Gaming PlayStation 5

Irwin99

Will give DeathLoop a go but where the feck is Dino Crisis? That one's been rumored for months and the main character briefly appeared on a Sony marketing campaign for PS Premium.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It was - was good fun that!

I haven't picked it up yet –have too many games and too little time!!
Yeah I think I'm waiting for it to go on a good sale at some point, I'm in the same boat, got a lot of games to complete.

Got near the end of both GOW and Forbidden west but don't want them to end to haven't dared to finish them :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
If anybody's interested I've calculated that the PS5 (and Xbox Series X) costs around 10-13p an hour to run at current energy rates.

A 50 hour game would therefore would cost around £5 to play.

Standby mode is about 5p an hour.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
xbox and 343 have killed halo so im coming back to playstation

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
How the hell did 343 manage to fumble the ball so hard? Just seen the "update".

Guess ultimately Xbox won't care that much as soon they'll own CoD.
To be honest their other games are hot trash, so it wasn't a TOTAL surprise. Still, there was some hope this time given the gameplay was really solid and the campaign not too over-the-top. I'm done now though - no split-screen is embarrassing, and the sheer lack of features makes it simply a storage hog at this point.

The butchered the MCC but it's a vastly better experience to infinite.

Balljy

It seems like an excellent remake/remaster with stellar visuals, animations and audio design and a wealth of accessibility and customization settings. Unfortunately, Sony have pretty much doomed its public reception with that ridiculous price point.
Even at €39.99 I would've waited for a sale, but at least that would've been palatable. €79.99 is just farcical. Can't fault the people at Naughty Dog for that though, this is all on Sony and that twat Jim Ryan.
The price is a bit ridiculous and I've no idea how they can justify it with no fundamental changes to the game to make it utilise the PS5 a bit more (like making it more open).

I get it being full price for people who are buying it for the first time, but they could have had an option at a reduction if the non PS+ version had been played on your account before June or something. The fact that the remastered version is on PS+ makes it a bit weirder anyway.

caid

Theres no price or level of change that would make me care about the Last of Us again. The original PS3 version is still perfectly fine graphics wise, loading times were a bit slow but nothing a SSD wouldn't solve. Theres just no way it would hold my attention again anytime in the next 5 or so years.
Should have spent the money and development time on something, anything new

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Theres no price or level of change that would make me care about the Last of Us again. The original PS3 version is still perfectly fine graphics wise, loading times were a bit slow but nothing a SSD wouldn't solve. Theres just no way it would hold my attention again anytime in the next 5 or so years.
Should have spent the money and development time on something, anything new
Wasn't there some chat recently that Sony have been putting more games on PC because it generates extra revenue? I suspect that's a big reason behind the remake's existence

There's far less incentive for anybody who already played it on PS3 or PS4

Last edited:

caid

Wasn't there chat recently that Sony have been putting more games on PC because it generates extra revenue? I suspect that's a big reason behind the remake's existence

There's much less incentive for anybody who's already played it on PS3 or PS4
Thats plausible. I dont know why you wouldn't just port the ps4 version though? No harm giving it a lick of paint at that point i suppose
Just kind of feel the PS5 is quite lacking in new games to date, wish their focus was there rather than recycling the same crap over and over.

Balljy

I was thinking that the game might be running on the new Naughty Dog PS5 engine behind the scenes (hence the new lighting etc), and is a bit of a test product. That way they can get the engine out there and tested, plus make a bit of money while they carry on working on the new games using that engine. Rockstar did that with that table tennis game years ago.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Reached the credits on Yakuza 0 after 80 hours - really enjoyed it. Not going to be able to platinum it as I just lack the coordination for the disco minigames but will do what I can before moving on to the next game.

Minkaro

Had Nier Automata on my desktop for ages. Properly buried in it now. What a great game. Great feel to it. Great soundtrack too.
It's amazing. One of my favourite stories in gaming. I had a screenshot from a carnival area as my background image for ages as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Had Nier Automata on my desktop for ages. Properly buried in it now. What a great game. Great feel to it. Great soundtrack too.
Incredible game. In my top 3 of this past generation. Probably in my top 10 of all time.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Still haven't played Nier Automata. I wanted to, but I watched a few videos on it, and there seemed to be a lot of running around in vast, empty spaces. The environment (granted, I didn't see much) looked a bit bland.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It's amazing. One of my favourite stories in gaming. I had a screenshot from a carnival area as my background image for ages as well.
One of the best games ever IMO. I'm not sure how far you are but trust me it gets better.
Incredible game. In my top 3 of this past generation. Probably in my top 10 of all time.
+1 for Nier love
Been meaning to get cracking properly with it since the best videogame polls. I saw nier automata popping up all over the shop, I think some of you guys had it higher up if I remember correctly. Got its hook into me now. Loving it. Fantastic soundtrack.

Volumiza

Still haven't played Nier Automata. I wanted to, but I watched a few videos on it, and there seemed to be a lot of running around in vast, empty spaces. The environment (granted, I didn't see much) looked a bit bland.
I felt the same. I don’t now. The game often needs space.

Fetshu

Made the switch to PS from Xbox at the start of the year, when PS 5 had been out for a few months. The switch came down purely due to the exclusives that PS has and so far, don't regret it one bit. Was a fun couple of months with the backlog consisting of PS exclusives like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon, Last of Us etc.

Been meaning to pick up Horizon Forbidden West, after completing my platinum run with the first one. Seems the sequel is quite similar to the first one, yet improved in every possible aspect?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Made the switch to PS from Xbox at the start of the year, when PS 5 had been out for a few months. The switch came down purely due to the exclusives that PS has and so far, don't regret it one bit. Was a fun couple of months with the backlog consisting of PS exclusives like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon, Last of Us etc.

Been meaning to pick up Horizon Forbidden West, after completing my platinum run with the first one. Seems the sequel is quite similar to the first one, yet improved in every possible aspect?
If you ain’t ever played uncharted, you’re in for a huge treat!

GOAT level game series.

amolbhatia50k

This is a gentle reminder that the impending release of Outer Wilds (with DLC which is bloody amazing too) next gen version is relasing on September 15th. For those who haven't played one of the greatest games of all time, this is the right time!

Ted Lasso

Had a chance to finish Miles Morales this long weekend. When I first got the PS5 I played Spiderman Remastered and absolutely loved it. Figured I'd save MM for a while later since the gameplay was similar. Happy with that because it was quite refreshing with the big gap. They've really done the Spiderman universe proud with these two games

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's intentional, Automata is a beautiful and really great game.

amolbhatia50k

Hope Neir Automata comes to PS Plus one day. Would love to replay it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finally started Yakuza: Like a dragon. I love how silly and also serious it is (Like all Yakuza games). So far prefer the brawling of the regular games over the turn based stuff though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What are good in person co-op games that i can get on PS Plus (I have the full version)? My mate is coming over this weekend and would like to play a decent co-op.

Leg-End

Finally started Yakuza: Like a dragon. I love how silly and also serious it is (Like all Yakuza games). So far prefer the brawling of the regular games over the turn based stuff though.
Turn based gets better the more you progress, I assume you haven't unlocked job roles yet.

amolbhatia50k

Think it'll be the same with me.

Volumiza

What are good in person co-op games that i can get on PS Plus (I have the full version)? My mate is coming over this weekend and would like to play a decent co-op.
A way out is brill. Local coop and really good story. Not the most frantic experience but me and my mate loved it, very unique game that requires teamwork.

Diablo III is also really good local coop if you've not played that.

Reactions: SilentWitness

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Turn based gets better the more you progress, I assume you haven't unlocked job roles yet.
I haven't indeed. I generally love JRPG combat, but somehow the silly over the top brawling just fits this game a bit more. It might grow on me though.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm the opposite. Turned the combat down to easy in Zero because it was ruining my enjoyment - I'd rather steamroll it and enjoy the story (which is the main appeal of the series really).

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm the opposite. Turned the combat down to easy in Zero because it was ruining my enjoyment - I'd rather steamroll it and enjoy the story (which is the main appeal of the series really).
I had it on easy from the start with there being eight games to go through more than anything (didn't stop me from doing 90h) but agree about the story being the main appeal.

I enjoyed the combat but overused the golden gun in the last six chapters. Turn based games are usually more of my jam but I 'fear' the change will feel jarring in Yakuza when I eventually get to LaD

amolbhatia50k

I haven't indeed. I generally love JRPG combat, but somehow the silly over the top brawling just fits this game a bit more. It might grow on me though.
I've never liked turn based combat. Which makes me skeptical over how much I'll enjoy Like a Dragon