Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Yeah they've unsurprisingly put a few new forms in. PLA looks more interesting, and nice they'll get Pokemon Home support in 2022.
The 3 starters in PLA has to have new evolution forms considering what they've teased with Growlithe and the others right?!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The 3 starters in PLA has to have new evolution forms considering what they've teased with Growlithe and the others right?!
I don't think so as the professor brought them in from other regions but I don't think we've seen any of them in their evolved forms in PLA so there might be a surprise.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Legends Arceus looks really good, although is it just me or did the textures look terrible in the video?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don't think so as the professor brought them in from other regions but I don't think we've seen any of them in their evolved forms in PLA so there might be a surprise.
That makes sense. It just struck me that all these new forms pokemon basically went extinct that's why we didn't see them in Sinnoh in the main games :lol:

Legends Arceus looks really good, although is it just me or did the textures look terrible in the video?
It's gamefreak, expectations have to be set low when it comes to visuals.

Sara125

This’ll be the first time I’ve pre ordered a Pokemon game. Definitely going for both. I’m so excited :drool:

Sara125

Btw just a heads up there’s an ongoing event for sword & shield til the end of this month. Go into your local GAME store and they’ll give you a free code to (I think) encounter a legendary pokemon.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Started playing Pokemon Unite last month and I was stomping kids in early ranked matches that I felt bad about it. But near Master rank, in soloqueue the game did my head in, you are matched with either team mates that don't know their roles (how did they climb the rank then??) or against a premade team that stomps you because they're 10x more coordinated than a soloque team. How are they matching soloqueue team with premade team, I don't know. The match making is fecking shit. But I love this game, have always wanted Pokemon MOBA.

Havak

Pokemon master
It's really, really good.

I'd suggest playing it and enjoying it for what it is first, but once you have, I'm sure like most people you'd think there is so much they can improve on. If they do that, the future looks promising.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It's really, really good.

I'd suggest playing it and enjoying it for what it is first, but once you have, I'm sure like most people you'd think there is so much they can improve on. If they do that, the future looks promising.
For 2022 is it really though? I just cannot get past how poor the graphics are for a game in 2022. It's just not acceptable.

Havak

Pokemon master
For 2022 is it really though? I just cannot get past how poor the graphics are for a game in 2022. It's just not acceptable.
I'm not quite sure why the graphics are such an issue? As said above, Pokemon hasn't really ever had great graphics. I enjoyed Sword & Shield and Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl as well.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm not quite sure why the graphics are such an issue? As said above, Pokemon hasn't really ever had great graphics. I enjoyed Sword & Shield and Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl as well.
I thought Sword and shield had better graphics. Nonetheless its an enjoyable game and fun dynamics in catching pokemon whilst being rewarded for different methods

LoneStar

I ordered a Switch mainly for Pokémon and Zelda. Even though the Switch is not officially supported in my country and the device comes with no warranty! I have played most gens on an emulator on my phone.

My Switch is coming in tomorrow. Currently going to purchase SwSh, but proper excited for Gen 9! And yes, I know, it’s the same old Pokémon and the devs suck. But I’ll still love it, cause it’s Pokémon!

Unam333

Looks like Gamefreak reverted back to static game mechanics. Shame. So Legend Arceus was indeed an experiment.

Looks ok though, they should really add voice acting in the mainline games. It's getting silly now.

Don't get your hopes up the four players mode will add to the experience. It will be very gimmicky.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why is there a pokemon game or two every year? These guys should focus on producing a proper RPG game. Arceus, whilst enjoyable, lacked in so many aspects.

Havak

Pokemon master
Why is there a pokemon game or two every year? These guys should focus on producing a proper RPG game. Arceus, whilst enjoyable, lacked in so many aspects.
Money.

The Pokemon Company is on a strict schedule. The marketing needs to line up for the toys, cards, anime etc. They're quite restricted in how long they can actually take to develop a particular game. They've branched out a bit more lately to bring us different experiences, but the main games are typically on that three year cycle. What is frustrating, however, is that Pokemon makes so much money that they could definitely increase the size of the development team to produce a much more polished title if they wished.

Unfortunately, the difference in cost of development vs. Increased sales from making a more aesthetically pleasing game would result in less profit (I assume), so it isn't something they'll actively pursue. All of us internet nerds actually make up a minimal percentage of people who buy the games. It just seems like we have the bigger voice because it's the only one we see. 90%~ of the sales are still kids (parents buying who have no clue) and people who don't bother to go complaining online about how nice the trees look.

Regardless, Scarlet and Violet will have been in development alongside Legends Arceus or maybe even a lot of the development before it. They took a risk with Legends to see what we thought, but realistically with them making the games at the same time, they didn't want to go 'all-in' on something that might not have been well received.

These games are actually far closer to Legends Arceus than I thought they'd be. I was expecting them to be much closer to Sword & Shield.

Last edited: