VDB
Henderson
Bailly
Telles
Elanga
Williams
Greenwood

Jones is a given

But Fred will probably get a new deal, in keeping with the club's rank idiocy whenever any near-worthless players get near the end of their deal. Will be zero interest in Martial or Sancho and they'll be here next season. VDB the same. Henderson will still be injured and will be stuck on the books as well. This summer is going to be as big a trainwreck for outgoings as it always is.
So, Fred has had no positive input last season (2022-23)?

032Devil

Maguire
Weghorst (sadly)
Jones
Van Der Beek

Players bought by previous managers but out on loan (eg Telles) with the exception of Amad Dallio at Sunderland.

Demon Barber

Correct me if I am wrong, but with the new FFP rules, only profit can go towards new signings. Home grown players like McT and Henderson will automatically be profit, but anything that we get from Maguire, DVB will be a loss and therefore cannot be added to the kitty. That's my understanding anyway.

simmee

Correct me if I am wrong, but with the new FFP rules, only profit can go towards new signings. Home grown players like McT and Henderson will automatically be profit, but anything that we get from Maguire, DVB will be a loss and therefore cannot be added to the kitty. That's my understanding anyway.
I am not going to bother checking the actual rules but I would assume it is accounting profit. Then I would also assume that Maguire's value on our books would have been amortized by quite a bit so we might make a profit on him from an accounting perspective. Although, I am not 100% sure on the accounting for football clubs.

Mwooyo

I think it comes down to the money to replace him. He will be kept just in case no one better is signed.

I don't expect Henderson to ever nail down a place here.

De Gea has had his time, time to move on indeed.
I know some people love to hate but even if Henderson isn't the perfect fit, he is a much better fit for us than de gea. He claims crosses better, sweeps better and commands his area better. They are on per when it comes to saves and distribution. Would go with him over de gea every single day.

jesperjaap

All the loans
Bailly
Williams
Telles
Henderson
Maguire
VDB
McTominay
Fred
Martial
Elanga

Thats just the 100% ones, but with a couple of out of contract additions that is a good 12players already, could quite easily add another five I wouldnt be fussed to see leave

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I want the players to leave that impact how we play.

DDG
Maguire
McTominey
Martial

They are the key ones at this stage. Martial offers no energy or movement to put pressure on teams. Maguire is too slow and destroys the confidence of those around him. DDG limits greatly what you can do in possession under pressure and McTominey is a throwback to a midtable 90s CM. He just isn’t what is required of a modern CM in 2023.

Those ones are key for me because of the impact on the football of the first team.

Obviously the likes of Bailly, Telles, Henderson VDB, Elanga should be sold too, but being so far away from the first team, they don’t have the same impact.

I used to argue in favor of Maguire (ever present) and Martial (squad depth), but players times come and go and with ETH as the coach, these players just don’t have a future here.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Would be easy to make a list if it were Football Manager.

DDG - still thanks for everything though but it's time.
Martial
Maguire
Sancho
Bailly
Fred
Williams
Telles
Henderson
Elanga
VDB

That would be my first day's business for starters.

Paul778

Would be easy to make a list if it were Football Manager.

DDG - still thanks for everything though but it's time.
Martial
Maguire
Sancho
Bailly
Fred
Williams
Telles
Henderson
Elanga
VDB

That would be my first day's business for starters.
How did you miss McT?

Sad thing is I'd be amazed if we got 60m for this rabble considering we'd likely have to sell low to offset high wage demands

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
How did you miss McT?

Sad thing is I'd be amazed if we got 60m for this rabble considering we'd likely have to sell low to offset high wage demands
I didn't miss him I would keep him on the bench for now. We can't change 70% of the squad so he gets another year :lol:

buckooo1978

----------------------De Gea-------------------
-----Tuanzebe----Bailly---Maguire-----
Williams--Donny--McTominay--Telles
----Elanga------Martial------Henderson

Thats my see you later 11... Henderson in an unusual role.

Didnt include Weghorst or Sabitzer. Think McTominay would generate a good fee and Fred, however short term, is a better option.

Realistically if we got shot of half of them Id be impressed.

meamth

Definitely has to go:
  • Bailly
  • Telles
  • Van de Beek
  • Maguire
  • Elanga
  • Henderson
If we signed 2 strikers, a midfielder and center back then I would like to see:
  • Martial
  • Mctominay
If we got new owners:
  • De Gea (painful to see)

Toblerone92

I’ve never understood the whole wage demands issue. Surely any buyers can say “like feck am I paying you £150k a week when you’ve been utter shite the last few seasons”?

Chungy

I’ve never understood the whole wage demands issue. Surely any buyers can say “like feck am I paying you £150k a week when you’ve been utter shite the last few seasons”?
Then the player can easily say "No thanks, I'll stay at my current club collecting my high wages and not playing. When my contract ends I'll get a better contract that what you're offering because my new could won't need to pay any transfer fee@.

AlPistacho

Maguire
Weghorse
Martial (could have been a great)
McTominay
Greenwood.
Antony if rumours are true. Love him as a player, think he’s been underrated for what he offers over 90 minutes especially in the latter part of the season and will only get better. But yeah rather have weghorse on the wing if it’s true.

Dominos

100% want to leave is always dependent on us actually replacing them.

It's easy to say 100% Maguire should leave but if you told me we wouldn't sign a centre back to make up the numbers, we should keep him as emergency back up in case of an injury crisis.

The players who should leave

De Gea
Henderson
Telles
Maguire
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Williams
Fred
Mctominay
VDB
Martial
Elanga
Weghorst
Sabitzer

That would mean we need summer signings of goalkeeper, centre back, 2 midfielders, and 2 strikers. If you can be shrewd with some signings and not go for huge money options every single time you sign a player, I think it's plausible. We don't know how to scout or negotiate though so we'll end up stuck with an incomplete squad or having to keep players who aren't good enough to make up the numbers.

Personally I think we should also be looking at how much we could get if we sold one of AWB/Dalot and how much our ideal replacement would cost, and if you could fund the purchase of a new right back with the sale of one of the current RB's we should go for it. But I don't think it's the end of the world if we put this off till next summer.

Last edited:

Banana Republic

Why are people including Weghorst and Sabitzer?
They’re not our players.
They we’re only on short term loans, which are now ending and they are automatically leaving to go back to their own clubs.

RedIan

If players are leaving sell them, only loans should be youngsters for development.
someone suggested loaning Sancho out, a 70mil player. No way. Sell recoup £50mil reinvest.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I think the people who think real life football is like Ultimate Team are gonna be very disappointed this summer.

I also think it's odd that people seemingly want half of the squad sold. A few clubs have shown the downsides this season of making huge amounts of changes to a squad in a short space of time.

Devil You Know

Fred, DDG and Martial. All 3 are Match of the Day players who give you a couple of spectacular moments per game and therefore have weirdly obsessive fanclubs that overrate them massively because they don't appreciate that football is played over 90 minutes. This gives United the problem that between those moments, they're massively detrimental to our overall play. And because they can't even claim to be steady eddies when they're having an off-day, they're useless as squad players unlike some of other names mentioned in this thread. Don't even get me started on their wages!

Greenwood and VdB need to leave as well, because neither can realistically contribute anything on the pitch and haven't done so for at least 18 months each.

Maguire is another obvious one, but for the different reason that his relationship with the club is completely broken with no way back. Sancho is one I think should be 80% to leave, but he's not been at United long enough to warrant 100% yet. I wouldn't complain if he goes, though.

Paddymcc

For me its a long list:

De Gea, Henderson

Bailly, Maguire, Williams, Telles, Tuanzebe

Donny, McTomminay

Martial, Elanga

Would also be nice to somehow come up with £100m in transfer fees for the above

eire-red

For Definite:

Maguire
Elanga
Van de Beek
Telles
Bailly
Henderson
One of Fred or McTominay
Williams

Would sell Martial if we can sign a striker.

Yorke to Cole

Maguire
Weghorse
Martial (could have been a great)
McTominay
Greenwood.
Antony if rumours are true. Love him as a player, think he’s been underrated for what he offers over 90 minutes especially in the latter part of the season and will only get better. But yeah rather have weghorse on the wing if it’s true.
"If", therefore you can't be 100% you would like him to leave?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
De Gea
McTominay
Maguire

Those are the three first team players whose sale/release would give me further belief that we are moving the right way. All three are spectacularly unsuited to the type of style that we are hopefully transitioning to, while also not actually having any strengths that allow them to provide tactical options. I'm sure I'll get the 'elite shot-stopping' squad disagreeing about De Gea, but he simply isn't anymore.

Obviously then there are also the players in the squad who don't really make the line-ups at all.

Elanga
VDB
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Telles
Williams

There are numerous other players who I wouldn't be upset to see leaving, but the above are the ones I actively want out. I also don't want Sabitzer or Wout kept.

Pughnichi

The list of players I’d want to keep would be a lot quicker. There’s very few players in this squad I’d be sad to see leave. Martinez, Shaw, Varane, Bruno, Eriksen, Garnacho & Rashford are probably the only ones. The rest I wouldn’t lose any sleep over.

The ones I actively want to see the back of would be De Gea, Maguire, Sancho, Martial, Antony, Weghorst. Then you’ve got the likes of Jones, Williams, Henderson, Bailly, Telles, Van der Beek who all basically don’t even resister in my mind as United players anymore. Then there’s the squad filler like Lindelof, Fred, McTominay etc All of whom I’d happily sell for the right price.

Basically the squad is full of absolute dross.
this… although I’m still clinging to hope more than anything now that Sancho can turn it around

jem

De Gea, Maguire, McTominay, Fred, Sancho, Martial, and Greenwood.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
How many United 'failures' have gone on to do well in other clubs? I find it worrying that so many big names come to us and disappoint. Is it too big for them or do they think they're too big for us, or what?

Lee565

I would be happy if it was just de gea, it will make a big difference with a modern sweeper keeper that dominates his area, even Maguire would be improved with such a change behind him

led_scholes

How many United 'failures' have gone on to do well in other clubs? I find it worrying that so many big names come to us and disappoint. Is it too big for them or do they think they're too big for us, or what?
There are players like tells and Damian who were/are genuinely good players, just didn't fit in the PL. Similar with VDB. However, others failed to their next clubs.

newgiz

Right then here goes
  • De Gea (I am sorry about this, but its time to move on)
  • Henderson
  • Jones (done but anyway)
  • Bailly
  • Maguire
  • Telles
  • Brandon Williams
  • Tuanzebe
  • One of McTominay or Fred
  • Elanga
  • Martial

And I am hoping we are able to at least make 100m in sales. And I don't even want to list Wout Weghorst or Sabitzer, because that's stating the obvious.

Last edited:

Huddsred

De Gea (Thank you for your service but past his best)
Fred (Same)
Martial (Same, shame he never forfilled his obvious talent but he's had more than enough chances)
Elana (Not good enough)
Maguire (Same)
Telles (Same)
Henderson (Same, also publicly slagged off the club so feck off)
Jones & Bailly (Been stealing a living for years)
Van den Beek & Tuanzebe (Who? Clearly not good enough and not part of our plans going forward)
Greenwood (Shame, but if he wants to restart his career he's going to have to do so elsewhere)
Weghorst & Sabitzer (Loan players but clearly not up to scratch anyway)

We had a bit of a clear out last summer, but there's still an unbelievable amount of deadwood lying around the club.

TheLord

The priority should be Sancho when the world still believes he's quality. At least, we can demand a reasonable fee for him; by the end of next season, teams may not even accept him for free!
Maguire, Martial, Donny, and Henderson won't fetch any money, so I'm least bothered.
And then there are Elanga, Bailly and Telles. The list is long, but the priority is Sancho for 40-odd million!

Red00012

“ Ok I’ll stay at my current club where I’m earning a lot more “

norm87cro

Victor Lindelof: 100%

Maguire and Fred: 95 %

Loan deal or leave: McTominay probably leave

Sadly but a must as well DDG

croadyman

I would be happy if it was just de gea, it will make a big difference with a modern sweeper keeper that dominates his area, even Maguire would be improved with such a change behind him
Yeah we have to move with the times on this,only need to look at the likes of Onana against City to see that's the right way forward

croadyman

The priority should be Sancho when the world still believes he's quality. At least, we can demand a reasonable fee for him; by the end of next season, teams may not even accept him for free!
Maguire, Martial, Donny, and Henderson won't fetch any money, so I'm least bothered.
And then there are Elanga, Bailly and Telles. The list is long, but the priority is Sancho for 40-odd million!
Yeah could get some decent money