Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil in me

Everyone can see he is talented here. That's not the problem with him. It's the dedication and focus that are found wanting at times.
In what way has his dedication and focus ever been 'found wanting'? The shape he is in, would suggest he is totally focused on the game.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Jose doesn’t seem to be too pleased with Pogba at the moment to be honest. He doesn’t seem to be happy that Pogba is training individually.
And you base this on what? As long as he's not up to speed, he wont train with the team. Simple.
I guess it's just Jose who wants to keep the other teams in the dark while hoping he could surprise Chelsea and play him. Of course he knows exactly where Pogba stands with regards to recovery

reddaz71

If Pogba has issues with his hamstrings then surely all he has to do his pick up the phone if has not already to Ryan Giggs who suffered the same problem continually until he found the right way of dealing with the issue, hopefully Pogba returns though and doesnt break down again!

Zlatattack

Nope, just looked it up. "comedy drama" right?
Yeah. It's very similar to the idea of the universe you mentioned, which i quoted. If you have netflix, give it a watch, you'll get the joke. :)

if you can't be bothered, read this spoiler.
The good place is a show where people die and think they've arrived at heaven, but have actually arrived in a cleverly engineered hell designed to torture them in ways other than the conventional methods you'd associate with the idea of hell.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
God I hate comments like this. There's absolutely no foundation for it whatsoever, but people decide he lacks dedication or focus because he gets daft haircuts or dances on Instagram.
I'm talking about his performance in matches. He hasn't been consistent enough yet. Improvement over last year but still not there.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm talking about his performance in matches. He hasn't been consistent enough yet. Improvement over last year but still not there.
Even if that were true there's absolutely nothing to suggest it has anything to do with dedication or focus.

ManuMou

So no Pogba next Sunday then ?

Means another session of Herrera underperformance and Matic in a one man midfield. Doesn't sound good !

cyberman

We may be ok v Chelsea since their midfield isn't pulling up trees themselves.

innocently_standing

Why should he? Seriously? What difference does it make to fans if a player is injured or not? What’s it got to do with the fans at all?

Plato

Why should he? Seriously? What difference does it make to fans if a player is injured or not? What’s it got to do with the fans at all?
The fans want to see the team win. Certain players playing makes it more likely that we will win. Endorphins released.

Hope this helps.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Seems to me as though he's been doing extra work to stop it from reoccurring as there is no other explanation that means you'll be out for 7 weeks with a hamstring that doesn't require an operation.

Dinoh

Spot on. Pogba has potential to be a top player for us, but still has a lot to prove at United. He should be more productive this season than he was last season. Hopefully when Pogba returns he will add many goals and assists to his game.

innocently_standing

Absolutely! Our support means feck all doesn't it?:rolleyes:
Why does it matter to a load of people in all corners of the globe if a player is injured or not? People are obsessed with knowing every little detail about everything. Just go to the game, and watch the players that are picked. Simple. That’s how it used to be. You got to the ground, heard the team announced, and watched the game. Nowadays people are all over twitter looking at spy shots of the squad at a hotel to see who’s is in the squad and who might play. People get all worked up if they don’t know if a player is fit or not. Get a grip.

macheda14

Why should he? Fair question, we don't want to rush him back from injury if it makes it worse. He should come back when ready.

Seriously? This is where your line of questioning becomes problematic. Quite a vague question to ask, makes it almost impossible to answer.

What difference does it make to fans if a player is injured or not? Umm, hopefully you see the issue with this question, being a football fan and all. Let's take last season's big injuries. Zlatan and Rojo - both were performing very well and as a fan I'm sure you were as disappointed as any to have lost two of our better performers. A fan, by definition supports a club, thereby wanting it to win. An injury to one of our best players makes a difference to fans because it makes it less likely we will win.

What’s it got to do with the fans at all? Either you wanted to emphasise your point by repeating your previous question with different phrasing, OR you don't realise that its practically the same question as the one above. Either way - read the answer provided above.

RedDevil@84

Then maybe you should say that rather than question his commitment.
Talking about someone's performance is criticism. Questioning his commitment is an accusation.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We may be ok v Chelsea since their midfield isn't pulling up trees themselves.
All the more reason to want him back, without Kante their midfield looks very easy to get at on the provido we have Pogba in there. I'm not sure Matic and Herrera alone can expose them there as much as we could

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Exactly, or a statement like this from the club.....

"Paul Pogba has suffered from a ▆▆▆▆▆ and is currently ▆▆▆▆▆▆ in ▆▆▆▆▆. The ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ is progressing ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ and we expect to see him back in ▆▆▆▆▆ on ▆▆▆▆▆ when he may start with a ▆▆▆▆ for the U-▆▆'s."
This is basically what Mourinho said, when asked about Pogba a few weeks ago.
When even more questions were asked, he said not to ask him about injured players.

innocently_standing

Why should he? Fair question, we don't want to rush him back from injury if it makes it worse. He should come back when ready.

Seriously? This is where your line of questioning becomes problematic. Quite a vague question to ask, makes it almost impossible to answer.

What difference does it make to fans if a player is injured or not? Umm, hopefully you see the issue with this question, being a football fan and all. Let's take last season's big injuries. Zlatan and Rojo - both were performing very well and as a fan I'm sure you were as disappointed as any to have lost two of our better performers. A fan, by definition supports a club, thereby wanting it to win. An injury to one of our best players makes a difference to fans because it makes it less likely we will win.

What’s it got to do with the fans at all? Either you wanted to emphasise your point by repeating your previous question with different phrasing, OR you don't realise that its practically the same question as the one above. Either way - read the answer provided above.
Ok ... once you know a players exact condition, and date to return, does your life change in any way? Is it better, or worse? Life goes on regardless. People need to chill and accept that they don’t know every little detail about every bit of the club. It’s not hard. But then I’m in my 30’s. I remember when football wasn’t dominated by internet fans and places like this. Ah well.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So you dont think Barkley has the attributes I stated before?
Dude Ross Barkley is just about good enough to be in Everton's first team, but I think they leave him on the bench a bit. And that team is a relegation candidate.
What makes you think that a player from a relegation candidate is good enough to even make our bench?

RedDevil@84

Dude Ross Barkley is just about good enough to be in Everton's first team, but I think they leave him on the bench a bit. And that team is a relegation candidate.
What makes you think that a player from a relegation candidate is good enough to even make our bench?
You should know that attributes in an English player counts twice or even thrice sometimes :D

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
7 weeks? Anyone swear he broke his foot or something. For a man of his fitness I really thought he would brush something like this off quickly.
It was a quite serious hamstring injury. It's not something you can just "brush off". Surgery was considered for him.

Thecarrickfan_2016

I'm sorry, But you can't rush your hamstring, No matter how bad you've damaged it, The club are right to take their time regarding him, If he came back and we rushed him back, He'd be out for a further month in my opinion.

AgentP

Chances of a start against Chelsea look slim now. He'll be lucky to make it to the bench. Post-international break it is I suppose.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
All the more reason to want him back, without Kante their midfield looks very easy to get at on the provido we have Pogba in there. I'm not sure Matic and Herrera alone can expose them there as much as we could
Kante will be back for the united game.

haram

God I hate comments like this. There's absolutely no foundation for it whatsoever, but people decide he lacks dedication or focus because he gets daft haircuts or dances on Instagram.
To be honest, he probably is one of the most dedicated players at the club.

SAFicus

Truth is we sold him to Madrid in the summer and what you all saw up to the "injury" was actually just the ghost of christmas past having a laugh.

The real Pogba is in CR7's basement lest he become the star of the show!

Seem legit?

Walters_19_MuFc

Not sure I get your point.

Do you not know that Barkley hasnt played single minute for this season yet?

He did, however, play most games last season when they came 7th.

That said, place in the league has nothing to do with whether the player is good enough to make our bench.

At the moment Palace are rock bottom, but i'd say Zaha is good enough to make our bench, if not, start for us if you look at our current situation.

In contrast with that, you have Deeney, for example, sitting 7th place, where Everton finished last season, who most likely wouldnt make our bench.

ravelston

Not sure I get your point.

Do you not know that Barkley hasnt played single minute for this season yet?

He did, however, play most games last season when they came 7th.

That said, place in the league has nothing to do with whether the player is good enough to make our bench.

At the moment Palace are rock bottom, but i'd say Zaha is good enough to make our bench, if not, start for us if you look at our current situation.

In contrast with that, you have Deeney, for example, sitting 7th place, where Everton finished last season, who most likely wouldnt make our bench.
If you'd said Cabaye I might have taken you seriously. But not Zaha - and certainly not Barkley.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If you'd said Cabaye I might have taken you seriously. But not Zaha - and certainly not Barkley.
Zaha's their best player by a mile and both him and Barkley would make our bench

Status
Not open for further replies.