Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el3mel

And if you did the media would ignore it and still print he wants out
He should try and say it first before we see how the media will twist, instead of "Oh Madrid are great club with great manager and everyone dream to play for them, I'm happy for now but no one knows the future!" replay then blaming the media for it.

Kante's replay is just straightforward and closing the subject. I don't know what's Pogba's problem in just saying "I respect Madrid but I'm a United player and I'm only focused on that and on success with United".

The problem is whenever we mention he should replay like this, some are convinced these replays are impossible nowadays. It's a replay of someone not settled on a decision much, won't mind staying for now if there're no offers but if Madrid moves for him he'll want the move. That's the vibe you get from his and Hazard's quotes.

lsd

The Oracle
What age are you?

The age where I know threads like this are nonsense . He was asked a loaded question gave an answer that meant nothing and idiots go online panicking and making up rubbish about it .

Jib

See ? That's what I want Pogba to say. Not hard eh ?
Kante is loved by the fans and highly rated by the board. They just give him a massive contract at the start of the season.

Pogba has the same contract since 3 years and 3 months ago he was heavily booed at Old Trafford.

And the club backed a manager that threw him under the bus. They didn't fired Mourinho because of Pogba but because they were scared to miss a top 4 spot.

Kante is loved by the fans and highly rated by the board. They just give him a massive contract at the start of the season.

Pogba has the same contract since 3 years and 3 months ago he was heavily booed at Old Trafford.

And the club backed a manager that threw him under the bus. They didn't fired Mourinho because of Pogba but because they were scared to miss a top 4 spot.
Pogba was one of the major reasons Jose was sacked.Had Jose stayed the club would likely be selling out on one of our few remaining (marketable) world class talents in the upcoming transfer window.

It was not case of Jose being outed out because of us missing out on a top 4 spot.You could argue the club had already accepted its fate in that regard.
Also,You dont hire someone will little top flight experience in Ole if you're desperate for a top 4 finish.If you're desperate for a top 4 (or higher) finish you bring in someone with far more top flight level experience.Ole was purely brought in to weather the storm and get United and Pogba producing good offensive football.In this sense the club got abit fortunate that its turned out relatively well and we're back competing for a top 4 finish.But it wasn't in design nor really expected when Ole stepped back into Carrington and Manchester United.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Never known in my lifetime following Manchester United, a player like this...

When I say like this, I mean a group of fans, literally defending everything he does, that can be perceived as wrong, no matter how hurtful or infuriating it is. I saw some people defending him for the Wolves equaliser earlier in the season.

It's fascinating

I'm not angry or surprised he's flirting with Madrid. That's just the kind of person he is. Most modern footballers are.
Would be nice if he gave us a good season before he acts like this though but, how and ever...

clarkydaz

quite the situation this.

Player went public on feud against the manager, club chose Pogba.
Club make him captain again, a week later Pogba calls Madrid dream club.
club stall on DeGea contract, Pogba will be doing the same thing soon regardless due to Sanchez.
So either the club bends to his demands, if not has the fallout excuse to go Madrid as likely planned by his agent anyway
Well done Woody

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I'll support him fully as a man united player, but it's obvious he's eventually lining up his next blockbuster move. I think this will be the trend for the foreseeable future. We saw it first with his move from juve to us, and then with neymar leaving barca for psg. With social media playing a huge part, along with these super agents, there's just a ridiculous amount of money involved in these moves happening. We'll see it again with pogba, and even neymar i can see going to Real Madrid and cause an uproar.

ErranMorad

This is such a tough call as a fan with Eddie in-charge. If Sir Alex was the helm, I would say feck him off and rinse Madrid for as much as we can. But with Eddie in-charge of transfers and Ole still an unknown commodity, not sure I can trust them to get adequate replacements to lessen the impact that Pogba's departure will cause.

I don't think his irreplaceable at all. Don't like him much of a character as well.

.Rossi

:lol: Pogba literally said the same thing.
He said it's a dream to play for Real Madrid so no, he didn't say the same thing.

As I said earlier, it's fascinating that people on here defend him no matter what he says or does.

Would be great if he gave us a good season before he pisses off though

el3mel

How is that now the same thing?
Maybe post the full quotes first.

One is saying Madrid is a great club with great coach and a dream for everyone, no one knows the future but I'm here for now. The other says that's not important and he's just at Chelsea and focused on it with aims to do there.

The vibe from both quotes is clear for everyone bar you so far.

"I am at Chelsea and I still have aims here, what is said elsewhere is not important," said the Blues player.

The rumours of Zidane being interested in Kante didn't affect the player at all:

'That is not important. I am at Chelsea and I am focused on that," concluded N'Golo.
The 26-year-old told reporters: “Like I’ve always said, Real Madrid is a dream for anyone. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the world. There is also [Zinedine] Zidane as a coach and it’s a dream for anybody who likes football. For now, I’m at Manchester. We don’t know what the future holds. I’m at Manchester and I’m happy.”

Jib

Maybe post the full quotes first.

One is saying Madrid is a great club with great coach and a dream for everyone, no one knows the future but I'm here for now. The other says that's not important and he's just at Chelsea and focused on it with aims to do there.

The vibe from both quotes is clear for everyone bar you so far.
The difference between a player who got a new contract not long ago and a player who was benched and boeed at that time.

Pogba's reponse to the rumors is pretty classy tbf.

.Rossi

Devil's advocate here...

Wayne Rooney got absolutely lynched on here, by the same people defending Paul Pogba's flirting with other clubs like City and Madrid.
Wayne Rooney is our record goalscorer and done far more for this club than Paul Pogba has ever done.

Standards...

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
CR7 has said similar things back when Fergie was here. Hazard has mentioned the same multiple times. These things does happen all the time to all quality players.

My only question , this has never happened for City players. Aguero, KDB,Silva all should have been poached by the Spanish giants by now . Something fishy between the owners ?
David Silva said he'd never play for another Spanish team besides Valencia. And Aguero already played in Spain and perhaps is more comfortable at City

Litch

The hypocrisy of football fans. If Sancho said "I love Ole and Utd are a massive club", not a fan on here would be questioning his professionalism. On here would be then full of fans saying 'he's def coming to Utd. What Pogba said is absolutely right, just it's not very palpable when one of our own players (that we want to keep) says it. If Rojo says it, no one gives a feck. It's also funny how when a player gives an honest response, his professionalism is in question. What do people want, for him to lie? Or maybe for him to kiss the badge, then leave the following week. I think people also forget, a player doesn't dictate his time at the club, ultimately the club does. Real could offer 200m in the summer and irrespective of how much Pogba says loves the Utd, we would be selling him.

I've stopped reading too much into this stuff as these things said rarely amount to the player leaving, more likely is a new contract on more money....

Fracture90

Honestly whether or not it's his dream to play for Madrid and work with Zidane he really shouldn't be talking about that publicly, considering he's under contract with us, no matter he says he's happy here at the end. If he's really happy there's no need to talk about Zidane and Madrid no matter what journo is asking him.

If he feels he's wasting time here and that he won't win anything and wants to move, they can do some deal behind the closed door. If he's saying this just so he can get a better deal with us, it's equally disrespectful.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The difference between a player who got a new contract not long ago and a player who was benched and boeed at that time.

Pogba's reponse to the rumors is pretty classy tbf.
There is a bit more than that, they weren't asked the same question, Kanté was asked a question about a transfer right now while Pogba was asked about a distant future. Kanté has no room for a different answer, also there are two words missing in the quotes, he said "I'm still at Chelsea" and "Today I'm at Chelsea", I don't put a lot of importance in these things but Pogba has been lambasted for using the same terms in the past while they are simply erased for Kanté.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There is a bit more than that, they weren't asked the same question, Kanté was asked a question about a transfer right now while Pogba was asked about a distant future. Kanté has no room for a different answer, also there two words missing in the quotes, he said "I'm still at Chelsea" and "Today I'm at Chelsea", I don't put a lot of importance in these things but Pogba has been lambasted for using the same terms in the past while they are simply erased for Kanté.
Pogba said he is happy at Manchester, Kante didn't say that :D

Seriously though, not sure why people think too much about these interviews. They are asked these questions in PC, many a times unprepared, so they say generic answers without closing any door. It's not like they are forcing transfer now.

Janson

Never known in my lifetime following Manchester United, a player like this...

When I say like this, I mean a group of fans, literally defending everything he does, that can be perceived as wrong, no matter how hurtful or infuriating it is. I saw some people defending him for the Wolves equaliser earlier in the season.

It's fascinating

I'm not angry or surprised he's flirting with Madrid. That's just the kind of person he is. Most modern footballers are.
Would be nice if he gave us a good season before he acts like this though but, how and ever...
Not really that surprising when you consider that there are people who are fans of a player rather than the club. Flair players usually have a lot of these kind of fans, like Martial and Pogba for example. This is becoming a lot more common these days. So there is always gonna be a conflict of interest.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Devil's advocate here...

Wayne Rooney got absolutely lynched on here, by the same people defending Paul Pogba's flirting with other clubs like City and Madrid.
Wayne Rooney is our record goalscorer and done far more for this club than Paul Pogba has ever done.

Standards...
Wait. Are you going to pretend Pogba wasn't lynched THIS SEASON when Mourinho was in charge? Were you not one of the one's saying you can't wait to see the back of him? Your selective memory...

You're no devil's advocate. Merely an opportunist who saw a chance to critizce a player you don't like. Must have been killing you inside when he was playing well.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, seems everything in this world has distinctly become a "us or them" type argument/discussion. There's barely any room for trying to remain impartial/objective in seemingly anything these days.

I'm a big fan of Pogba and I hope he stays at the club for years to come because even though I believe you're able to build a better team with or without him, I also don't think there's a better midfielder we can sign to directly replace him. But it's clear as day that he could have answered that question much better, creating some stability. So I can kind of see those who are taking issue with his answer.

Personally, I also have a career. So I can understand Pogba's answer - basically not shutting the door on any potential opportunity, and technically, he is also correct - no one knows the future. And the door wouldn't exactly even be shut on a future move if he just said "...I am contracted at United and will remain focused blah blah blah...". But we also know the nature of the new breed of footballer - especially ones not born locally.

Football is a career to them. Us, fans, we take it personally but clubs have little loyalty when it comes to under performing players, so why do we expect talented footballers to show loyalty towards clubs? We might love the club, but not every footballer will. Luckily for us, he is under contract and we are in control of the outcome.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wait. Are you going to pretend Pogba wasn't lynched THIS SEASON when Mourinho was in charge? Were you not one of the one's saying you can't wait to see the back of him? Your selective memory...

You're no devil's advocate. Merely an opportunist who saw a chance to critizce a player you don't like. Must have been killing you inside when he was playing well.
People who are most outraged are the same who wanted him gone when Jose was here.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper

You're no devil's advocate. Merely an opportunist who saw a chance to criticize a player you don't like. Must have been killing you inside when he was playing well.
Is he Souness? Is he Souness? Is he Souness in disguise? ....

JPRouve

Scout
Pogba said he is happy at Manchester, Kante didn't say that :D

Seriously though, not sure why people think too much about these interviews. They are asked these questions in PC, many a times unprepared, so they say generic answers without closing any door. It's not like they are forcing transfer now.
You jest but if you switch the answers I'm pretty sure that we would be suffering a thread about Pogba being all business while Kanté openly express his happiness at the club.

.Rossi

:D
You're all over the shop, lad
#headsgone

.Rossi

Not really that surprising when you consider that there are people who are fans of a player rather than the club. Flair players usually have a lot of these kind of fans, like Martial and Pogba for example. This is becoming a lot more common these days. So there is always gonna be a conflict of interest.
Yeah, true.

Tribalism is certainly going out of football

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah, true.

Tribalism is certainly going out of football
Or its just not binary, some people were fans of the club and defended Pogba because they saw him as essential to the clubs success and Jose non essential.

Also sometimes people just have differing opinions of situations, but it seems when people disagree these days they put others in a box "Martial fan over the club or Martial FC" or "Jose fan over the club" or "Pogba fan over the club"

Yeah, seems everything in this world has distinctly become a "us or them" type argument/discussion. There's barely any room for trying to remain impartial/objective in seemingly anything these days.
Pretty much this. It's rather silly too.

JPRouve

Scout
Or its just not binary, some people were fans of the club and defended Pogba because they saw him as essential to the clubs success and Jose non essential.
Or they thought that neither were essential but one was/is more valuable than the other.