Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

Zen

He's got the easiest festive fixtures I've ever seen in my life coming up too. A couple of losses in them and he's surely toast with the new spending funds in January.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
I thought maybe Chelsea were coming around with some recent positive performances, but they look to be back to the form they showed very early on in the campaign. It is amazing that they have spent so much and sit in 12th and there is very little criticism of them in the media.

BorisManUtd

I thought maybe Chelsea were coming around with some recent positive performances, but they look to be back to the form they showed very early on in the campaign. It is amazing that they have spent so much and sit in 12th and there is very little criticism of them in the media.
Same. They have no Europe to distract them so 19 points after 16 games is really poor. Poch has to improve results asap and try and win League Cup to make it look like they may be going somewhere under him.

RedIan

Their squad is so bloated and full of players on massive long term contract and fat wages, he already has his work cut out to select 18 or so squad members who fit into his vision.

I expect them to push for Top 4 once he figures it out though.
sounds familiar

ForFuchsSake

To think, I was arguing with someone on here who believed Pochettino has done an ‘impressive’ job (not Amadeus surprisingly) so far. There is absolutely no way that you can spin his current stint as ‘impressive’. No justification whatsoever with the players at his disposal and money spent.

Zen

I can't make a judgement until I've seen the xG breakdown on the defeat to Everton.
Don't worry, they lost that too. xG ain't saving him from this one. Needs to invent a new advanced stat to buy time now. xMoney?

mu4c_20le

Its ok, its another transition season. No Europe next year will be a good thing, etc

Castia

Think he's in big trouble

Squad full of overpaid shite on massive long term contracts.....very similar to our situation.

Sanchez7

Wanted him over EtH after Ole but he seems just as if not more shit? Who has a better squad?

Renegade

The way our fanbase & our IG page celebrated the Chelsea win to only go and watch Everton do the same next week.
Chelsea are pure garbage and our win meant against them meant nothing.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
When was the last time Chelsea was this bad? On course for a 45 point season..

The relegation battle is shaping up to be particularly boring this season. In a more normal year Chelsea would be hovering 5-6 points above the relegation zone.

Last edited:

ThatGreyKit

Is Amadaeus banned or has he just disappeared for a bit to make a triumphant return to gloat when the team he doesn't support wins 4-0 against someone.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Wanted him over EtH after Ole but he seems just as if not more shit? Who has a better squad?
He's certainly struggling right now. Is he shit? I don't know, it's fun to laugh at him though!

I didn't want him like you did, and I'm certainly not advocating for him now as I'd always want a manager on the up. It might not be a popular opinion but I think certain managers suit certain clubs with certain players at certain times. You can't look at manager or even a player doing poorly elsewhere and be 100% certain he wouldn't be doing a good job somewhere else.

That doesn't mean we ignore how managers are doing in their current role and pick someone random who has been shite at every job they've had but I think things are looked at too simply at times.

If he was here he wouldn't have signed the same players ETH did for a start. Lots of people saying we need a better structure at United, and that a manager shouldn't be deciding who we sign on his own. Well Pochettino had much less of a voice in deciding who they bought over the summer compared to Ten Hag due to the way their club is set up and it's not going right either. Probably wishes he did have the power Erik has right about now and apparently he will have more of a say in the future.

Anyway, back to laughing at him. :lol:

Last edited:

Castia

Poch also calls for January signings: “We need to talk and to try and improve in the next transfer market”.

:lol:

Get them 6 year contracts ready boys!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can he genuinely keep his job if they finish bottom half?

Potter didn't survive that so can't really see the argument for Poch as much as I generally rate him.

Fulham back above them and in normal situation Everton would be comfortably above them aswell.

For the millions spent they're miles off it still and basically a replica of last season where they had endless decent approach play but could never score.

They have lost all the ruthlessness they had in the Abramovich era from the top down.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shit manager. He's been to PSG and Chelsea and started crying for signings and complaining right after they both spent an insane amount money. Guy doesn't live in the real world and doesn't know when it's time for him to just shut up and coach what he has.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
When was the last time Chelsea was this bad? On course for a 45 point season..

The relegation battle is shaping up to be particularly boring this season. In a more normal year Chelsea would be hovering 5-6 points above the relegation zone.
44 points last season. They have 39 points in 39 league games in 2023 :lol:

AndySmith1990

They should stick with him to break the cycle of sacking managers. That'll sort things out

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Imagine if even Arsenal, never mind United, were sat in 12th. Would CONSTANTLY be hearing from Neville, Keane etc. it barely gets mentioned about Chelsea. Small club.

BarryWinks

Players have downed tools are not responding to him like they've done for the last few managers. Disgraceful group this lot.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I don't understand how people actually rate him anymore.

He did well at Spurs, but shat the bed every time they looked like they might win something.

Been increasingly garbage since then.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Poch isn't the problem, neither was Potter.

It's all on the owners and sporting directors...

Terrible signings and squad composition, a bunch of kids plus Silva who is done physically and Sterling who is not a dressing room leader on 325k a week.