Gaming PlayStation Plus

Meller

Err so yeah quick question, if they remove games from the service are they not available to play anymore? Played Ghosts of Tsushima yesterday but can't start it today. Same with Death Stranding? If so that's a bit shit as I want to continue playing and had no idea it would be removed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Err so yeah quick question, if they remove games from the service are they not available to play anymore? Played Ghosts of Tsushima yesterday but can't start it today. Same with Death Stranding? If so that's a bit shit as I want to continue playing and had no idea it would be removed.
Ghosts of Tsushima is gone already? Jesus, they take them off as quick as they put them on.

Meller

Ghosts of Tsushima is gone already? Jesus, they take them off as quick as they put them on.
Yes I checked the games tab and it seems to be gone. I can still play it though after allowing offline games or something in the settings. Still annoying.

Ainu

Sony are inexplicably bad at informing players when games leave the sub. It's one of the reasons I haven't upgraded to Extra yet, I refuse to do so until they start improving their communication. I just don't see how it's acceptable.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I signed up for premium when it first came out as I didn’t pay much to upgrade for the rest of the year. Costs £100 for the full year. I don’t think I’m going to carry it on. Not really worth it for now.

AaronRedDevil

I signed up for premium when it first came out as I didn’t pay much to upgrade for the rest of the year. Costs £100 for the full year. I don’t think I’m going to carry it on. Not really worth it for now.
Hasn't been worth it at all for me. It's all games I've no interest in or have already played. How has Kena bridge of spirits or sifu not been added yet. Looked like a game that would have been in there.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Same. I'm not renewing when mine runs out. I've got too big of a back catalogue already and own most of the titles I want to be playing for the foreseeable future. It seemed a good idea at first but I have too say that beyond Wreckfest and a couple of others, I've barely used it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also going back down to Essential after upgrading my 12 month for cheap earlier in the year. There's nothing even close to being worth the actual cost of Premium.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think if I was playing it all the time it would possibly be worth it but when I'm rotating time between this, the switch (which I've been neglecting) and PC it's definitely not good enough currently.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait, they've taken both of them off? What on earth?

Ainu

Reading the last several posts, I don't really understand why people were even subscribing to Premium. The Extra tier I get the appeal of, but unless you're planning on replaying loads of PS1 and PS2 games, why would you pay the additional fee for Premium? Or are people just getting the tiers mixed up?

Meller

I can still play it. You lot sure you ain't dreaming?
I can play it after turning on offline play in the settings but the game is gone from the catalouge together with Death Stranding.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Reading the last several posts, I don't really understand why people were even subscribing to Premium. The Extra tier I get the appeal of, but unless you're planning on replaying loads of PS1 and PS2 games, why would you pay the additional fee for Premium? Or are people just getting the tiers mixed up?
To upgrade at the time for me it wasn't that much of an additional cost to pay for the full year and I wanted to try everything it had to offer.

Moby

Dick
Yep. Checked it a few times and it looked it had absolutely nothing of worth. Just trials and old games.

Meller

I have had it on for a few days so maybe that's why. Maybe you can't download it anymore but still play it?
Seems that way. Don't know what happens if it actually requires online stuff to play though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Same. I'm not renewing when mine runs out. I've got too big of a back catalogue already and own most of the titles I want to be playing for the foreseeable future. It seemed a good idea at first but I have too say that beyond Wreckfest and a couple of others, I've barely used it.
To be fair I don't think this service is for people who already have a big backlog of games they own. For me it's been fantastic although recent months have been poor.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
To be fair I don't think this service is for people who already have a big backlog of games they own. For me it's been fantastic although recent months have been poor.
No, I see that, I can see the value it holds and will probably renew when I've got through the games I've already got. I only took on the premium because it was on a good offer at the time.

amolbhatia50k

No, I see that, I can see the value it holds and will probably renew when I've got through the games I've already got. I only took on the premium because it was on a good offer at the time.
Premium is a bit shit. I've only played Mafia from it. Maybe I'll give the old Sly Cooper games a go at some point.

But otherwise I've already played shitloads from the extra collection so it's a fee well spent. But the first 6 months were always going to he good for me as I was running behind the gaming world. Main test is how well they update the library in the coming months and years

Meller

That's just the legends mode right? Never played it anyway.
Was thinking more about other games but I'm happy enough to just finish the story in GoT and move on. Weird that I didn't get a message/notice when I played yesterday.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Giving Mass Effect a second go. Been so long I barely remember anything.

All the male Shepard options look like ass. Restarted the game 3 times because it just looks off. Gone with a female shep instead.

TheReligion

Abusive
So for a PS5 newbie is it worth picking up a subscription?

I was nearly swung to getting an Xbox S with GP given the value and rave reviews people were giving but is Sony not catching up with this both now and with plans in the long term?

fergosaurus

I think so. You just missed 35% off on the black friday deals but maybe they'll have offers on over xmas/january if you can wait a bit. In total it worked out around £56 for extra with 35% off and using a £50 PSN gift card from shopto for £42.85. Shopto still have the gift cards discounted so even now you can get 12 months for £76.84 which is good value IMO.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If you have enough time on your hands, i would really reccomend PS extra

PS essential is 10$/month, where as PS extra is 15$/month but there are A LOT of good games there. Downloaded Spiderman 2018 there "for free" the other day, and holy feck is it good

TheReligion

Abusive
I think so. You just missed 35% off on the black friday deals but maybe they'll have offers on over xmas/january if you can wait a bit. In total it worked out around £56 for extra with 35% off and using a £50 PSN gift card from shopto for £42.85. Shopto still have the gift cards discounted so even now you can get 12 months for £76.84 which is good value IMO.
If you have enough time on your hands, i would really reccomend PS extra

PS essential is 10$/month, where as PS extra is 15$/month but there are A LOT of good games there. Downloaded Spiderman 2018 there "for free" the other day, and holy feck is it good
Thanks

What kind of games can you play/download for free and what other benefits does it give you?

I’ll definitely look at it in January

amolbhatia50k

I was nearly swung to getting an Xbox S with GP given the value and rave reviews people were giving but is Sony not catching up with this both now and with plans in the long term?
I think its definitely worth it. Less than 6 months in and I've played tons of games already. However I'd recommend going through the library once online to see how much it makes sense. Was a no brainer for me.

fergosaurus

Thanks

What kind of games can you play/download for free and what other benefits does it give you?

I’ll definitely look at it in January
Here's a list of the current games library. I just finished Miles Morales and am a few hours into Demon's Souls and would highly recommend both. Returnal is also supposed to be brilliant but I haven't gave it a proper go yet.

amolbhatia50k

Here's a list of the current games library. I just finished Miles Morales and am a few hours into Demon's Souls and would highly recommend both. Returnal is also supposed to be brilliant but I haven't gave it a proper go yet.
I'm also currently playing Demon Souls. It's been surprisingly easy for a souls game. But still a great experience.

fergosaurus

I'm also currently playing Demon Souls. It's been surprisingly easy for a souls game. But still a great experience.
I've only played DS1 (and about an hour of DS2 before getting fed up with it) so can only compare it to that. I've found the difficulty in general to be similar although I'm enjoying this more than DS1. Less annoying deaths falling off cliffs and ledges etc.

amolbhatia50k

I've only played DS1 (and about an hour of DS2 before getting fed up with it) so can only compare it to that. I've found the difficulty in general to be similar although I'm enjoying this more than DS1. Less annoying deaths falling off cliffs and ledges etc.
I've played all except Elden Ring and this has been a breeze for me. And I'm pretty bad at FS games. I've beaten a few bosses first time which has been weird. I think it's due to magic being extra powerful.

fergosaurus

I've played all except Elden Ring and this has been a breeze for me. And I'm pretty bad at FS games. I've beaten a few bosses first time which has been weird. I think it's due to magic being extra powerful.
Could be, I'm playing a strength build character and finding it tough enough. I agree the bosses do seem a bit easier than early DS1 bosses from what I remember.

amolbhatia50k

Could be, I'm playing a strength build character and finding it tough enough. I agree the bosses do seem a bit easier than early DS1 bosses from what I remember.
I think that's why. I read that magic is overpowered after trying to read up if it's easier. So melee must still be tough as feck. Tbf I'm playing a hybrid to keep it fun.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The design of the store is so bad, literally found out online that there is a forspoken demo, searched for it, couldn't find it. Googled it and you have to go into the game, click the 3 dots and it's hidden in there, why isn't there a demo section?