Pogba's contract offer

Gentile’s Ghost

The offer should be quietly withdrawn and Utd should have a few words with PSG, RM or anyone else who might remotely be interested, warning them about his various shortcomings, that he’s injury prone and a terrible influence in the dressing room.
Tell them they’d be crazy to offer him a contract.
Hopefully no big or attractive offers will be available as a result and he’ll end up without a club.
Sounds petty, but he and his slimy cnut agent have it coming to them.
They’ve treated Utd and it’s fans with contempt over the last couple of years.
See how they like their own chips pissed on.

I can dream……
Difficult to disagree at all with this. The follow up meeting between Pogba and his agent, when no offers at all come in apart from a tongue in cheek, part time offer from a Maltese 3rd division side, would be well worth paying to watch!

I’m loving my life

So is he being kept on for marketing/dividend purposes?

If so that’s pretty much game over for the club.

Anyone who thinks we don’t need to get the Glazers out of the club needs to look at this as exhibit A in terms of why we can never be successful with them around

diarm

We should have 2 teams. One can be based in the London offices and be responsible for Twitter, branding, marketing and things like eSports. They don't have to play any actual football and could be managed by Woodward.

Then an actual football team based in Manchester and managed by Ten Hag.

Ibi Dreams

I just can't believe we'd keep him at all, let alone on those wages. If we do then we will deserve our failure. I don't think it'll happen though, he will leave us.

The Purley King

Please god this can’t be true.
We Should make no offer at all.
Surely ETH is being consulted on this decision? That is the only thing giving me hope that this is all made up bollocks.

Blood Mage

Embarrassing desperation from the club if this is true and an indication that nothing has really changed. A commercial club still doing commercial things. And don't fecking tell me that Ten Hag would have any say in this, I'm sure he'd want Pogba gone if asked.

Pogba has failed here. He's constantly injured, his prime years are dwindling away and his terrible attitude has made him a toxic presence in the dressing room. Just fecking let him go so we can move on as a club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely this is nonsense? :lol: this club is fecked if we give him a deal, let alone a mega deal

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
The first Ten Hag needs to do if appointed is grab that contract, wipe his arse with it, grab the nearest broom and hand it to Pogba, telling him to clean his new office before asking him to pack his locker and feck off to PSG/Madrid or whatever Galactico project would entertain him and his fat parasite of an agent.

Strong sentiments I know but I'd be livid if we make this charlatan the best paid player in the league.
Hehe.

This.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Arnold couldn't possibly be thick enough to pay this waster that amount of money.

If this turns out to be true its time to accept Manchester Uniteds death as a sporting enterprise

Chripper

I 100% believe it.

I just hope ETH has total influence on transfer and contractual matters, and that he gives orders to pull the plug.

The only thing Paul Pogba cares about is himself, and France.

If memory serves me right, he was playing out of his skin, leading up to what should've been Euro 2020, in order to get on form for France, and to win a move away.

Then Covid struck.

The myth of Paul Pogba is different from reality.

Last edited:

GoldanoGraham

It’s nonsense - just from his camp trying to raise the pay levels with PSG.

He’s gone, checked out months ago…..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I cannot believe we would be that stupid. The guy doesn't fit our system, he hates being here and quite frankly he doesn't deserve that salary. If he signs that contract then expect other players asking similar salaries

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's long been reported that we've offered to renew him around the £400k mark. I suspect the mutiny story is nonsense though.
Why would ETH accept to join the club, with little input on who's to be given a contract renewal ? I know we did it for Bruno recently but that's different since he still had years left. Maybe I'm naive but it doesn't compute to me unless ETH really wants Pogba ??

Classical Mechanic

Why would ETH accept to join the club, with little input on who's to be given a contract renewal ? I know we did it for Bruno recently but that's different since he still had years left. Maybe I'm naive but it doesn't compute to me unless ETH really wants Pogba ??
I think he'd probably be happy to keep Pogba in the squad. I doubt that he cares about the wages. If you can get the best out of Pogba he's a top player. I think most managers would like to at least try to get that out of him and would at least be happy to have someone of his quality on the bench.

hobbers

I think he'd probably be happy to keep Pogba in the squad. I doubt that he cares about the wages. If you can get the best out of Pogba he's a top player. I think most managers would like to at least try to get that out of him and would at least be happy to have someone of his quality on the bench.
Not at the expense of over a quarter of the total wage budget and a load of furious first team players banging down the door.

For a decent bit of quality on the bench who might be fit for every third game. :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Not at the expense of over a quarter of the total wage budget and a load of furious first team players banging down the door.

For a decent bit of quality on the bench who might be fit for every third game. :lol:
That contract offer has been in the press for months. I'm sceptical of that report given that Pogba is supposed to be very popular in the dressing room and given that it isn't new knowledge.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not for that money and a contract renewal of this proportion doesn't happen without impacting the squad. We know we have a sorry set of players, a bunch of leaking drama queens. I'm pretty sure having Pogba, despite being liked as a teammate/friend but ultimately being an undeserving and underperforming of wages of that level, would cause tensions in the dressing room.
I know nothing about ETH but any sane manager would wanna start with a healthy dressing room. Pogba can be popular because of his personality and I'm sure he's a lovely guy but human nature doesn't change at any level, money and jealousy are still the same

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I wouldn’t be surprised if both parties had already agreed to part ways but to wait until the end of the season to avoid the inevitable backlash against Pogba and negativity around the club for having failed to get anything out of their record signing who is now leaving on a free for the second time. I don’t think there is some mega contract sat waiting at United that they are all so eager for him to sign.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Media sure do like to stick the boot into a big team when they are down.
Bet the journalist who wrote it started with a story about 250k being offered to Lingard, then thought, why go small when I can go for the grand prize wind up…. How much would make people really angry and which player winds United fans up most…

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It’s nonsense - just from his camp trying to raise the pay levels with PSG.

He’s gone, checked out months ago…..
If true then I hope that United comes out saying that they had retracted their offer to Pogba because quite frankly he is not good enough to play at a club like ours.

hobbers

That contract offer has been in the press for months. I'm sceptical of that report given that Pogba is supposed to be very popular in the dressing room and given that it isn't new knowledge.
A £400k basic rising to £500k hasn't been written anywhere credible.

Earlier in the season talk of him signing a slightly improved deal was reasonable at least. No one was talking about making him the highest paid player in the league.

Offering someone like Pogba £400k a week would genuinely be the death of the club. Any half decent manager like ETH will realise that. If I were him having just verbally agreed to become the next manager, if the club then sprang this on me I'd be off to Leipzig instead.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If we re-sign Pogba it'll be because Ten Hag wants him in his team

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Arnold couldn't possibly be thick enough to pay this waster that amount of money.

If this turns out to be true its time to accept Manchester Uniteds death as a sporting enterprise
You think it's Arnold making the decisions?
Don't believe the story but if true, it's Joel Glazer's call.

Bestietom

I hope it's not true. Let him off, he won't play under Ten Hag if he performs the way he does anyway.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m sure it’s nonsense but I also suspect that with some encouragement, we would be willing to pay him massive money. But he’s not even a first choice any more, his physical decline has been fairly obvious and he wouldn’t be able or willing to do the things ETH would want him to. Making such a big compromise on one of your first big decisions would be worrying.

But, in reality, the money men at the club will decide whether they want to keep him or otherwise. And you just know that the decision will have very little to do with football.

Craig Ward

If Ten Hag wants to keep Pogba while the club make him the highest paid player in the league he's the complete wrong man for the job.

I know our board are shocking and backwards, but any manager coming in needs a clean slate. Pogba's been here years and frankly stunk the place out. He needs to be the first one out the door.

If ETH wants Pogba then he's made the worst possible start here. I'd completely agree with the reported unrest from other players if this is true. I'd go as far as saying i'd already rule next season off if this is the logic behind another "re-build" of ours

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You guys are the reasons the likes of the mirror and the Sun are still going :lol:

Pogba is off to PSG. Everybody knows it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good luck to ETH trying to get us to press effectively next season with Pogba and Ronaldo. Hopefully this is nonsense and the club has learnt from past mistakes.

hobbers

Negotiates not decides. Joel Glazer micromanages this club.
No he doesn't. A zoom call once every quarter with Woodward and Judge is the opposite of micromanaging.

If you want one man to blame for our hideous record on player contracts, Matt Judge is that guy. He and Woodward are the only ones with input.

saivet

We'd already reportedly offered him circa £350k a week which he may not even get elsewhere. I imagine this is just referring to the same offer that is on the table, rather than us upping our offer which he hasn't accepted nor rejected.

Unless ETH is desperate to have him this doesn't make much sense. Given we have Bruno and assuming ETH will want to use VDB, I'd have thought he wouldn't be too bothered.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I can inly hope it's not true. I don't even want Pogba if he drops his salary to 150k a week, just get out of the club and take all your baggage with you already.

mctrials23

I still think there is about a 60% chance he will be here next season on a bumper new contract. Same with Ronaldo. Neither of them will get paid more elsewhere and this will be Pogbas last big contract. Its comfortable at United.

I don't think Ronaldo has anywhere to go.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His agent is awfully quiet, I'm actually afraid that they realized they won't get a better contract elsewhere.

Hes nowhere as good as 400k a week giving him that amount with no way of shipping him of is asking for trouble.