Gaming PlayStation 5

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
I remember playing Yazuka 0 a few years ago on PC.

I would rank it as one of my top 5 games of all time. Sure the combat isn't great and you can't compare to a technical masterpiece like GTA, however this was one of the rare games where the main story really sucked me in.

Would make a fantastic movie adaptation if done right.

EDIT:
Also this scene and music is an absolute banger. Kuze easily the best character in the game.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
oh, sorry, I thought it was you that was always complaining about GOW, was just messing :)

Enjoy the state of play!
You're probably thinking of one of these mentalists

Am I mad for saying I dont like god of war?

I've tried numerous times to play it but I just get bored.
God of Wars story wasn't even that good. The relationship and characters of Kratos and Atreus was very good. Everything else was shallow, tropey video game story 101.
I'm in the minority but:

HZD > God of War
God of War sucked

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It Takes Two is a brilliant platformer. A Way Out mentioned earlier is by the same guys. There's also Overcooked and Moving Out, both games are basically incredibly fecking hectic. There's also the Borderlands games if you wanted something more shooty.
Doesn't this require a real life gamer friend to play? I bought it, but couldn't get started because I had no one to join in.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Haven't played anything really for a couple of weeks. Just haven't been in the mood, and there are no games out there that have grabbed my attention.

But last night I did go back to Frostpunk. It really is an incredible game for those who haven't played it. It's a real-time survival strategy game, so for anyone who likes those types of games I'd highly recommend it. It does require a lot from the player, as you're constantly juggling different things, and no matter how well you're doing, there will always be something wrong that you need to fix. So it can get stressful at times.

But when you're in the zone, the time just melts away. The only downside to the game is that it's difficult to come back to. So saving the game and coming back to it the next day can be a pain in the arse, because you can forget all the things that you need to take care of sometimes. But that's a minor quibble.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Doesn't this require a real life gamer friend to play? I bought it, but couldn't get started because I had no one to join in.
You can play it online with a fake friend. It's brilliant.
Just don't agree it's one of the best games ever etc, still a super fun game to play!
@Niall @Damien

Please, this cannot be allowed here. , this is not right mods. I know this poster has a longstanding history here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
GOW is great but I prefer Horizon aswell as someone else mentioned. Just more my style of game I guess.

I hated that part of GOW where you lower the sea level at first, could I shit figure out where I was.

Not sure if it's because I'm getting older or because games are bigger, or just the way they're designed, but I find it much harder to remember places now, always need to use the maps. I could remember GTA: SA no problem when I was a kid.

One of those tree house things in forbidden west done my tits in, always went the wrong way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No idea how someone can prefer Horizon over GOW. Both games have a sense of repetitiveness but I found the dialogue in Horizon so bad. The combat in GOW feels so rewarding too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
No idea how someone can prefer Horizon over GOW. Both games have a sense of repetitiveness but I found the dialogue in Horizon so bad. The combat in GOW feels so rewarding too.
Exactly. I also found Aloy the single most annoying game lead ever. That breathy, emotional and treacly voice put me off the game completely. I wanted the robots to win.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Storyline is about the same in both tbh, the dialogue is horizon is dogshit though, overall plot is decent. I prefer more open world exploring and having options how to take enemies down, GOW felt pretty linear compared to horizon in that respect.

Just depends what you want out of a game.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Exactly. I also found Aloy the single most annoying game lead ever. That breathy, emotional and treacly voice put me off the game completely. I wanted the robots to win.
She never shuts the feck up tbh, constantly talking to herself and giving you clues after you have been in the area 2.4 seconds

Volumiza

giving you clues after you have been in the area 2.4 seconds
This ... HZD isn't the only game to commit this crime but yeah, I remember being irritated by this way too early in the game.

I've started it again 3 - 4 times and come to the same conclusion each time. Don't like it. Shame, because it looks pretty and the premise is good.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This ... HZD isn't the only game to commit this crime but yeah, I remember being irritated by this way too early in the game.

I've started it again 3 - 4 times and come to the same conclusion each time. Don't like it. Shame, because it looks pretty and the premise is good.
Zero Dawn or Forbidden West?

I don't remember ZD being that bad at all, and I loved that game.

It was awful in FW though, she was a wreck the head. Didn't help that the game itself wasn't very good at all.

Volumiza

Zero Dawn or Forbidden West?

I don't remember ZD being that bad at all, and I loved that game.

It was awful in FW though, she was a wreck the head. Didn't help that the game itself wasn't very good at all.
Zero Dawn, one of those games I really wanted to like but just couldn't, not even going to bother with FW unless it comes as a free in the furutre. Not sure the main character has ever put me off a game before like she did. Nowt to do with being a woman at all (Tomb Raider, UC5, Nier Automata, TLOU2 ... love them all), just her, the character annoyed me too much to want to spend that time moving her about and listening to her wistful, emo-hippy, nonsense :)

caid

I didn't like the story, acting, dialogue or characters of Horizon. It was a fun premise and had interesting weapons and enemies. Ropecaster and Trip Wires were neat.
Could you turn down how often she talks? Or maybe they patched it? Dont remember it really.
God of War ... bleh. It was good across the board. I liked what they did with Kratos and i didn't hate Atreus. The rest of the cast and wider story was a bit rubbish and weak and reminded me more of the older games - pulpy, silly nonsense. The combat was throwing axe endlessly and dodge the unblockable attack that takes off 2/3rds of your health. Bosses weren't there. Traversal was a chore. Trudging isn't a movement speed thats easy to sell.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I didn't like the story, acting, dialogue or characters of Horizon. It was a fun premise and had interesting weapons and enemies. Ropecaster and Trip Wires were neat.
Could you turn down how often she talks? Or maybe they patched it? Dont remember it really.
God of War ... bleh. It was good across the board. I liked what they did with Kratos and i didn't hate Atreus. The rest of the cast and wider story was a bit rubbish and weak and reminded me more of the older games - pulpy, silly nonsense. The combat was throwing axe endlessly and dodge the unblockable attack that takes off 2/3rds of your health. Bosses weren't there. Traversal was a chore. Trudging isn't a movement speed thats easy to sell.
Think they patched Aloy so she didn't talk so much in the end.

Yeah I felt god of war combat was massively repetitive. Fun enough, but got pretty samey after a while.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
GOW is great but I prefer Horizon aswell as someone else mentioned. Just more my style of game I guess.

I hated that part of GOW where you lower the sea level at first, could I shit figure out where I was.

Not sure if it's because I'm getting older or because games are bigger, or just the way they're designed, but I find it much harder to remember places now, always need to use the maps. I could remember GTA: SA no problem when I was a kid.

One of those tree house things in forbidden west done my tits in, always went the wrong way.
GoW anyday over Horizon for me. I like the latter but I don't think it achieves the excellence that GoW does in so many areas. The gap in quality of writing itself is huge. I understand that it's not for you based on this bolded though. That's what many of us loved about GoW though. It had a bigger sense of immersion and intrigue due to the way the world was built as opposed to Horizons more basic / simplistic / gigantic but less memorable one.

Irwin99

Wonder if there will be anything big announced at State of Play? The last one was pretty meh if i remember correctly.

caid

Think they patched Aloy so she didn't talk so much in the end.

Yeah I felt god of war combat was massively repetitive. Fun enough, but got pretty samey after a while.
Lack of enemy variety hurt it too, yeah. Or most of them being cannon fodder, faceless, zombie enemies was another weakness.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Lack of enemy variety hurt it too, yeah. Or most of them being cannon fodder, faceless, zombie enemies was another weakness.
Those enemies reminded me of Conan the barbarian or whatever it was for the PS3 when that first came out :lol:

Irwin99

She never shuts the feck up tbh, constantly talking to herself and giving you clues after you have been in the area 2.4 seconds
Exactly my thoughts :lol:. Gameplay was more of the same from the first game and that's fine because it's a lot of fun for me but the characters and dialogue were a real drag.It was approaching Vampyr levels of suffering: "...so...much...talking...i'm...losing... will to live"

RedDevilRoshi

Hope to see some gameplay of GOW in tonight State Of Play. Plus what’s the chances we get some gameplay or even a release date for Spider-Man?

Hoping their are 1-2 new announcements of games that are to be released that we don’t have a clue currently about for e.g. last year when they dropped Wolverine.