Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocknrolla69er

Obviously wants to go to madrid, have they got any players realistically we could exchange if they cant afford the £150m fee, and players that arnt Isco who i think hasnt got ball recycling desire pretty much like Pogba.

Any good young prospects, id definatly try and wrangle Casimero

Canagel

He wants to play in the champions league. he was bloody useless against PSG and Barca in the return leg. Like our worst player.
It's not important in the grand scheme of things. There are bigger challenges than those that United cannot offer to him and other attractive projects better prepared to do something now not for 5 years later. The club is rebuilding from scratch and doesn't expect to do anything significant in the near future. Maybe in 2-3 years maybe longer. No use for world class player in his prime.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
My biggest concern is not fully reinvesting the £150 million we’re going to get.

Obviously, I don’t expect a like for like replacement, but we need think of a new system and improve the first 11 in other key positions.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
My biggest concern is not fully reinvesting the £150 million we’re going to get.

Obviously, I don’t expect a like for like replacement, but we need think of a new system and improve the first 11 in other key positions.
We HAVE to get a quality player back in return, not enough time to reinvest that money and fill all of the holes in our line up.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Varane + Casimiro
My understanding is that Varane has no intention to move. Earlier in the window, I would have gone for Casemiro and Odriozola plus cash, but with the purchase of Wan Bissaka it now makes no sense. If Juvenuts are still interested I wouldn't be against Bentancur + Dybala.

AFC NimbleThumb

My concerns exactly.

We’ve lost Herrera & are losing Pogba; are Bruno & Longstaff really adequately recruitments when we already needed a midfielder with these 2 at the club.

The misdirection here is first class. We’ve offloaded Herrera’s wage, are about to offload Pogba & will be replacing them with 2 cheaper [not as good] players.

If we took whatever Pogba money we get & added that to these transfers I’d be all for it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I agree , I think there will be no serious offers until after our transfer window closes when Raiola and Pogba will crank up the wanting to leave shit and we will then get an offer of 100M - 120M or cash plus Bale and Woodward will cave in .
What shocks me most is the fact that a lot of United fans still don`t want to sell the cnut , its got to the point where I really don`t care how much we get for him I just want him gone . I really don`t want to see him in a United shirt again and for the first time ever I can honestly say that I am not looking forward to a new campaign starting , sad as feck .
I think Bale could surprise you if you do get him.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
My concerns exactly.

We’ve lost Herrera & are losing Pogba; are Bruno & Longstaff really adequately recruitments when we already needed a midfielder with these 2 at the club.

The misdirection here is first class. We’ve offloaded Herrera’s wage, are about to offload Pogba & will be replacing them with 2 cheaper [not as good] players.

If we took whatever Pogba money we get & added that to these transfers I’d be all for it.
Yep, agree about the misdirection. Bruno and longstaff in exchange for pogba and Herrera is extremely bad business.

Zed 101

Don't get me wrong I know the market has inflated since we purchased him, but really what has Pogba shown at Utd since his £89 mil fee to warrant it nearly doubling? I have to say I think £150 mil is too high, realistically what other players right now would command a fee of £150 million? Hazard and Greizman have gone for less and both are more productive (I know contract situation was different).

If we genuinely do not want to sell then sticking a £150 mil tag on is fine, our I do not want to sell it price, but if reports are to be believed that we are actually open to a sale then surely it has to be less.

I reckon we would be lucky to £120 mil, a return + then some on our investment for a player who has failed to shine and who has been overwhelmingly unimpressive since he came to utd.

I would be keen to see some player swaps not that they ever happen but we need players, just because they do not fit at Juve or in particular Real does not make them bad players, Real in particular have some excellent players that do not make their first team or are on the periphery.

To be honest would love Pogba to go to Real but that is just out of spite, he will get short shift there and he will fall out with the fans.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If he's off to Real then Bale is probably coming to United. Management will love the marketing ops despite the likelihood of the player spending 1/3 to 2/3 of the season injured.

Perhaps Bale can conjure up a few match-winning performances along the way, enough to boost the club into top four.

Art Vandelay

If he's off to Real then Bale is probably coming to United. Management will love the marketing ops despite the likelihood of the player spending 1/3 to 2/3 of the season injured.

Perhaps Bale can conjure up a few match-winning performances along the way, enough to boost the club into top four.
I wouldn't be overly annoyed about that. I wouldn't shell out for him, but if he came along with a fair chunk of cash for Pogba and Real covering most of his wages I'd be quite happy with that. Although if we're getting anyone I'd prefer Asensio.

The only outcome of all this shite that would actively piss me off is Pogba somehow getting a new contract he has done nothing to earn.

LoneStar

While I want him to feck off for the right money, we essentially would be losing 3 midfielders - Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini.

And we haven't signed a single midfielder yet...

f_to_z

True, but we are not going to give him away. I don’t see anybody with the readies to pay what he’s worth to us. We need cash, not part exchange cast offs.

So, in your opinion... a club is willing to keep a player that might disrupt the dressing room, not give 100%, not sign a new contract, and ultimately might leave on less value since 2 years left on contract. Rather than sell now on a little discount and make a decent amount (£120mil). I find that decision very naive and badly calculated from the club.

joedirt87

So, in your opinion... a club is willing to keep a player that might disrupt the dressing room, not give 100%, not sign a new contract, and ultimately might leave on less value since 2 years left on contract. Rather than sell now on a little discount and make a decent amount (£120mil). I find that decision very naive and badly calculated from the club.
Darmian is the perfect example. The guy has barely played and the club would rather continue paying wages and hogging up a roster spot over a few extra million pounds. Just get rid of him.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
While I want him to feck off for the right money, we essentially would be losing 3 midfielders - Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini.

Losing Herrera is the only 1 that bothers me. Fellani shouldn't have been anywhere near a United starting 11 of the last decade, and Pogba for all his brilliance has an attitude problem.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We had already showed Pogba once that he is bigger than the manager. If we bow to his wishes and let him leave on a cheap just because we might sell him for even lesser next season, then we will show to him that he is bigger than the club. Show him and the fat feck his 3 year contract and tell them to feck off unless someone pays up. If he sulks just send him to the reserves. He has Euros coming up next year so I doubt he would want to sabotage his whole season, considering how many talents the French national team has. They could easily replace him and not feel a thing.

Everything is backfiring because our board is pathetic and only cares about commercial value and their poster boys. We are run like a fecking circus, like a dumb US TV reality show instead of a fecking football club. Football should always be a priority, not shirt sales or instagram followers.
Pogba was the fulcrum of the french team during the world club, even today they don't have another midfielder as good as him. Still, don't think Pogba would sabotage a whole season, he needs to play successfully to keep his status as a top player for marketing reasons.

Overall i don't get the problem here. Tell Pogba he's here for another two seasons. He won't play poorly for the time being, because not one of the better clubs would touch him afterwards.

I don't trust the scouts to replace him propely atm. Longstoff or that Portuguese would be very underwhelming instead of Pogba, IMO.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Are people really using this to somehow vindicate José?!

He takes a fair share of the blame for this situation ffs
He's the only person that had the balls to stand up to Pogba and try to put him in his place. Even though he was an extensive signing of his. The thing is, Jose just absolutely doesn't suffer poor attitude, if more people at the club were like that then I guarantee we wouldn't be in this mess.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Didn't Sarri already say that Dybala is not going to be transferred?

Considering the signing of Ramsey and Rabiot, I can see Juve offering Pjanic as part of Pogba deal. We should be rejecting it straight away though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

And Matic is done. Fred is an uncertainty at this point and McTominay, whilst decent, should be a squad option at best.

Yeah, we need a new midfield pretty much.

Alejandro Angel

Pogba was the fulcrum of the french team during the world club, even today they don't have another midfielder as good as him. Still, don't think Pogba would sabotage a whole season, he needs to play successfully to keep his status as a top player for marketing reasons.

Overall i don't get the problem here. Tell Pogba he's here for another two seasons. He won't play poorly for the time being, because not one of the better clubs would touch him afterwards.

I don't trust the scouts to replace him propely atm. Longstoff or that Portuguese would be very underwhelming instead of Pogba, IMO.
I just think his performances have been underwhelming, we did not expect Ronaldo or Messi like performances goals etc... but i did expect him to raise the standard of players around him. He really didnt do that for me he could make a great pass but he also didnt show for the defence and allowed runners off him in midfield.

It has been said that he needs better players around him, but i saw progress and more team spirit when he wasn't on the pitch.

We need to get as much as.possible and if that means keeping him unhappy on a bench then so be it. He needs to have to ask for a transfer and all the money to go to.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvored

I’m angry with Pogba, angry with the club and I hate so see Solskjær spouting out propaganda bullshit. It’s unworthy both him and the club. We look pathetic, unorganized and without any proper leadership.

I know everyone at the club is doing their best but atm this isn’t good enough. Ole Gunnar is a good guy, nice, diplomatic and sometimes well spoken but when I listen to his last interview it made me cringe. Stop that shit.

It sucks but we have to sell Pogba and Lukaku as ASAP. With them in the team going into next season we will continue to struggle. Motivation and hunger beats talents any day of the week. If Pogba and Lukaku stays then we will have a endless debate who’s to blame when things go south. If Ole Gunnar wants to stay at the club for the long haul then he must do a Fergie and clean the deck. He will receive support from match going fans, from local media and that will help him moving forward. He must be ruthless and put pressure on the owners and Woodward. He will win the media war and he will have the whole United nation behind him. This is his chance to go from a lame yes sayer to become a leader with authority and charisma. The club is crying for leadership and the owners will have no other choice then to back him up. Trust me. They can’t sack him now when things are so chaotic.

Take it Ole! It’s a win and win situation for you. Either they pay you a huge compensation pack, you will become a **** hero for the rest of your life, or they back you to the hill. I know what I would have done.
What Ole has to say in a manufactured interview and privately might be different. He could have been reined in by Woody for all we know. We cant get rid of a lot of the dross in one go as we wont get much money for them anyway, and have a big hole in the squad so it has to be done slowly. If we shift 4-5 on (and 2 have already gone), then thats as much as I would expect. Darmian, Rojo, Pogba maybe Lukaku would be my guess. Jones Smalling Young will probably get another

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
And Matic is done. Fred is an uncertainty at this point and McTominay, whilst decent, should be a squad option at best.

Yeah, we need a new midfield pretty much.
Matic was the one that most needed replacing out of the first choice three. He might be the only one we keep...

LoneStar

Losing Herrera is the only 1 that bothers me. Fellani shouldn't have been anywhere near a United starting 11 of the last decade, and Pogba for all his brilliance has an attitude problem.
You can't deny that regardless of his mentality or consistency, Pogba is our most creative player by a country mile, and the only one who is world class on his day. So yes, he definitely needs replacing.

Fellaini offered a viable plan B. I don't mind letting him go, but we need someome who offers an alternative option when things are not going well.

With Matic on his last legs, Fred still unproven at this point, we are left with Scott McTominay, Andreas and maybe Mata. That is a depressing midfield.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Worth remembering that whilst we want our £150 million for him, pizza man will want his slice too. It’s probably a £170 million deal all in for whomever chooses to buy him.
Not our problem just more unlikely that he will leave this summer

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's been said before... he's a virus. Get him gone if he doesn't want to be at OT. total arse