Gaming PlayStation Plus

Ainu

Delighted with Nioh 2, it's been on my wishlist for a while now. The other 2 look interesting enough as well. The Essential tier has been on a pretty good roll recently.

Siorac

A temporary blip or the sound of a lone candle flickering out into the darkness of night?

With soaring inflation and a genuine cost-of-living crisis in many countries, it's not exactly a shock that people drop these kinds of subscriptions. 'Luxury' stuff such as this always goes first when money's tight.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What is it?
GamePlatformTier AvailablePS Store Price
Nioh 2PS4, PS5Essential + Extra + Deluxe + Premium£32.99
Lego Harry Potter CollectionPS4Essential + Extra + Deluxe + Premium£34.99
Heavenly BodiesPS4, PS5Essential + Extra + Deluxe + Premium£16.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIXPS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£39.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter ProloguePS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£47.99
Kingdom Hearts IIIPS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£54.99
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of MemoryPS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£49.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special EditionPS4, PS5Extra + Deluxe + Premium£34.99
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six SiegePS4, PS5Extra + Deluxe + Premium??? can't find due to too many microtransaction shit
Oddworld: Soulstorm – Enhanced EditionPS4, PS5Extra + Deluxe + Premium£34.99
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2PS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£24.99
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon BreakpointPS4Extra + Deluxe + PremiumSame as Rainbow Six Siege
ChorusPS4, PS5Extra + Deluxe + Premium£34.99
What Remains of Edith FinchPS5Extra + Deluxe + Premium£15.99
The Gardens BetweenPS4, PS5Extra + Deluxe + Premium£15.99
Earth Defense Force: World BrothersPS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£32.99
Earth Defense Force: Iron RainPS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£49.99
Onee Chanbara OriginPS4Extra + Deluxe + Premium£39.99
Ratchet & ClankPS3Premium
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going CommandoPS3Premium
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalPS3Premium
Ratchet & Clank: DeadlockedPS3Premium
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of DestructionPS3Premium

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think I’ll actually give Mass Effect another whirl. Been so long it’ll feel like a new game and this time I won’t get Garrus killed.

Ainu

They've been on a roll with their monthly titles for a while now, at least for me. It's giving me backlog headaches though.

b82REZ

I've wanted to buy Mass Effect for ages. 2 is one of my favourite games ever.

I want to give 3 another chance after bouncing off it at launch and maybe 1 will be playable but I don't expect it to be that good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Come on. Are new games too much to ask for?

I'm not going back and playing remasters of the decade old games. After a great start PS plus is just finding 'new' bundles and remakes to give us. I think the monthly three games are better at this point that the extra/ premium stuff.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Seriously annoying. And by new I don't even mean new. Just not ancient.
Biomutent is quite new and the ME trilogy remaster isnt too old even though originals are

if you havent played the remasters I would recommend. They were superb

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Come on. Are new games too much to ask for?

I'm not going back and playing remasters of the decade old games. After a great start PS plus is just finding 'new' bundles and remakes to give us. I think the monthly three games are better at this point that the extra/ premium stuff.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is part of the monthly 3 games, no?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Really pleased for this months games. I'd been toying with the idea of buying ME as I never played the first one but loved the second. This is good news.

amolbhatia50k

Biomutent is quite new and the ME trilogy remaster isnt too old even though originals are

if you havent played the remasters I would recommend. They were superb
Biomutant shit though. I've played the original trilogy but it's not something I'd play again.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Never played Mass Effect. Is it any good? What type of game is it?

amolbhatia50k

But these games would fall under that category. Both about 12-18 months old.

PS+ has been really good the last few months IMO.
They're remasters! You can't consider them as recent titles

Volumiza

Never played Mass Effect. Is it any good? What type of game is it?
A fecking good one.

I joined the party at ME2 onwards and I still rank ME2 as one of my all time favourite games. Really looking forward to playing 1 for the first time ... and the rest again.

Reditus

Biomutant shit though. I've played the original trilogy but it's not something I'd play again.
Some people seem to like Biomutant. Ive not played it yet

I think you are just one of those hard to please types......I loved replaying ME trilogy

b82REZ

They're remasters! You can't consider them as recent titles
Of course you can. But only Mass Effect is a remaster; a remaster of one of the best, most beloved trilogies in the modern era. It was remastered about 18 months ago. It's not like you're getting the original versions from the 360/PS3.

Biomutant is a new title by your standards.

amolbhatia50k

Some people seem to like Biomutant. Ive not played it yet

I think you are just one of those hard to please types......I loved replaying ME trilogy
Correct. But just give hard to please people one good single player experience per month that isn't part of an old tired franchise, please.

Of course you can. But only Mass Effect is a remaster; a remaster of one of the best, most beloved trilogies in the modern era. It was remastered about 18 months ago. It's not like you're getting the original versions from the 360/PS3.

Biomutant is a new title by your standards.
Meh I find it a tad overrated. ME2 was very good but I'd never go back and play any of them. BTW are they remakes or remasters? I thought all three were remasters.

Ainu

Whatever your personal feelings on the Mass Effect trilogy are, it's still a very highly rated remaster collection that's less than 2 years old and would've been on a lot of people's lists. It's an excellent addition.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
A fecking good one.

I joined the party at ME2 onwards and I still rank ME2 as one of my all time favourite games. Really looking forward to playing 1 for the first time ... and the rest again.
1 is the best I think. It's more of a proper RPG and even though it's dated gameplay-wise, still feels more compelling plot-wise than either 2 or 3. As far as I remember, they designed it to be stand alone because they didn't know if they were going to get funding for subsequent games. 2 was really fun to play but not a lot happens in the story aside from at the end.

Volumiza

1 is the best I think. It's more of a proper RPG and even though it's dated gameplay-wise, still feels more compelling plot-wise than either 2 or 3. As far as I remember, they designed it to be stand alone because they didn't know if they were going to get funding for subsequent games. 2 was really fun to play but not a lot happens in the story aside from at the end.
I look forward to playing it dude. Not got much of GOW left and was planning on going back into Cyberpunk or The Witcher but I reckon a Christmas set in space trying to pull aliens and mining is just what the festive Dr ordered.

Not too bother about dated things as long as they're good dated things :) a bit like me!

amolbhatia50k

Tbf it's just the Essential line up. Will be interesting to see what we get for Extra / Premium.

Reditus

BTW are they remakes or remasters? I thought all three were remasters.
Remasters, but IMO one of the best remasters I have seen from any game in recent years. Does not feel like you are playing PS3 games