Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Wow hes so rubbish he went for record fee and managed to get two heavyweight European clubs to chase after his service. What kind of juju did he put on them!? I wonder why doesn't they want our actually good players like Shaw, Mctominay and co? We should have more rubbish players tbh.
you can muddy the waters as much as you like by mentioning other players.. I don't want anyone at the club who doesn't want to be there and espeically one who downs tools

Marcelinho87

6 years contract says otherwise
Contracts mean very little these days though.

The rumours about De Ligt are exactly the same, get him to a club like United first before moving him on to Barcelona.

It is all so Mino can get 2 pay days.

Un4givableB

To be fair, there seems to be a lot of baggage that follows Pogba, suggesting he's a bit of a problem behind the scenes. I found a timeline of his time with us so far:

September 2016 – The first signs of Pogba struggling to adapt to Mourinho’s system emerges in United’s 2-1 Premier League home defeat to rivals Manchester City. TV pundit Jamie Carragher calls Pogba’s performance “ill-disciplined”, saying he was “like a kid in the schoolyard, running where he wants and doing what he wants.”

March 2017 – Following an FA Cup defeat at Chelsea where Pogba struggles again, Mourinho accuses the player’s critics of being jealous at how much he earns.

September 2017 – Reports emerge that Mourinho is unhappy that Pogba flew to Miami to recover from a hamstring injury rather than stay in Manchester.

January 2018 – Pogba is hauled off just over an hour into United’s timid 2-0 defeat to Tottenham and has a heated debate with Mourinho on the Wembley touchline.

February 2018 – Mourinho drops Pogba for the next game against Huddersfield, hauls him off again in the 1-0 defeat at Newcastle and benches him for the first leg of the Champions League clash with Sevilla.

March 2018 – More unwelcome headlines follow for United as Pogba and Mourinho are said to be “barely on speaking terms” amid reports the midfielder could be sold in the summer.

August 2018 – Mourinho suggests Pogba was unable to be distracted by external matters during the World Cup due to the short nature of the tournament. Despite returning late from the World Cup, Pogba starts and captains United in their opening match of the season – scoring in a 2-1 win against Leicester. But he says after the game that “there are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined”. Pogba is linked with a move to Barcelona before the end of the transfer window, but Mourinho says: “I have never been so happy with (Pogba) as I am now.”

September 2018 – Pogba is thought by some observers to be questioning Mourinho’s tactics after the 1-1 home draw against Wolves by saying United should “attack, attack, attack”. Reports emerge before the Carabao Cup tie against Derby that Mourinho told Pogba in front of the squad he will never captain United again as he does not embody what the club is about. Pogba is rested for the Derby game and Mourinho says afterwards he has taken the vice-captaincy away from the midfielder, but the manager denies the pair have fallen out.

– Mourinho and Pogba share a tense training ground exchange the day
after the captaincy news and, though Pogba started against West Ham, he is substituted 70 minutes in to a 3-1 defeat.

Let's not also forget there was the 'Caption this!' when Jose was sacked and the rumours that Pogba was overjoyed at training and being very vocal about Mourinho being sacked for fecking with him.

Latest is that Solskjær and Pogba have had a bit of a fallout too.

Hard to know what to believe at this point but he's either unfairly targeted by a lot of people making up lies or some of this attitude problem he may have is justified criticism.
Just like l said, clueless.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
he's quoted by the BBC as saying he thinks this is a good time for anew challenge - someone should tell him he hasn't meth the current one yet! He doesn't want to be at the biggest club in the world? fock him!

To be fair, there seems to be a lot of baggage that follows Pogba, suggesting he's a bit of a problem behind the scenes. I found a timeline of his time with us so far:

September 2016 – The first signs of Pogba struggling to adapt to Mourinho’s system emerges in United’s 2-1 Premier League home defeat to rivals Manchester City. TV pundit Jamie Carragher calls Pogba’s performance “ill-disciplined”, saying he was “like a kid in the schoolyard, running where he wants and doing what he wants.”

March 2017 – Following an FA Cup defeat at Chelsea where Pogba struggles again, Mourinho accuses the player’s critics of being jealous at how much he earns.

September 2017 – Reports emerge that Mourinho is unhappy that Pogba flew to Miami to recover from a hamstring injury rather than stay in Manchester.

January 2018 – Pogba is hauled off just over an hour into United’s timid 2-0 defeat to Tottenham and has a heated debate with Mourinho on the Wembley touchline.

February 2018 – Mourinho drops Pogba for the next game against Huddersfield, hauls him off again in the 1-0 defeat at Newcastle and benches him for the first leg of the Champions League clash with Sevilla.

March 2018 – More unwelcome headlines follow for United as Pogba and Mourinho are said to be “barely on speaking terms” amid reports the midfielder could be sold in the summer.

August 2018 – Mourinho suggests Pogba was unable to be distracted by external matters during the World Cup due to the short nature of the tournament. Despite returning late from the World Cup, Pogba starts and captains United in their opening match of the season – scoring in a 2-1 win against Leicester. But he says after the game that “there are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined”. Pogba is linked with a move to Barcelona before the end of the transfer window, but Mourinho says: “I have never been so happy with (Pogba) as I am now.”

September 2018 – Pogba is thought by some observers to be questioning Mourinho’s tactics after the 1-1 home draw against Wolves by saying United should “attack, attack, attack”. Reports emerge before the Carabao Cup tie against Derby that Mourinho told Pogba in front of the squad he will never captain United again as he does not embody what the club is about. Pogba is rested for the Derby game and Mourinho says afterwards he has taken the vice-captaincy away from the midfielder, but the manager denies the pair have fallen out.

– Mourinho and Pogba share a tense training ground exchange the day
after the captaincy news and, though Pogba started against West Ham, he is substituted 70 minutes in to a 3-1 defeat.

Let's not also forget there was the 'Caption this!' when Jose was sacked and the rumours that Pogba was overjoyed at training and being very vocal about Mourinho being sacked for fecking with him.

Latest is that Solskjær and Pogba have had a bit of a fallout too.

Hard to know what to believe at this point but he's either unfairly targeted by a lot of people making up lies or some of this attitude problem he may have is justified criticism.

*Forgot to add that apparently Raiola offered him to City, which he wouldn't have done unless Pogba wanted to go.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's going to be shite if he is with us come the start of the season. He knows the fans won't get behind him now and as always he'll lose his head.

Doesn't have even half the mentality Beckham had when things were going against him and he was twice the superstar that Pogba ever will be.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes. It's not ideal, but it's better than trying to replace him at this stage of the season. Plus he still has to play well enough to earn his move.

I'm not a big fan of Pogba. I don't like his attitude, and I don't think his style of play is best suited here. I just think it's a problem worth delaying given our priorities elsewhere this summer.

I can understand not wanting to keep him because of his perceived attitude. But even if it does affect his form, I think he would still be better than whomever we can bring in this summer. Not because there aren't good replacements out there, but because I have no faith that the club can pull it off in time.

Or worse yet, because Real Madrid cannot afford him outright this summer, we end up doing a swap deal for another unsuitable player.

As for the Mark Noble comment, I cannot defend Pogba's inconsistency. It comes down to whether you agree he's our best creative player over the course of a season, and whether you are prepared to lose such a player without adequate replacement.
Pogba "can" be great. Just as long as nobdy bothers to mark him. If he has to run, he's screwed. He has all the talent in the world but no heart...

crossy1686

career ending
He's going to be shite if he is with us come the start of the season. He knows the fans won't get behind him now and as always he'll lose his head.

Doesn't have even half the mentality Beckham had when things were going against him and he was twice the superstar that Pogba ever will be.
Surely he's not expecting the fans to be onside come the start of the season if he's still here? He shouldn't even expect his team mates to be onside either.

Green_Red

Just like l said, clueless.
I actually thought it was a good post. A timeline of incidents involving Pogba and its a long list, too long in fact. Some players have spent 12 / 15 years here and wouldnt have a list near as long as that. Whether you agree with what peoples opinions of Pogba are you cant dispute a list like that.

If he wants to leave, based on his recent comments then let him, if he wants to stay and put in the effort then stay.

If he leaves he running away from the buggest challenge out there whilst saying "I want a new challenge".

Macedonian Red

I dont have the problem if Pogba left this summer. The problem i have is I dont trust this board to replace him.

crossy1686

career ending
Sign Rabiot, Fernandes and Tielemans this window, tell Pogba he's benched unless Madrid stump up the cash, sell him at 1 minute to midnight on transfer deadline day and hope some muppet fecks up the fax machine so he's got to sit on the bench until January or loan him out to a Championship team.

Un4givableB

I actually thought it was a good post. A timeline of incidents involving Pogba and its a long list, too long in fact. Some players have spent 12 / 15 years here and wouldnt have a list near as long as that. Whether you agree with what peoples opinions of Pogba are you cant dispute a list like that.

If he wants to leave, based on his recent comments then let him, if he wants to stay and put in the effort then stay.

If he leaves he running away from the buggest challenge out there whilst saying "I want a new challenge".
I didn't, Pogba is maybe the most written about player in the most written about team in the EPL, l could cherry-pick a list of headlines to prove whatever point l wanted to make.

nokoya

He is not footballer, he is an artist with his hair and lifestyle. Let him go. I spent 25 years of my life watching this team and he's the worst ever midfield that doesn't have this club in his heart. Even Tom Cleverly did better know what its mean playing for this club.

So, bye and thanks Pogba.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Sign Rabiot, Fernandes and Tielemans this window, tell Pogba he's benched unless Madrid stump up the cash, sell him at 1 minute to midnight on transfer deadline day and hope some muppet fecks up the fax machine so he's got to sit on the bench until January or loan him out to a Championship team.
I like you. Only one I'm not sold on is Rabiot. Feels like we d trade one prima donna for another.

Vissy

The media has always had Pogba in their sights for any chance of negative press coverage, because that generates clicks. I don't know if even half of it is true. I feel hesitant to just point fingers and call him every manner of horrible, but still. A supremely professional player would not have reacted as Pogba did when Mourinho tried to freeze him out. They would've kept the issue quiet and internal, tried to understand the coach and the coach's intentions and try harder. Instead Pogba took the spat public. Now it may not be how he intended to do it, or the media exaggerated some parts of what happened. I still feel like he has been unprofessional and if this is how he deals with all harsh criticism or tactical demands that he doesn't like (since I seriously doubt Mourinho did something much worse than that, that would warrant taking it public) then I don't see why any top coach would ever want him. Maybe he is more professional in the NT because it's the national team, and because it's Deschamps.

Reactions: JPRouve

Red Devil Rising

And this is the sort of role model people want the younger players to look upto :rolleyes:

Can't wait for him to go. Been nothing but trouble.

Toad

The guy is a "baller", but he's also poison.

I'd rather get rid and lose an (occasionally) great player if it's for the benefit of the team as a collective. It wouldn't be the first time we've done it, and I doubt it'd be the last.
I agree with this but some people just don’t see it. Like you said in another post, there has been plenty of reports to suggest as such. He is a big problem for the whole team and it doesn’t matter how well he plays (on occasion) he isn’t good for our team.

mu4c_20le

We've failed him. When he signed on he must've been sold on some sort of plan, but three years later we've gone around in circles and backwards and all he has is a europa trophy to show for it. His next four or five years is his prime and it's only fair he wants a regular title and cl challenge.

crossy1686

career ending
We've failed him. When he signed on he must've been sold on some sort of plan, but three years later we've gone around in circles and backwards and all he has is a europa trophy to show for it. His next four or five years is his prime and it's only fair he wants a regular title and cl challenge.
Yeah to a degree, but we also weren't banking on him and Martial getting a manager sacked. If they'd have bought in and not gone to all out war things could be different.

clarkydaz

The media has always had Pogba in their sights for any chance of negative press coverage, because that generates clicks. I don't know if even half of it is true. I feel hesitant to just point fingers and call him every manner of horrible, but still. A supremely professional player would not have reacted as Pogba did when Mourinho tried to freeze him out. They would've kept the issue quiet and internal, tried to understand the coach and the coach's intentions and try harder. Instead Pogba took the spat public. Now it may not be how he intended to do it, or the media exaggerated some parts of what happened. I still feel like he has been unprofessional and if this is how he deals with all harsh criticism or tactical demands that he doesn't like (since I seriously doubt Mourinho did something much worse than that, that would warrant taking it public) then I don't see why any top coach would ever want him. Maybe he is more professional in the NT because it's the national team, and because it's Deschamps.
How about the day jose was sacked and the 'caption this' post on social media. But we were told that was a coincidence

Icemav

I suppose the mature way to look at it is that its right for both parties to part company. He isn't right for us at this time and we need a significant rebuild. And he obviously wants to move on to greener pastures for the reasons you site.

crossy1686

career ending
How about the day jose was sacked and the 'caption this' post on social media. But we were told that was a coincidence
Also the wanting to ride home in his car instead of on the team bus with everyone else, arguing and questioning the managers tactics in training in front of the squad, telling the press he can't say what he wants to say because he'll get fined and Pep saying that he was offered to City by his agent in January because he wanted out of United.

All coincidences.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah to a degree, but we also weren't banking on him and Martial getting a manager sacked. If they'd have bought in and not gone to all out war things could be different.
That bs again? Mourinho got himself sacked, the team as a whole hasn't been good under Mourinho and it's very strange to single out these two players.

Jeffthered

Better players (for United) have been sold at close to their peak. A big club gets on with this. Remember all the fuss re Couthino Liverpool to Barca?

What does interest me are those who think he is easily replaceable. Really? Who's that then?

We will play different, probably a little quicker without him.

If he goes to Real, then I wouldn't be surprised if you see the next Ballon D'or winner.

Pogba was unfortunately, never, consistently, the player we all wished for. But he was our best player. Our most productive player. Goals. Assists. Running. Chances created. Think about that. We are losing our best player. He was culpable for many things, but some seem to blame him for everything, and I have never understood that.

Let's all move on.

crossy1686

career ending
Better players (for United) have been sold at close to their peak. A big club gets on with this. Remember all the fuss re Couthino Liverpool to Barca?

What does interest me are those who think he is easily replaceable. Really? Who's that then?

We will play different, probably a little quicker without him.

If he goes to Real, then I wouldn't be surprised if you see the next Ballon D'or winner.

Pogba was unfortunately, never, consistently, the player we all wished for. But he was our best player. Our most productive player. Goals. Assists. Running. Chances created. Think about that. We are losing our best player. He was culpable for many things, but some seem to blame him for everything, and I have never understood that.

Let's all move on.
The best players in the world are grafters, Pogba ain't that.

Ralph1386

How come Didier Deschamps and his manager at Juventus didn’t have any problem managing him? I’m not saying he is totally blameless, but if you look at his regularity and discipline with other teams, you have to question our management.

dogwithabone

Flog him.

Look at his body language and couldn’t be arsed attitude when he’s been embraced by his manager, the fans and his team mates alike. I can only begin to imagine what it will be like if we are keeping a player like that to his contract and resisting offers from the continent.