Gaming PlayStation Plus

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think pretty much everyone feels the same way about the game at some point. It just keeps getting easier. Grappling hook opens up access to a lot of extra items.
I lost grappling hook though. Progress didn't save. Have to beat 2nd boss again which I can't.

caid

I lost grappling hook though. Progress didn't save. Have to beat 2nd boss again which I can't.
I mean most people give up without beating him and i struggled with him too, so feel free to do the same, you've seen most of what the game has to offer it doesn't change fundamentally the more you play it.
My experience playing the game was being killed about 12 times by the first boss, 4 or 5 times by 2nd, beat 3rd on first go, 4th took a couple of attempts mostly because i went into the fight with a couple of malfunctions and a tiny sliver of health, died once on the fifth level and beat 6th level on first attempt (with mostly terrible rng for that last level).
The difficulty level is genuinely stupid and bad and deserves criticism but you'd have just moved on if the game itself wasn't pretty fun and strong.
Losing the grappling hook sucks, it opens up a lot of extra areas and makes a pretty big difference. I guess suspend your run before turning the game off to avoid save game shenanigans?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
A guy helped me beat the 2nd boss(he carried me). I got the grappling hook, I now I booted up the game and all that progress is lost. I rarely give up on games, but think I might with this one. genre is not really me, too much of a noob. I'm not going to beat the 2nd boss again.
I got carried to beat the second boss too :lol: sorry to hear you lost your grappling hook weird that happened!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah..... So I'm a Souls fan. I'm enjoying what I've played of Demons Souls so far.

Ted Lasso

Really need some advice from Returnal. Beat the 1st boss, made it to the 2nd boss but couldn't take him. Since then I've been unable to get a proper run going. Coop doesnt seem to make things easier.
Have you found the shortcut to the boss?

Ted Lasso

Yeah..... So I'm a Souls fan. I'm enjoying what I've played of Demons Souls so far.
Might be the novelty of it or the fact that it's uncorrupted by the effort to one-up each previous title - Demon Souls remake is one of my top ever games now and def above Elden Ring as an experience. It was also my first souls type game.

largelyworried

Might be the novelty of it or the fact that it's uncorrupted by the effort to one-up each previous title - Demon Souls remake is one of my top ever games now and def above Elden Ring as an experience. It was also my first souls type game.
Demons Souls is definitely the most experimental of the games and its cool the remake hasn't changed too much of the original approach. I wish they'd tweaked a few bits, but it was a good idea overall to stay true to the original. As the games have gone on they've ended up getting more and more anime over time, but I much prefer the grimdark approach of Demons to Elden Ring, cool as that game is. Also having bosses that aren't just about memorising 100s of different roll patterns is kind of nice.

Gehrman

Have you found the shortcut to the boss?
I think you mean the portal in the wastes on the stairs? Problem is I can't beat him. Genre is not really for me, it's too repetitive and hard. Although I'm out of games to play atm.

Ted Lasso

Wait there's a shortcut?
I think you mean the portal in the wastes on the stairs? Problem is I can't beat him. Genre is not really for me, it's too repetitive and hard. Although I'm out of games to play atm.
Yup the small portal before entering the big building. Not the main portal to the wastelands, just to be clear.

I'm curious to know what your strategy is going into the fight. Ixion was the hardest boss for me. Part of that was simply due to being on the learning curve still. I don't think you really get into stride til biome 3. I had to watch a couple boss guides to get past him and I don't think there's any shame in that!

From the boss prep standpoint I think it's so important to spend time leveling. I used to try and rush to the boss and that always failed. What became essential habit especially later in the game was to try and get my health meter up significantly and also to focus on getting extra lives. All but two bosses I needed an extra life. Towards the end of the game you'll actively be looking to do challenge rooms simply to level up. If you can beat the boss each time without that you're a better gamer than most

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Interesting to see quite a few folks who don't enjoy the rogue lite type games. And that's fair enough of course. I'm the complete other end of that. Once I discovered the rogue lite genre I just got absolutely hooked.

I've got about 700 hours in binding of isaac and hundreds more in games like dead cells, risk of rain 2, returnal etc. Not sure what it is but something about these types of games just hits the spot for me.

Was so elated when I beat returnal after finding it super hard for so long.

AaronRedDevil

Platinumed RE2 and I just finished Deliver us Moon. It was a good game, I enjoyed it. Hopefully the Mars game will be as good. Just bought Yakuza Like a Dragon. Dare I platinum it a 2nd time.

Gehrman

Interesting to see quite a few folks who don't enjoy the rogue lite type games. And that's fair enough of course. I'm the complete other end of that. Once I discovered the rogue lite genre I just got absolutely hooked.

I've got about 700 hours in binding of isaac and hundreds more in games like dead cells, risk of rain 2, returnal etc. Not sure what it is but something about these types of games just hits the spot for me.

Was so elated when I beat returnal after finding it super hard for so long.
For me I'm just not competitive enough for it. I play video games to relax although I love fromsoftware games. Hades was awesome but I needed to switch on easy mode to beat it and that was more fair than Returnal.

afrocentricity

Anyone who needs a carry drop me a message and we'll see if I can get them through a biome or two...
For me I'm just not competitive enough for it. I play video games to relax although I love fromsoftware games. Hades was awesome but I needed to switch on easy mode to beat it and that was more fair than Returnal.
Returnal is my unwind for a while game, has been since it launched. Once it clicks and you know what you can do, have some of the important unlocks (for example that grappling gun you missed out on is pretty much a warp out of danger button and makes a difference), and know what you're facing ... It's a wonderful thing. Perfectly fine if you can't be arsed waiting for it to click, that's me and The Witcher 3! I'm glad I've given Demon Souls another shot though.

Berbasbullet

Yup the small portal before entering the big building. Not the main portal to the wastelands, just to be clear.

I'm curious to know what your strategy is going into the fight. Ixion was the hardest boss for me. Part of that was simply due to being on the learning curve still. I don't think you really get into stride til biome 3. I had to watch a couple boss guides to get past him and I don't think there's any shame in that!

From the boss prep standpoint I think it's so important to spend time leveling. I used to try and rush to the boss and that always failed. What became essential habit especially later in the game was to try and get my health meter up significantly and also to focus on getting extra lives. All but two bosses I needed an extra life. Towards the end of the game you'll actively be looking to do challenge rooms simply to level up. If you can beat the boss each time without that you're a better gamer than most
I did not know there was a shortcut to beat the second :lol: god damn it, oh well done it now, finding the third boss impossible.

GaryLifo

I did not know there was a shortcut to beat the second :lol: god damn it, oh well done it now, finding the third boss impossible.
Biome 3 nearly killed the game for me. I walked away from the game for a month after days of failure on biome 3. Like most I actually nearly beat the 3rd boss on my first couple of attempts, then for days I couldn't even get back to him.

After a month off, I came back and eventually got good. One bit of advice I took was to treat some runs purely as ether gathering and weapon perk progressing runs. This took the pressure off of trying to beat the game. It also meant that when my ether was maxed and I had better perks on guns, I was more likely to succeed on the next run.

Ted Lasso

That's a great boss. The snot lobber gun became one of my favorites because it's the only one that I was able to do any real damage to him with since it has the continuous effect.

And you can open a shortcut to this boss as well. Hopefully you have enough advanced notice this time hah

Berbasbullet

That's a great boss. The snot lobber gun became one of my favorites because it's the only one that I was able to do any real damage to him with since it has the continuous effect.

And you can open a shortcut to this boss as well. Hopefully you have enough advanced notice this time hah
Haha how do I open a shortcut to him? Am i right in saying you need to shoot his heart?
Biome 3 nearly killed the game for me. I walked away from the game for a month after days of failure on biome 3. Like most I actually nearly beat the 3rd boss on my first couple of attempts, then for days I couldn't even get back to him.

After a month off, I came back and eventually got good. One bit of advice I took was to treat some runs purely as ether gathering and weapon perk progressing runs. This took the pressure off of trying to beat the game. It also meant that when my ether was maxed and I had better perks on guns, I was more likely to succeed on the next run.
Yeah this one is really tough, I've had 3 goes at the boss and everytime i brought in a randomer to help but they ended up being useless :lol:

GaryLifo

My least favourite runs were where I'd spend 40 minutes cleaning out biome 1 and most of biome 2 to get upgrades and health increases before taking the short cut to biome 3. Then the game would say.. not so fast and hit me with a room filled with 20 of those Satan spawn rocket drones who are the support act for two of those grappling hook twats and a side serving of turrets and floor crawling exploder bastards... game over man

Ted Lasso

Haha how do I open a shortcut to him? Am i right in saying you need to shoot his heart?
Soon after you enter Biome 3, you should be able to grapple to the opposite side/platform than usual. It'll take you straight to the bridge.

And yup, you gotta get his center. I'm telling ya, try the Rotland Lobber..it just melts him. I swear by it.

Berbasbullet

Soon after you enter Biome 3, you should be able to grapple to the opposite side/platform than usual. It'll take you straight to the bridge.

And yup, you gotta get his center. I'm telling ya, try the Rotland Lobber..it just melts him. I swear by it.
Thank you and I will! :D

GaryLifo

Rotgland lobber is great, though I killed boss 3 with the auto rifle which had the leeching rounds that heal you periodically

Leg-End

Amazing if Like a Dragon is included, I've completed it but will re-play it at some point.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Good games for once but I own Tony Hawk and Little Nightmares already.
Think I'm going to stop buying a lot of games now, most of the ones I'd pick up get released on things like this anyway so it will have to be a special game to make me pick it up on day one now.

Ainu

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Would be an uncharacteristically brilliant month. Any one of those would look pretty good in another month, but all three combined has to be the best line-up I can remember. No idea how reliable this source is for leaks though.
Incredibly. He's leaked them for months/years and always been right.

AaronRedDevil

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yakuza like a dragon...Well I'm pissed. I just finished the damn game. I expected it to be on ps plus sometime soon and my dumbass said feck it, I'll buy it while it's on sale right now. I'm never buying another game on sale again. Ever!
I don't blame you. With it being on Game Pass I thought that would have ruled it out of making it to PS+

afrocentricity

I can see it happening over here but too what extent? I don't know, the XBox people no longer buy games due to gamepass....

AaronRedDevil

I don't blame you. With it being on Game Pass I thought that would have ruled it out of making it to PS+
Yeah thats what got me. I only saw it on GP last week. Figured it be a while longer before it on ps plus. Dammit.
Now I'm just going to stare at Kena till its on ps Now

Last edited: