g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

Ace of Spades

Whether Ten Hag is the right man is up for debate, but I said we dodged a bullet when we didn't hire Pochettino. I maintain that stance. This Chelsea team is beyond awful. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.
Agreed. I was glad we did not go for him.

always_hoping

The worst coached team I've seen against United in Old Trafford this season. Poch extremely lucky his side didn't concede 5 or 6 goals tonight.

ColvaleGoa

What is wrong with Chelsea? Are they just missing a big CF? We were there for the taking if they really wanted it but they were utter drivel.

90 + 5min

What is wrong with Chelsea? Are they just missing a big CF? We were there for the taking if they really wanted it but they were utter drivel.
Owner and manager. It doesn't get better with that defense. I have no idea why manager keep insisting playing from back when you have players who can't do that.

BorisManUtd

Not that I watched Chelsea this season for more than 1-2 times, but thought they showed some promising signs - 4:4 vs City, draw vs Arsenal, 2 wins against Brighton etc. But tonight they were awful. I felt we should've and could've scored 3 more goals.

I rate Poch and do believe he can make Chelsea compete for top 4 spots but it could take some time. Won't be surprised if it doesn't happen either, Chelsea are just weird.

berbasloth4

Poch at spurs had a decent a squad but not a blank cheque. He had to work with what he kind of had and he was brilliant at it. When players were signed they were to suit him and not for the sake of it.

It seems that in the psg and this job random players are being bought and gave to him and he has no say in it and trying to get them in to some sort of style. Chelsea have about 7/8 players who all want to play as a 10.
They have james, chilwell (not tonight) and colwill all wearing the captains armband over Thiago silva who tonight you can see just looking at some of the players wondering wdf are they at. It seems decisions are being made for him.

I believe if poch was allowed a bit more control at any club with a more clued on owner or DOF he is a success.

Poch at spurs had a decent a squad but not a blank cheque. He had to work with what he kind of had and he was brilliant at it. When players were signed they were to suit him and not for the sake of it.

It seems that in the psg and this job random players are being bought and gave to him and he has no say in it and trying to get them in to some sort of style. Chelsea have about 7/8 players who all want to play as a 10.
They have james, chilwell (not tonight) and colwill all wearing the captains armband over Thiago silva who tonight you can see just looking at some of the players wondering wdf are they at. It seems decisions are being made for him.

I believe if poch was allowed a bit more control at any club with a more clued on owner or DOF he is a success.
New account amadeus mate?

AshRK

Do people still think he would have been a good fit here? Fans would have eaten him alive. He is fortunate the media has been super kind to him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Whether Ten Hag is the right man is up for debate, but I said we dodged a bullet when we didn't hire Pochettino. I maintain that stance. This Chelsea team is beyond awful. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.
Agreed

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They're so soft under Poch which is surprising considering how intense and aggressive his Spurs side was.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
You have no idea what team you will get from match to match - good showing vs Arsenal, then embarrassed by Brentford, then good matches against Spurs and City, then embarrassed by Newcastle, then a good win against Brighton, then terrible again vs United.

Its a young team but I also think its the tactics. All their best matches have involved them coming out like a house on fire, especially in midfield, and outhustling teams that are having trouble getting out of gear. This is how they went up against Arsenal, how they battled City, how they played against Spurs and eventually induced their players into some very rash behavior. But when Chelsea aren't winning the energy battle in that kind of high paced match, there isn't much to fall back on in terms of defensive organization, attacking patterns, etc.

This was also the formula for Poch at Spurs, except fewer other sides could match them in terms of energy and athleticism. And he had Harry Kane.

always_hoping

Do people still think he would have been a good fit here? Fans would have eaten him alive. He is fortunate the media has been super kind to him.
Just watched his after match interview, The media with real soft questions extra careful they don't upset him more. He suits low pressured jobs and I'm not sure how and when it's became acceptable for Chelsea to be 10th in the league and near 20 points off neighbours Arsenal.

glasgow 21

Pochetimo, useless. Always needs time, never criticism from UK press.
Media Room 1" Ten Hag is on the Ropes, this is a must win game or he is looking down the barrels of the sack"

Media Room 2 " Poch is lovely cheeky chap , great time having lunch and spending time with him. He has a great reading of the game, "

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I also find it incredible they aren’t under any scrutiny. Like pundits just accept they’re shit. Imagine we spent that amount of money in a short space of time. We would never hear the end of it.

Oranges038

Owner and manager. It doesn't get better with that defense. I have no idea why manager keep insisting playing from back when you have players who can't do that.
Yet you have people on here who criticise ETH for going more direct when he doesn't have the players to do it. Especially when Shaw and Martinez were out injured.

They were too easily pressed, all Utd had to do was press the keeper and he'd boot it or press it towards Disasi and he'd give it away. Neither Enzo or Caicedo wanted to drop in to help out either. It was almost like they were trying to suck Utd players into a press and then boot it over the top of them into the front 3. They were a shambles.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
These are always the funniest moments on the caf. When someone spunks a little too hard over someone or something and then they get shown up well and truly. Chelsea were absolutely awful last night.

Last edited:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Always happy to beat Chelsea however, they are by far the worst team we've faced this season.
Honestly, with a bit more composure, we could have scored 4 or 5.
Their performance doesn't make sense considering the players they have.

sugar_kane

I like Poch but was astonished at how shit Chelsea were last night.

Don't get me wrong, we had a good performance, but Chelsea looked so so mediocre. Worse than mediocre even.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Probably helps Chelsea that they were shite last year and finished in the bottom half. Everyone expected improvement but even a CL push was seen as a bit optimistic for them. They're more ridiculed and mocked than pressured at this point, nobody expects much.
Bollocks, loads of people were saying they would make top 4 this season.

samlee86

Got to hold my hands up and admit I wanted this guy ahead of Ten Hag and Ole.

I was very very wrong.

He’s an Espanyol/Crystal Palace manager at best.

Think his next job will be in the middle east

BorisManUtd

I like Poch but was astonished at how shit Chelsea were last night.

Don't get me wrong, we had a good performance, but Chelsea looked so so mediocre. Worse than mediocre even.
Mediocre is a compliment. They were all over the place (of course our gameplan largely contributed to that but still). I also like Poch but that was terrible. It seems like they do one step forward and to steps back this season.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
do you think channel 4 would commission “manager swap” along the lines of “wife swap”?