Oscar.
Jonathan de Guzman
Chico Flores
Michel Vorm
Yaya Sanogo
Zeki Fryers

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Just been reminded of the existence of Mateja Kezman. Signed for newly minted Chelsea in 2004 with much hype after bagging 105 league goals in 122 league appearences for PSV, having previously bagged 33 in 54 for Partizan.

He was shit for Chelsea and was sold after just one season, with his career then taking him around Europe, to Atletico Madrid, Fenerbahce, PSG, and Zenit St Petersburg with varying degrees of success, then ended up in Hong Kong with South China to end his career, with a brief stint as cover at BATE in Belarus in the middle. Currently Sergej Milinkovic-Savic's agent apparently.

Red Star One

Remember Croatian-Brazilian Eduardo from Arsenal? Back in the day absolutely class player with huge potential, such an unfortunate story with this dreadful injury. Now he's with Legia Warsaw, although not playing much. When they signed him I was quite surprised he hasn't retired yet, 35 years old now. Could've been one of the best strikers in the world I believe.

JSArsenal

Florent Malouda.

He seemed to be doing alright at Chelsea then just dropped off the face of the earth.

EDIT:

I think he was even Chelsea's top scorer for a season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Florent Malouda.

He seemed to be doing alright at Chelsea then just dropped off the face of the earth
Was absolutely brilliant for a period at Chelsea. He has recently signed for a club in the Luxembourg league.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Florent Malouda.

He seemed to be doing alright at Chelsea then just dropped off the face of the earth.

EDIT:

I think he was even Chelsea's top scorer for a season.
He was all set for Liverpool but Chelsea jumped in at the last moment. Always thought he would have done the business at Liverpool

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
Steed Malbranque. Regular PL player and apparently still going in the French lower divisions. Unique name too

beergod

I forgot Jack Rodwell existed until I saw his name pop up today in the transfer tweet thread.

John Blund

Martial. Brilliant youngster, we bought from Monaco 3 years ago for £50-£55m. He'll probably do like Zaha if we sell him, so we better just keep him no the bench.

Strats

Is Carlton Cole still playing?

Edit: Never mind. Came across an article stating that he's filed for bankrupcy

Chipper

Adulterer.
Tomas Repka - been jailed for posting ads advertising his ex-wife as a prostitute.

Nico87

Who was that West Ham player they bought for sinficant money in the 90's who turned out to be awful?, there was a myth that after getting subbed in a game for being crap, he went AWOL and was discovered months later living as a gypsy on a caravan site.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Who was that West Ham player they bought for sinficant money in the 90's who turned out to be awful?, there was a myth that after getting subbed in a game for being crap, he went AWOL and was discovered months later living as a gypsy on a caravan site.
Marco Boogers. Got sent off a couple of minutes after coming on at Old Trafford in his second appearance although the caravan thing is apparently a myth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Boogers
Caravan myth
During his convalescence in the Netherlands, The Sun newspaper ran an article claiming Boogers was depressed and had been found on a mobile home site in the Netherlands. Bill Prosser, who worked as West Ham United's PA and travel arranger at the time, disputed this claim, explaining to The Guardian's "The Fiver":

Marco was depressed after being sent off in his second appearance for West Ham at Old Trafford and disappeared for a few days. West Ham's Clubcall reporter phoned me and said he was trying to find Boogers for an interview but could not reach him. He asked if I had booked any flights for him. I told him I hadn't, but added: 'If he has gone back to Holland, he's probably gone by car again'. The reporter misheard me and stated on Clubcall that I had said 'If he's gone back to Holland, he's probably gone to his caravan'. As you know, journalists often listen to Clubcall. Which explains why, the following day, the back page headline in the Sun was: 'Barmy Boogers Living in a Caravan'. The legend endures and Marco Boogers never played for West Ham again. I feel a bit responsible for his misfortune".

Chipper

Adulterer.
Spent the last few minutes reading up on another interesting Marco that came to mind after mentioning Boogers - Marco Negri, scored 30 goals by Christmas after signing for Rangers then got injured. Lack of motivation/rumoured depression/in a recentish interview claiming he feared he had AIDS he hardly played again for anyone.

He could have been their Henrik Larsson equivalent.

Nico87

Marco Boogers. Got sent off a couple of minutes after coming on at Old Trafford in his second appearance although the caravan thing is apparently a myth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Boogers
That's the one, cheers it's been doing my head in. I remember having loads of pro-match cards with him on, but couldn't remember the name. I love it when rumours like this but become the defining legacy of a man despite being completely made up, I suspect sadly in 10 years time when people ask does anyone remember Bobby Madley he's going to be remembered for something completely humiliating that never happened. A bit like the guy from soft-cell.

JSArsenal

Denilson that played for arsenal, just seemed to disappear completely. Anyone idea where he ended up?
An Abu-Dhabi club, Al-Whadi.

Looking at Wikipedia, he hasn't played much for them. He hasn't played much football at all since he left. He's gone back and forth between Brazil and Abu-Dhabi since leaving us.

Castia

Shaun Wright Philips plays for Phoenix Rising F.C. in the US second tier.

Was a good player at City and earned a big money move to Chelsea but his career completely fizzled out into nothing it seems. 36 England caps 6 goals too.

St Red

KRAP
Had completely forgotten about Paul Pogba until I saw him playing for Brighton recently.
I'm sure the stats had him as their most accurate passer.

pascell

An Abu-Dhabi club, Al-Whadi.

Looking at Wikipedia, he hasn't played much for them. He hasn't played much football at all since he left. He's gone back and forth between Brazil and Abu-Dhabi since leaving us.
Ah cheers, always thought he was highly rated as a youngster.

Shaun Wright Philips plays for Phoenix Rising F.C. in the US second tier.

Was a good player at City and earned a big money move to Chelsea but his career completely fizzled out into nothing it seems. 36 England caps 6 goals too.
His brother was earning double what he was in the MLS.

Brinky

Jese rodriguez.

Is he still at PSG?
Yes but is not part of Tuchels plans and has been training alone. Reports suggest he will be on the move to new La Liga side SD Huesca by the end of the transfer window.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
What about Kevin Strootman?
He is one of the best midfielders of Serie A in the last two seasons. Yes, he had a very long term injury who just kept coming back, but seems to be OK now.

15/16 Knee-OP (reincident) 31/08/2015. 157 days to recover. Missed 28 games.
15/16 Knee-OP (reincident) 29/08/2015. 263 days to recover. Missed 33 games.
14/15 Cruciate ligament injury 10/03/2014. 255 days to recover. Missed 29 games.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Denilson that played for arsenal, just seemed to disappear completely. Anyone idea where he ended up?
He went back to play for Sao Paulo. Then went to play in U.A.E.

Nothing since 2016 though. Only 30 years old.

Ryan7

Not sure if already mentioned but, Phillipe Senderos. He plays for Houston Dynamo's in the MLS. I expected him to be about 40, but he's only 33. :eek:

Josep Dowling

What classical Mechanic said. Generally, he was highly rated by those who didn't watch youth/reserve games, mainly because of his exotic name and heritage. In actual fact, he was bang average, could only pass the ball sideways and was no better than the likes of Matty James.

People point to that injury as to why he didn't make it, when in actual fact, he just wasn't that good to begin with.
I had to Wikipedia him just to see what happened to his career. Turns out that injury kept him out for just over a month, people make out like he was out for 12 months.

Since then he hasn’t made double figure appearances for any of the clubs he’s played for, sometimes playing no games at all. He even got released from a Vietnamese club for not impressing this season. Clearly wasn’t as good as many people like to make out.