Gaming PlayStation 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My controller and dock are arriving on the 12th but obviously the console on the 19th. So that’s fun.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Imagine you and your homies out for a walk to the shops to get a burger, you turn the street corner and there stands your rival gang in their green X box tracksuit :mad: feck those boxboys! Forget the bloods and crips, this is a real gang war.

Bosws87

Is there any point of transferring data other then if you have a load of games you wanna transfer over without having to download again?

saved games are on the cloud so i can just skip that step if i have no desire to bring any games over.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is there any point of transferring data other then if you have a load of games you wanna transfer over without having to download again?

saved games are on the cloud so i can just skip that step if i have no desire to bring any games over.
Nah, I'll be doing the same as you.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Do we know if the PS3 ports on PS4 will work on PS5 too? GTA 3, VC and SA for example

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is there any point getting 1 yet anyway? with the memory available that's enough for like 5/6 games at one time right?

With the speed up in install times in theory it'll be easy to just have them in your library and delete whatever you don't play, then reinstall them when you want to?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is there any point getting 1 yet anyway? with the memory available that's enough for like 5/6 games at one time right?

With the speed up in install times in theory it'll be easy to just have them in your library and delete whatever you don't play, then reinstall them when you want to?
This is what I did with my PS4 tbh. Especially single player games. I rarely go back when completed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is what I did with my PS4 tbh. Especially single player games. I rarely go back when completed.
Same here, I usually trade games back in once i'm done with them that don't have any decent multiplayer presence. Usually end up getting like £15/20 back on them if you do it early enough, after 2/3 trade in that's a free one.

Usually by the point you might actually want to play them again they're available for a much discounted price anyway.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Metro review is up for Spiderman and PS5.

Edit : Deleted now. Gave 8/10 for Spiderman Miles Morales.

Bojan11

One of the biggest next generation mysteries is finally solved. Join Rich Leadbetter and John Linneman for a deep dive into PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility - a detailed look at some of the most challenging PS4 and Pro titles and how they run on PS5. Oh... and Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima running at 60fps? It's happening and it's in here.

Bojan11

If you were hoping to be able to use a large external hard drive as “cold storage” for PS5 games — i.e., clearing space on the internal SSD by moving installed games to a USB HDD, rather than deleting them and having to re-download them later — that’s unfortunately not an option. (This is presumably because Sony doesn’t want to confuse people who might expect that if they could move a PS5 game to an external drive, they’d also be able to play it off of that drive.) In fact, the PS5 doesn’t even let you copy PS5 save files to a USB drive; the only backup option is cloud storage, which is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
Disappointing.

Bojan11

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ps5-only-has-667-gb-of-space-free-for-games

As I noted in our review of the PS5, due to the unique architecture of the solid-state drive in the system, it starts with 825 GB of space. Bht with the operating system also taking up a certain amount of that space, that number drops to 667 GB. Actually, slightly smaller than that, as Astro's Playroom comes installed on every PS5, taking up around 12 GB. So that leaves 646 GB for Demon's Souls, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and all the rest of this fall's biggest games.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Pretty much as expected - great console, DualSense is surprisingly brilliant and the UI design is well received. Held back by it's relatively small SSD however, though I don't think this will really be an issue for most people unless you're somebody who likes all of your games installed on your console.