Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Because the last time we sold our best player we replaced him with such world class talent as young and valencia while being priced out of hazard.

Happy to get a big fee and then complaining that mediocre talent like rice/ longstaff and tielemans don't make the grade.

Don't get me wrong, if he want's out then we look for alternatives, but just like Ronaldo, we will not find a cm/am/mezzala that can do what Pogba does. We are failing at fixing the teams problems and loosing the class players at the same time.
Pogba in full swing is great but how often does he have a run of 9/10 performances?

Ronaldo was consistently amazing and elevated the whole team, losing Pogba is nowhere near the same thing as losing one of the best players of all time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We have to sell him. A player who wants out is not needed here next season. Agree a fee with Juve or Real, buy in players, sell him. Knowing us, we wont buy anyone, and inevitably sell Pogba late in the summer and then get quoted even more ridiculous sums for transfers than already. Now that everyone knows we have even more money to spend.
The club needs to be clear about things very early. If they wanna sell him, do it fast and if they wanna keep him, kill those stories by making a statement. Nothing in between

Bobski

A great talent who in a more solid and settled Utd team might be the X factor to push us to a higher level but is much less valuable in a transitional team looking to build a new identity.

Pretty much every manager since Juve(club and international) who has worked with him has tried to get him to adapt to a deeper position, thinking that he can bring greater value in a more orthodox role than as a wandering attacker. Part of that is consistency of focus, the only time he has shown the willingness to do the small things in that role was during the France WC winning run. If he leaves Utd this Summer he will go with an impressive youtube compilation but any of the same flaws he arrived with.

mu4c_20le

Just because he wants to go, doesnt mean it will happen. Cant see him leaving this summer when we've already lost Fellaini and Herrera, jury is still out for Fred and Matic plays like a 36yo Carrick and needs his minutes micromanaged. Next year, or Jan probably.

Art Vandelay

Poison is a harsh word for sure, but he was never good news for our dressing room. I knew that the day we played our opening match against Leicester, got 3 points, and he hijacked the topic in an interview to talk about how he's unhappy etc. From our first fecking match of the season.
A lot of that seemed to get passed off as him being some sort of hero fighting against the evils of Mourinho, when he was just being selfish. Didn't he do it more than once too? I could swear I remember him mouthing off about being unhappy after a few wins.

Seveneric

His fans here talking about how United fans + the press were mean to him and didn't love and value him enough, but one of the clubs he allegedly wants to move to, is Madrid. Alright then.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Personally i think that if a player does not want to be here, its better to let them leave. bring in someone who does want to be here.

Not as if pogba is not getting good money. He is on serious money.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A lot of that seemed to get passed off as him being some sort of hero fighting against the evils of Mourinho, when he was just being selfish. Didn't he do it more than once too? I could swear I remember him mouthing off about being unhappy after a few wins.
And then after the manager instructed him to not speak to the media for a while (rightly after his antics after the Leicester game), he went out of his way to tell the interviewers that he's "not allowed to speak to them".

He knew what we was doing. Any other player would get ridiculed for it, but he has protective armour here.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
I mean, I could really just say $1000 but $50 sounds more realistic.
First we need to specifically define what a 'good performance' is, so goalposts don't get moved. Will you be needing strong empirical evidence (stats - and not just stats that say what someone wants it to say, actual detailed, broken down stats). Or will you be needing strong eye-test evidence, which is obviously prone to a individual interpretation of what is 'good play', or will you be needing both types of evidence? For every individual game he's in.

Once that is done, someone may be in a position to take you up on your challenge. It's a challenge someone would have to put a large amount of effort in to actually win even if he has in fact had more good games than bad.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Juve were in the process of a rebuild, were taking zero risk as he signed on a free fecking contract. It's an obvious move that anyone would take, I would have done the same :lol:

But then you have to be sensible and understand Serie A is not equivalent to Premier League. Shining in one doesn't necessitate you shine in the other, and when you're spunking £90m you need to know it's a big risk. We were the only daft feckers to do it. It was well reported Real took a sniff, saw the price and laughed at the stupidity of the request before moving on.

And can you stop talking about Real as a whole wanting him? It's well reported Zidane is stubbornly making Perez go for Pogba despite the Real higher ups not being convinced about Pogba as a player.
Juventus had Marchisio, pirlo and Vidal ie WC players who would walk in our side blindfolded. Yet Pogba still force his way in. But hey keep digging. As said with fans like yourself maybe we deserve the tripe we've got

Red Devil Rising

So we got rid of Jose to keep him happy now he wants out.

He's been an absolute waster since he came back here. I'll be really sad to not have a discussion about which player we need to sign for him to finally put a consistent season together.

He's given nothing, taken everything now wants gone.

Typical Raiola client really.

Moriarty

I don't want him to go. However, if he is leaving, better to get it done and dusted now rather than drag it out for a couple of months leaving no time to get a replacement in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Juventus had Marchisio, pirlo and Vidal ie WC players who would walk in our side blindfolded. Yet Pogba still force his way in. But hey keep digging. As said with fans like yourself maybe we deserve the tripe we've got
Are you serious, did you just bucket Marchisio and Pirlo as similar players to Pogba? It's like saying last 2 seasons Matic fights for his role in midfield against Paul Pogba :lol: Your argument has hilariously regressed. I don't think you even know what you're arguing about anymore.

Fans like me? I support Man Utd, not Paul Pogba. Clearly you will put Pogba above everything, evidently including the club :lol:

Ban

It’s an example.

I’m not here to provide a thesis of why he is or is not committed to the club.

This isn’t the Solksjaer thread I’m not trying to negate my own club.

Excused if criticism? Do you read my posts? I said he’s often not lived up to his potential. Behave, you don’t like the guy cause he doesn’t represent what you like in a footballer & that’s your prerogative but my question to you as it is with many is, why are you not as impassioned about other players [remember there are 11 on a pitch not 1] most who are not as good & just as half-arsed.

Stepping Stone :confused: It’s all hyperbole. Can we stop talk assumptions & talk facts. We bought him for a world record fee & the club has regressed around him [his form has been mediocre for long periods] but he’s won things with other teams whilst here so why would he not want to go to a club that would be spending close to €500mil in a window?

We don’t know for sure that we were a stepping stone or being used, it’s as if cause our fans are being jilted by the girl at the bar we’re screaming at her & calling her ugly.

Why people assume the worst of someone they see for 90mins a week & a few times on social media is beyond me.

I take your points on board./
First of all you don't know if I'm impassioned about other players or not. Second, it's not about if I like him or not. You're right that he's form has been mediocre and he hasn't lived up to his potential.
He's not a player you built a team around, he's just an icing on the cake and he'll be that in Madrid or wherever. A YouTube compilation player so to say. We brought him to be a leader and a big star, thats not his fault of course but I feel that transfer has been one of the many things wrong with this club.. He can of course have it easy for him and go to a club which spends 500 million where Kroos and Modrić will do the most work for him so he can pop out a goal or a Hollywood pass every once in a while.

Kapardin

Agree, Woodward should've forced James to skip his dads funeral and international duty to sign with us.
Not a very witty quip. I was implying that Woodward hasn't signed even 2 players whilst Real have signed many. And even before James' dad passed away, quite a bit of time had been spent.

If you are happy with our recruitment process, nobody is stopping you from giving your positive spin on things without useless quips about others'.

Personally i think that if a player does not want to be here, its better to let them leave. bring in someone who does want to be here.

Not as if pogba is not getting good money. He is on serious money.
This was expected the day he signed for us. Though perhaps it might have been delayed had Real appointed Jose and not Zidane.

We can't expect elite players to stay with us long term as we don't have a guarantee of success. I do approve of the policy to buy players like AWB and Bruno Fernandes who are less glamorous and could be effective, but we need to be sharp about our recruitment.

devilish

Are you serious, did you just bucket Marchisio and Pirlo as similar players to Pogba? It's like saying last 2 seasons Matic fights for his role in midfield against Paul Pogba :lol: Your argument has hilariously regressed. I don't think you even know what you're arguing about anymore.

Fans like me? I support Man Utd, not Paul Pogba. Clearly you will put Pogba above everything, evidently including the club :lol:
My point is that they didn't need rebuilding in CM as they had a top CM already. Pogba won his place on merit

I don't care about individuals either however we lost a top player at a time when talent is at a ridiculously low level. I won't celebrate his departure especially since we'll probably won't be able to find an adequate replacement for him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My point is that they didn't need rebuilding in CM as they had a top CM already. Pogba won his place on merit

I don't care about individuals either however we lost a top player at a time when talent is at a ridiculously low level. I won't celebrate his departure especially since we'll probably won't be able to find an adequate replacement for him.
They didn't need to rebuild in CM but as I said, the team as a whole was rebuilding for the future (Pirlo was getting older) and it was zero risk. They signed him on a free.

Pogba won his place in a shit league. I have told you already that Serie A performances mean feck all. It was a shite league then and not a barometer of the Premier League, or even close.

There are many adequate replacements for him. Getting someone who works hard and actually values the club would already be a big upgrade.

RedCurry

My biggest concern selling Pogba this season is that we’ll just blow that money away without a concrete plan. If we could hire a seasoned director of football, I’d be happy to sell. But for now, I think we need to keep him one more season and hopefully we have a better transfer strategy by next season.

Ban

Juve were in the process of a rebuild, were taking zero risk as he signed on a free fecking contract. It's an obvious move that anyone would take, I would have done the same :lol:

But then you have to be sensible and understand Serie A is not equivalent to Premier League. Shining in one doesn't necessitate you shine in the other, and when you're spunking £90m you need to know it's a big risk. We were the only daft feckers to do it. It was well reported Real took a sniff, saw the price and laughed at the stupidity of the request before moving on.

And can you stop talking about Real as a whole wanting him? It's well reported Zidane is stubbornly making Perez go for Pogba despite the Real higher ups not being convinced about Pogba as a player.
I'd leave it.

Kapardin

Even if 1,3 & 4 happen, 2 never will. Raiola will get him to sign an extension before he waives his fee.
Raiola's whole point of agitating moves for his clients is to make money for himself. Sure, he gets his clients good moves, but that is more of a side effect to him making money. Fat chance of the fat feck waiving a cent.:lol:

Gasolin

We could offer him better wages, build the team around him and give him the captaincy, that will surely motivate him to play a full season, right?
That, no, but the need to be selected for the Euro, absolutely.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
One journalist claims that Maguire would have a higher wage at United than Pogba does; if so, maybe Paul's comments are just tactics in a bid for a raise.

devilish

They didn't need to rebuild in CM but as I said, the team as a whole was rebuilding for the future (Pirlo was getting older) and it was zero risk. They signed him on a free.

Pogba won his place in a shit league. I have told you already that Serie A performances mean feck all. It was a shite league then and not a barometer of the Premier League, or even close.

There are many adequate replacements for him. Getting someone who works hard and actually values the club would already be a big upgrade.
He won a first team place in a star studded midfield. His rise was so astronomical that marchisio status changed from future captain to potential leaver in matter of months

He then became a WC winner, our most espensive signing, our main assist and goalscorer and now Real wants him. The only good thing about this is that once he's gone you lot will have to find a new scape goat to blame for all our problems. Hopefully he'll be someone who deserves it

Fluctuation0161

My biggest concern selling Pogba this season is that we’ll just blow that money away without a concrete plan. If we could hire a seasoned director of football, I’d be happy to sell. But for now, I think we need to keep him one more season and hopefully we have a better transfer strategy by next season.
True. But we said that 12 months ago when talk of DOF first came out.

I fear our transfer strategy will not change. It's been so bad for 6 years.

Ban

To remember he lauded Ole and claimed he should get permanent job.
I guess that one tool who yelled at him was too much.

Hawks2008

Can't afford to lose him. None of our other midfielders can step up to the plate and give us what Pogba can, and there will not be a midfielder of his quality available to us on the market. Plus, people seeing our best player leave will make us look even more like a club in free fall.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He won a first team place in a star studded midfield. His rise was so astronomical that marchisio status changed from future captain to potential leaver in matter of months

He then became a WC winner, our most espensive signing, our main assist and goalscorer and now Real wants him. The only good thing about this is that once he's gone you lot will have to find a new scape goat to blame for all our problems. Hopefully he'll be someone who deserves it
Jesus you'd whip anything in to make him sound like a God wouldn't you.

Being our main goalscorer and leading assists means nothing in this season. We were so hilariously shite that it's not even worth pointing to it as an acheivement. Especially considering he racked the stats up in 3 months out of the 9 and half his goals were penalties FFS :lol:

Once again you're harping on about Real when it's clear the higher ups would rather not have him. It's like you don't read posts or understand anything beyond a love for Pogba.

I can play similar games, Anderson, signed at 18 and won a place in our squad. Won Champions League and a few Premier Leagues. Legend.

@Ban's right I don't think this debate is worth my time.

Lynty

No doubt a great footballer.

But he's not worth his valuation, so just cash in and rebuild properly