many Jose's press conferences but managers/coaches takes it on them.

At times my ideas were not good, because I’m still getting to know the players, to know what is the best position, the best way to play, to adapt to them,”

“Sometimes I have an idea: three at the back or play a player in a certain way, and sometimes it didn’t work. And, when that happens, I never complain to the players. Because I see them training, how they suffer.

“You have to look at yourself and see what you have to do to help them find each other and play to each other more fluently, not all the time with an aggressiveness,”

“That is my job. I have to help them and I tell them that. And most of the times we were not good, it was my responsibility.”
Compare this with how Jose talks about players in press conference. It's never his mistake, it's always someone else'. If anyone asks any question then he stats to read his Wikipedia profile.

Ludens the Red

So after not able to check the stats properly to "I don't give a damn about stats".

We are bottom of the league in distance covered as we are passive team. You play as you train, it won't change overnight like Jose said in press conference when he was confused why the team couldn't move the ball quicker as they trained like that for 2 days.

Re bold part, it's simple. we drop deep and rely on intercepting passes to win the ball back. We have 0 off the ball movement which all adds up to distance covered. It's not rocket science.

What is blatant lie? Guardiola has let go so many old players who didn't fit his methods and he still used 7 players he inherited regularly in his starting 11. Kompany, Otamendi, Silva, Fernandinho, KdB, Sterling, Aguero all plays when they are fit.

There are coaches who takes responsibilities for losses and team performances, maybe it's shocking to you after watching so many Jose's press conferences but managers/coaches takes it on them.

Compare this with how Jose talks about players in press conference. It's never his mistake, it's always someone else'. If anyone asks any question then he stats to read his Wikipedia profile.
I won't argue about the content of Mourinhos press conferences. I agree, he gets very defensive and whiney and it does become tiresome but that isn't my main gripe. I wanna know why the players dont put the effort in all the time. What's telling is that the team is capable of doing it, you don't beat Chelsea, city and Liverpool in a month if you can't be bothered. I wanna know why the players can only be bothered some or half of the time. Is it really Mourinhos fault?
You're also being disingenuous about our style and tactics , we don't always "drop deep and rely on interceptions". There's plenty games where our CBs are halfway up the pitch and we have 60-70% possession but look toothless and again not working hard enough to unlock tight defences.

And it was definitely a lie. I'm not gonna give Pep credit for not selling players of that quality. He inherited a very good core at city, can't really say the same about Mourinho no thanks to Lvg.
But this is a guy who has binned off players he bought in his first season. He's very ruthless, if you can't cut it under pep you're out the door it's simple. Other than Otamendi there's no manager in the world walking into a team of those players you listed and getting rid.

cyril C

While at Juventus, Pogba wasn't being paid in millions, nor did he have his social media machine at work. When you a student you put in some extra work to earn good grade, when you are graduated you put your legs up and start talking about "I hate Monday"...

FILF

Blind is too good to bin - within our top 4 CB's easily; pushed higher up since all the others can't work in partnership.

Blind is a fundamental property of Jose & his inability to use players like him who make the players around him better.

Moved him to the left back & struggled - convinced the fans that he is rubbish at CB. A very cunning manager. Doing the same for Martial who proved him wrong even at LW.

Flytan

Whats this growing list of players who didn't perform under Jose and did well elsewhere? And don't mention De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku. That is far more to do with Chelsea and their player/money laundering scheme. Mourinho has fallen out with plenty of players and staff but that's not happening at United not yet anyway.
If the likes of Rojo, Lingard, Young, Lukaku and Matic are capable of upping their game under Mourinho and significantly increasing their level of performance, why is it so difficult for players like Pogba and Martial to do so, even with their far superior ability?

Is that not something that makes you think? Or is it just easier to blame Mourinho?
Yes, just happily ignore players he shunned to the side who became world beaters after they left his club. You say it has to do with Chelsea, but the club brought those players in and Mourinho never gave them the light of day to perform. They leave and instantly (yes instantly, not years later) become better players. You say we have players who have "upped their game" under Mourinho. I challenge you to actually think through what you're saying. Rojo has been constantly injured and always looked good at CB (LVG playing him at LB is where he struggled). Lingard has turned decent but the progress was already there under LVG. You remember reports of what SAF said about him and that he would mature later than most players. Lukaku hasn't improved since coming here at all. He had a similar goal tally playing for a massively lesser team. Matic has had his ups and downs this season and has performed admirably but has not reached the heights during his best season at Chelsea (albeit I feel like that's due to lack of rest - which is another issue with Mourinho, inability to rotate). Young has revived his career but he's a makeshift LB and if that's what you're holding on to in order to defend Mourinho, you really need to rethink your stance.

gza the genius

Already leaving
1- Fellaini
2- Carrick

Actively sell
1- Jones
2- Rojo
3- Darmian
4- Shaw

Any player that isn't 100% committed (including Pogba and Martial if the rumours are true) should be allowed to leave for a suitable price and replaced.
I'd go with this. And I have the exact same sentiments about Pogba and Martial as well. I definitely don't want to sell them but if either of them don't want to be here and aren't going to be committed on the pitch then we might as well cash in.