Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crossy1686

career ending
How come Didier Deschamps and his manager at Juventus didn’t have any problem managing him? I’m not saying he is totally blameless, but if you look at his regularity and discipline with other teams, you have to question our management.
Because he was at the world cup for about 3 weeks and it was very much within his best interests to win it if he wanted to play for Madrid or Barcelona.

crossy1686

career ending
Flog him.

Look at his body language and couldn’t be arsed attitude when he’s been embraced by his manager, the fans and his team mates alike. I can only begin to imagine what it will be like if we are keeping a player like that to his contract and resisting offers from the continent.
You can add Lukaku to that also, he can get the feck out as well.

Last edited:

Sir Scott McToMinay

But But running and not being Brit.....arm Bright!!!

In all honestly we're losing a special player and there's no one like him which is why Real wants him. However once he declared he wanted to leave we have to move on. I am not confident that our Clown CEO and the rookie he appointed as manager will bring adequate replacement though.
Everybody knows he’s our best player, everybody knows he doesn’t want to be here.
That’s all there is to it.

Ralph1386

Yeah to a degree, but we also weren't banking on him and Martial getting a manager sacked. If they'd have bought in and not gone to all out war things could be different.
How come Didier Deschamps and his manager at Juventus didn’t have any problem managing him? I’m not saying he is totally blameless, but if you look at his regularity and discipline with other teams, you have to question our management.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Get as much as possible for him and seal our mid table status once and for all. Rip the band aid let’s go

sugar_kane

He's got all the talent in the world and had a chance to prove himself in the toughest league in the world and blew it.

He could have been the man to lead United back to glory but he's throwing in the towel having barely played ten decent games in three years.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If the Pogba that came three years ago was joining Ferguson’s United with the dressing room, structure and ethos that was in place I genuinely think he’d have been one amazing player for us. However, we needed him to be the leader to help shape a winning dressing room and I just don’t think he’s capable of it. You can visibly see him sulking/stropping on the pitch at times and he just goes missing for whole halves of football...and those halves can then turn into weeks. It’s a shame really...I think both club and player have let each other down in many ways but it is what it is. It’s much better for everyone if he goes...we get to use the substantial money to rebuild and he gets to compete for trophies now at his peak which I’m sure he feels his talent is deserving of.

As much as it hurts to say it Liverpool with Coutinho have shown it’s all about the collective...I mean obviously Ferguson was doing that for years but it’s so easy to miss what it was that made him great when you’re caught up in it. Nobody is bigger than the club. It’s an ethos we’ve definitely let go of these last few years...it’s been all about individuals as opposed to the collective. I’m very hopeful we’re going to put that right this summer, if that means some of our ‘star’ players leaving then so be it.

Green_Red

I didn't, Pogba is maybe the most written about player in the most written about team in the EPL, l could cherry-pick a list of headlines to prove whatever point l wanted to make.
Unfortunately, we all seen the sideline bust up with Mourinho, we've all seen the training ground bustup photos and videos, we've all heard the comments post game come out of Pogba's mouth, we all seen the subsequently deleted twitter posts post Mourinho sacking, we've all seen the lackadaisical performances. None of it was based on newspaper 'headlines', it was based on visible evidence that we all seen and heard. So cherry pick whatever you want from the newpapers. If current reports that he's had a bust up with Ole are true then he is as toxic as a player can get.

future2future

Shit show, this one,

Of course Pogba is a good football player, you can't argue against that. But what his time at United has shown us is that he isn't a leader: He could flourish at Juve because of an experienced team of world class players around him. He doesn't have that right now and it shows. We are better of with some more down to earth "names" who know how to play and work their asses of in stead of 1 star player and a dis functioning team

Sir Scott McToMinay

Some beg to differ. I just was half an hour on this thread stating the obvious
I think they’re just bitter and a bit disappointed with how it turned out for him here, deep inside they know there’s no arguing he’s the best player we had since Van Persie, even though his attitude could’ve been better.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Is mostly Zidane that wants him, the other day in Bernabeu fans were not chanting for Pogba. I think he's a good player but his already disruptive personality is only to get worse if he signs for Real Madrid, so think it would be for the best interests of Real Madrid to pass on him.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
First we need to specifically define what a 'good performance' is, so goalposts don't get moved. Will you be needing strong empirical evidence (stats - and not just stats that say what someone wants it to say, actual detailed, broken down stats). Or will you be needing strong eye-test evidence, which is obviously prone to a individual interpretation of what is 'good play', or will you be needing both types of evidence? For every individual game he's in.

Once that is done, someone may be in a position to take you up on your challenge. It's a challenge someone would have to put a large amount of effort in to actually win even if he has in fact had more good games than bad.
Should be an eye test over everything. I know it’s subjective but stats are misleading. Because if you gotta use stats when you’re not sure if he had a good game, then it’s not good enough. It should be obvious if someone has a good game or not.

mu4c_20le

He's got all the talent in the world and had a chance to prove himself in the toughest league in the world and blew it.

He could have been the man to lead United back to glory but he's throwing in the towel having barely played ten decent games in three years.
Not that i'm justifying some of his performances, but he did spend 2.5 out of those 3 years fighting with a manager who refused to attack.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There are no management problems with Pogba, the issue is simply that there are +20 players in the team that aren't particularly good at football but apparently that's Pogba's fault. As far as I'm concerned Pogba and all the players that want to leave won't be missed but there is no need to make up problems.

Red Daz

I wanted rid as soon as the season ended, as long as we reinvest the money then I’ll be happy

Jeffthered

The best players in the world are grafters, Pogba ain't that.
Name me a better Centre Midfielder in world football?

If he was so 'lazy' , then explain 19 goals from Centre Midfield ? Seems like the opposition can't be all that then? Maybe him being so 'lazy' is the reason Deschamps picks him for France (and they DO have other options available..).

Too many people want Pogba to be the person, the personality, the player that THEY wish to see. Doesn't work that way. As I said, he was as much part of what was wrong at United within that horrible period with Mourinho, as much as any other player. But not more responsible than any other player.

He's a truly, genuine, world-class player, and they're are not many of those around.

Deery

Dreary

If he was so 'lazy' , then explain 19 goals from Centre Midfield ? Seems like the opposition can't be all that then? Maybe him being so 'lazy' is the reason Deschamps picks him for France (and they DO have other options available..).

Too many people want Pogba to be the person, the personality, the player that THEY wish to see. Doesn't work that way. As I said, he was as much part of what was wrong at United within that horrible period with Mourinho, as much as any other player. Not more responsible than any other player.

He's a truly, genuine, world-class player, and they're are not many of those around.
Kevin DeBruyne puts him to shame every week.

Dr. StrangeHate

You haven’t mastered the “challenge” of playing well for more than 2 games in a row yet, how on earth do you think your work here is done?

Then again he’s a fair weather player if ever there was one. Hopefully we can get £120m+ and buy 2 actual centre midfielders with the money - ones who can play well without needing the entire side built around them.
This. It’s more like running away from a challenge :lol:
He was an integral part and leader of a world cup winning team. No current United player has his CV. His accomplishments are below:
Club
Juventus[199]

Manchester United

International
France U20

France

Individual
The reason it did not work out for him here is the quality around him. He is not a Messi that can do everything on his own. He is not running away from a challenge. He is abandoning a rudderless ship.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am astonished buy how little a shit I give. Some of you are behaving like we are losing a player that has let us to countless trophies.
The who team needs to be rebuilt. Don't care who leaves.
A rebuild for what though. As currently we are only signing mid-table players while letting go of our two only world class ones.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was an integral part and leader of a world cup winning team. No current United player has his CV. His accomplishments are below:
Club
Juventus[199]

Manchester United

International
France U20

France

Individual
The reason it did not work out for him here is the quality around him. He is not a Messi that can do everything on his own. He is not running away from a challenge. He is abandoning a rudderless ship.
This is such a lazy post. We watch him play, we can see his individual mistakes, his general quality on the ball fluctuating from great to poor and we can see the extent to which he "leads" the team. Blaming it on those around him is one of the most daft things I've come across, albeit not surprising. Before it was that he wasn't positioned in the left side of midfield. Then it was that he didn't have the freedom under Jose. Now it's the players around him. It's never actually him is it :lol:

crossy1686

career ending

Too many people want Pogba to be the person, the personality, the player that THEY wish to see. Doesn't work that way. As I said, he was as much part of what was wrong at United within that horrible period with Mourinho, as much as any other player. But not more responsible than any other player.

1. KDB, Silva, Kante, Kroos, Modric, Busquets, Rakitic, Pjanic, Casemiro, Eriksen, Fernandinho, Fabinho.
2. International games are completely different to club level games.
3. At least 8 of his 19 goals were penalties, it's a skewed statistic.

If Pogba was world class he'd track back at the very least, he's fair weather like the likes of Özil. Hazard single handedly carried Chelsea while making those around him look better. Paul Pogba's all about Paul Pogba.

el3mel

Him saying he wants a new challenge is hilarious though. As if he has won the treble with us and now time to search for new things to win. :lol:

Dr. StrangeHate

This is such a lazy post. We watch him play, we can see his individual mistakes, his general quality on the ball fluctuating from great to poor and we can see the extent to which he "leads" the team. Blaming it on those around him is one of the most daft things I've come across, albeit not surprising. Before it was that he wasn't positioned in the left side of midfield. Then it was that he didn't have the freedom under Jose. Now it's the players around him. It's never actually him is it :lol:
Watch him in the World Cup always at the centre of the team huddle with the pep talks. Watch him at Juventus tearing up the league.
He had Fellaini, Mc Tominay and Fred around him. He had Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard and Alexis in front of him and the Smalling-Jones combo behind him. How can you be consistent with this shit around you. At any job if you work in a team and are surrounded by shit your work suffers as well no matter how good you are.
De Gea and Pogba both want out. Both are wanted by the best clubs. There is a reason for that. There is also a reason why no one wants the other shit we have.

TrueRed79

The more i think about it, the more i want him gone. We made him the biggest transfer in history and pay him a fortune. Gave him the stage to build his brand. What exactly has he done for us in his time here? I have never seen him put a proper shift in. Of course he has had some exceptional games and won us games we maybe shouldn't have won. But he hasn't exactly paid us back in any way really. He divides opinion. Most pundits say he's a liability and his attitude stinks when the going gets tough. I genuinely thought he was a game changing transfer when we first got him but soon into his Utd career i could see that he isn't all that. Once you started seeing reports of "you build the team around him", "he has to play in a 3", "he can't play in a two" and so on, you start to think that spending 90M on a player and having these types of conversations is totally bizarre. It's quiet clear we don't have the quality of seasons past but you would have thought that he would roll his sleeves up and give a little back to us. What does he then do? Slaps us in the face as soon as he goes on holiday. Only thing that will give me any sort of satisfaction is that we rinse whoever buys him.

el3mel

1- He needs defensive midfielders alongside him instead of Herrera.
2- He needs to play in 4-3-3 on the left instead of this 4-2-3-1 crap.
3- Mourinho is holding him back by forcing him to defend.
4- The attackers in front of him are shite.
5- His teammates are crap.
6- One fan abused him in the stands.

Almost everyone has been blamed for his performance even the fans except himself as he keeps letting his defenders down again and again and again, and now for the last time by saying in public he wants to leave when they thought sacking Mourinho will keep him in charge.

Some have some good points re him that are worth discussing but all honestly the majority of his defenders have formed a strong **** that sees no problem in him and starts to favor him over the club.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's a world class talent, there's no doubt about that. The thing with Pogba is that he needs to play in a team that can carry him tactically and when he's not having a great game. At United he is expected to be the leader, the go to guy when things aren't going well and he's simply not consistent enough to do that.
Both parties will be better off if he leaves, he can play in a team full of leaders and we will be able to build a more balanced midfield that suits the way we hopefully intend to play (high press, high workrate, direct football). My issue with the whole thing is that I have 0 faith in Woodward and company when it comes to getting shit done on the transfer front.

Giggsyking

Almost everyone has been blamed for his performance even the fans except himself as he keeps letting his defenders down again and again and again, and now for the last time by saying in public he wants to leave when they thought sacking Mourinho will keep him in charge.

Some have some good points re him that are worth discussing but all honestly the majority of his defenders have formed a strong **** that sees no problem in him and starts to favor him over the club.
This
I do think he has the quality needed for a top club, but he has big mentality issues. He is weak mentally and with the first boo at Madrid he will crack.
Now by loosing him we need to make sure to bring in top players, though I doubt it.

crossy1686

career ending

This. It's been 3 years and we've had about 15 decent games out of him. Can't always be other people's fault.

LoneStar

I wouldn't mind if we sold him to be honest. He's a great player when in the mood, but severely inconsistent and a bit casual at times.

We hold all the cards with him having 3 more years of his contract here. As long as we get a good fee, I couldn't care less.

But we would have to buy players in before we sell him though, cause otherwise, every club would rinse knowing we have cash after selling him, in addition to the United and PL tax.

If we buy smartly this summer, we could most likely have a better midfield than with Pogba next season. Look at Liverpool after selling Coutinho.