Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

In the initial few games without Pogba, the momentum we had built so far had kept us playing at a high level. But as the games progressed, slowly we have gone back into our shell. The Fellaini injury only made us even more one-dimensional in our approach.

OLLY ORANGE

In the initial few games without Pogba, the momentum we had built so far had kept us playing at a high level. But as the games progressed, slowly we have gone back into our shell. The Fellaini injury only made us even more one-dimensional in our approach.
Totally agree.
We are lacking another spark with Pogba being out and we are lacking the phisicality we had and a plan b with out Fellaini.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Yep. Mkhitaryan’s form has directly followed that trend too.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Yep. Mkhitaryan’s form has directly followed that trend too.
Not really. Plenty of us questioned Mkhi at the start of the season because he was playing quite poorly ( but somehow still ending up with an assist or a goal. ), that sooner or later he'd either perform better or his stats would drop and reflect how he's actually playing.

By all means, Pogba out injured doesn't make his life easier, but there isn't a big difference between how he's playing now and how he was playing when Pogba was in the team

BenjaminP

Is Pogba out for the year or what?
How come there's no update coming out for his return? Maybe it's a long term and they still dont know exactly when he'll be back?
Without Pogba, we don't have enough quality to challenge PL, never mind CL.

mark_a

I'm really clinging onto the fact that United are keeping his return date close to their chest for good reasons, but the worry is their isn't one yet!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm beginning to think that we won't be seeing Pogba in action again this year. :(

Shark

@NotShark
This has been a disaster, really. Between the timing of the injury itself, plus the lack of updates.

Trizy

How has there been no update? He was in Lingards Snapchat story last week ffs. Also sprinting in America.

Never thought we'd suffer this much without him. Imagine we never signed Matic? We'd be 10th :lol:

stevoc

I'm beginning to think that we won't be seeing Pogba in action again this year. :(
It's a hamstring injury usually they take 6-8 weeks to heal, it's been 7 weeks. He didn't have surgery on it so coming back in January would make it 4 months. For a hamstring injury that would be a very long recovery period. I think it's unlikely he injured it that badly.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
How has there been no update? He was in Lingards Snapchat story last week ffs. Also sprinting in America.

Never thought we'd suffer this much without him. Imagine we never signed Matic? We'd be 10th :lol:
Or imagine Matic gets injured. Hes playing every game.

BigCaine

More likely that we don't want to give the moron heading the French NT any ideas. Because if pogba makes it to the Chelsea match bench, expect him to be picked for France. Rather give him that extra week or 2 to recover than risk him here.

Shark

@NotShark
You don't think that's a slight overreaction?
No. I think that the injury not only disrupted us as a team, but it'll also take a while for Pogba to get back his form before the injury considering the length of time he's been out. A player that's pretty much vital to us challenging for both the title and in Europe. Throw in the complete lack of updates, for the fans, and yes I think it's been a disaster overall, even if we've gotten through this period well enough aside from that Huddersfield defeat which has left us chasing a lethal City side. As another poster pointed out, if Matic also picked up an injury, I'm not sure how we would have coped.

Pace Abuser

More likely that we don't want to give the moron heading the French NT any ideas. Because if pogba makes it to the Chelsea match bench, expect him to be picked for France. Rather give him that extra week or 2 to recover than risk him here.
International teams conduct their own assessments regardless of what player's are doing at club level.

BigCaine

International teams conduct their own assessments regardless of what player's are doing at club level.
Do they send their own Doctors or physios? I thought they relied on assessment of the club Doctors treating the players.

Decomposing In Paris

No. I think that the injury not only disrupted us as a team, but it'll also take a while for Pogba to get back his form before the injury considering the length of time he's been out. A player that's pretty much vital to us challenging for both the title and in Europe. Throw in the complete lack of updates, for the fans, and yes I think it's been a disaster overall, even if we've gotten through this period well enough aside from that Huddersfield defeat which has left us chasing a lethal City side. As another poster pointed out, if Matic also picked up an injury, I'm not sure how we would have coped.
Yeah, but wouldn't most teams struggle without 4 of their 5 first team midfielders (plus one the manager didn't want to go on loan)?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do they send their own Doctors or physios? I thought they relied on assessment of the club Doctors treating the players.
They call up a player if they want, and have him assessed by their own team. Can’t blame them either with clubs inventing injuries to pull them out of games.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
Hopefully he unexpectedly starts vs Chelsea!

Dobbs

He's just one player and we've only lost one game while he's been out. What fans need updates for is beyond me. He'll be back when he's back.

"Disaster" seems way over the top.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's just one player and we've only lost one game while he's been out. What fans need updates for is beyond me. He'll be back when he's back.

We also like to enjoy what we see I guess.

Not everything in footy is to be statistically quantified.

Dobbs

We also like to enjoy what we see I guess.

Not everything in footy is to be statistically quantified.
Yeah course we all like to watch him play. Goes without saying.

It's not a disaster though. His absence has has been given way more weight than it should have.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

SirAF

Ageist

Agreed. It's not like continuous updates (that would always be subject to change) are going to get him back any faster. Better to not comment than to give a tentative date and possibly disappoint people + put pressure on the player to return.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah course we all like to watch him play. Goes without saying.

It's not a disaster though. His absence has has been given way more weight than it should have.
I don’t mean just ‘liking to watch him play’, I think he makes ‘us’ better to watch. Our cohesion and flair has been lacking for two months, and I think he’d go a long way to fixing that. Yea, not a disaster in terms of results, but I am personally counting down the amount of Pogba-less games I have to watch, and can’t wait til’ they’re over.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It's a hamstring injury usually they take 6-8 weeks to heal, it's been 7 weeks. He didn't have surgery on it so coming back in January would make it 4 months. For a hamstring injury that would be a very long recovery period. I think it's unlikely he injured it that badly.
He was considered for surgery, so it must have been quite serious. Personally I think there simply isn't a return date yet, as he still isn't in full training.

Dobbs

I don’t mean just ‘liking to watch him play’, I think he makes ‘us’ better to watch. Our cohesion and flair has been lacking for two months, and I think he’d go a long way to fixing that. Yea, not a disaster in terms of results, but I am personally counting down the amount of Pogba-less games I have to watch, and can’t wait til’ they’re over.
Agree with you. I just don't think it's been a disaster in any sense.

Pogba's absence has apparently been the case of our problems, his reappearance the solution. No pressure Paul.

Shark

@NotShark

Pogba's absence has apparently been the case of our problems, his reappearance the solution. No pressure Paul.
Rather it’s true or not, If he can’t handle that kind of pressure, well then he should be playing for West Ham. He’s the biggest superstar at our club. Rooney had it too. Ronaldo also.

Canagel

I just have a sneaky feeling he will start on Sunday. He arrived at Carrington last week and has been training with the rest of the group. I don't know if the quotes by Mourinho relate to Pogba or not but if he wasn't available he would've just said "I'm not going to speak about the injured ones" or something like that. I guess it will keep Chelsea guessing but imagine if he suddenly appears on the team sheet....

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He’s the most expensive player in the history of the richest league in the world, playing for the biggest club in that league. The pressure is there whether you, me, or anyone else thinks his absence has hurt us.

Kapardin

If we get something out of the Chelsea game without him and also get him back after the international break, I reckon we have navigated the choppy waters pretty well in his absence. Will be ready to kick on from there.

CG1010

Maybe not a disaster, our attacking game has definitely suffered after both he and Fellaini got injured. His absence has coincided with Mikhitaryan turning into complete shit and over some matches, Lukaku's form has also gone downhill. These things appear to be linked to Pogba's absence logically. So we don't want other players' form turn bad before he comes back, do we?

GM K

Totally agree.
We are lacking another spark with Pogba being out and we are lacking the phisicality we had and a plan b with out Fellaini.
Add to these:

- Miki's loss of form
- Mata's loss of form
- Herrera's loss of form
- Carrick's injury

And you have an almost dead midfield and consequentially, the laborious type of football we've been playing and Romelu's dry spell.

People need to appreciate Jose though. We have not been losing as badly as the same team with a different manager could have been losing. The truth is, it has been a difficult time for the team and if all we have suffered during that time is one loss and one draw, you've got to give the team credit and admittedly, City has been down brilliantly well to make everyone think United has been 'average'.

Dobbs

Rather it’s true or not, If he can’t handle that kind of pressure, well then he should be playing for West Ham. He’s the biggest superstar at our club. Rooney had it too. Ronaldo also.
He’s the most expensive player in the history of the richest league in the world, playing for the biggest club in that league. The pressure is there whether you, me, or anyone else thinks his absence has hurt us.
Agree with you both. Pressure comes with the job.

That's why we shouldn't be adding more imagined pressure on his shoulders. His return alone won't "fix" anything.

If he returns and we continue to play this rather stunted football it'l be interesting to see what's to blame then.

Status
Not open for further replies.