POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ottosec

I really like him, but i don't think his style suits our needs.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I've heard reports that Woody wanted Mourinho in 2013 instead of Moyes. Seeing as he's now firmly boss, it may be the case where others have to convince him why he shouldnt hire him, and suggest a suitable alternative.

I dont think Sir Bobby will have much of a say in this appointment, and Fergie and Mourinho are buddy buddy such that I cant see him actively vetoing it.

Think this has a chance of happening.

Acole9

Outstanding
People have been moaning we play crap football under van Gaal, it'll be even worse under Mourinho. If we were to appoint him it would make no sense at all, why sack a manager who's 4th for one who was more likely to pick up three points for speeding than three points in a football match.

NinjaFletch

People have been moaning we play crap football under van Gaal, it'll be even worse under Mourinho. If we were to appoint him it would make no sense at all, why sack a manager who's 4th for one who was more likely to pick up three points for speeding than three points in a football match.
No it won't.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What makes you think that? The fans are craving for our old attacking style back, Mourinho is a defensive minded manager.
No he isn't, Mourinho plays attacking football against most teams, he is just a coward against big teams.

NinjaFletch

What makes you think that? The fans are craving for our old attacking style back, Mourinho is a defensive minded manager.
Because I can't honestly think of a manager that wold have us playing less boring football than we currently are.

Mourinho might not be the the most exciting manager around, but his Chelsea side played better stuff than anything we have under Van Gaal.

His Madrid sides really weren't bad to watch, either.

Member 5225

Just a reminder of our 'swashbuckling amazing football' under SAF post 2000s was only really for 1 maybe 2 seasons... #justsayin

prarek

Just a reminder of our 'swashbuckling amazing football' under SAF post 2000s was only really for 1 maybe 2 seasons... #justsayin
Tbf a lot of people weren't happy with the style of football in SAF's final seasons that gave birth to 'slow static zombie passing'.

Zoo

Those were the 'no value' years and SAF was near to finishing. So it's understandable.

Acole9

Outstanding
Let's not forget this guy sold Mata, De Bruyne and Lukaku who have all gone on to perform well.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
100% yes. I actually like LVG and don't think he deserves the sack but if he does go I'd much rather get Mourinho than Guardiola.

Effective yet expansive football vs the minnows and defensive, counter-attacking football vs the top sides. Essentially the same as SAF in his final 3-4 years at United.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I hope Jose hasn't got his phone on silent, I've got a feeling he may have a few missed calls from woodward.

Bow down to our new messiah Jose mourinho.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
100% yes. I actually like LVG and don't think he deserves the sack but if he does go I'd much rather get Mourinho than Guardiola.

Effective yet expansive football vs the minnows and defensive, counter-attacking football vs the top sides. Essentially the same as SAF in his final 3-4 years at United.
Not this season. They've been much worse than us.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Do we have a chance in getting Pep?
If not, then yes, I'd go for for Jose (Hate the guy these days, but he does get results (Not this season :lol:))

Jose could come in right away. If we was to get Pep, we either stick with LvG or give Giggs a chance... Both not ideal for me

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Let's not forget this guy sold Mata, De Bruyne and Lukaku who have all gone on to perform well.
Must have missed the part where Mata played well? KdB is the only one he should have kept and personally I think developed more by going to a smaller side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we can't bring in Ancelotti then feck it, bring in mourinho. Anyone, even Giggs, would be an improvement on van Gaal at the moment.

dannyrhinos89

Not this season. They've been much worse than us.

Only because of the pathetic ego of players at chelsea, you could argue its Mourinhos fault ultimately nevertheless the players are paid handsomely to do their job and they werent committed at all.

Player power has never been more obvious, chelsea fans love mourinho and have taken to booing said players.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Did you miss the 10 seasons before that of Mourinho being one of the best coaches in the world?
Never one of the most entertaining though. Being one of the best doesn't prove you right about his teams playing exciting football.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Only because of the pathetic ego of players at chelsea, you could argue its Mourinhos fault ultimately nevertheless the players are paid handsomely to do their job and they werent committed at all.

Player power has never been more obvious, chelsea fans love mourinho and have taken to booing said players.
How come the Chelsea players are blamed for this season, but last season Chelsea winning the title was Mourinho's achievement.

The **** of Mourinho is ludicrous.

Minimalist

Pretty sure Mourinho has a preference for athletes. That would be an improvement over certain players out there.

NinjaFletch

Never one of the most entertaining though. Being one of the best doesn't prove you right about his teams playing exciting football.
Did you read the post I was replying to?

I didn't say that I thought Mourinho's teams played exciting football, although, tbf, they have at times, I said they wouldn't be worse than this.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Did you read the post I was replying to?

I didn't say that I thought Mourinho's teams played exciting football, although, tbf, they have at times, I said they wouldn't be worse than this.
Yeah, the post you were replying to said Mourinho would have Utd playing even worse football than van Gaal. You disagreed...

dannyrhinos89

Yep.

Not heard any booing from Chelsea fans at games for players or manager.

Did you not hear the line ups?

The chelsea fans booed Costa, Fabregas and ivanovic names when the announcer read it out, charlie Nicholas (who's doing the game on SS) said there's banner in the stadium with Costa, Fabregas and hazards name on and it calls them the 3 rats. Plus the fans haven't stopped chanting mourinhos name too.

Woodzy

I think he could thrive here. One of his biggest problems at a lot of clubs has been too much interference from the board.

Thing is, some of our board probably hate the idea of him being our manager.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Did you not hear the line ups?

The chelsea fans booed Costa, Fabregas and ivanovic names when the announcer read it out, charlie Nicholas (who's doing the game on SS) said there's banner in the stadium with Costa, Fabregas and hazards name on and it calls them the 3 rats. Plus the fans haven't stopped chanting mourinhos name too.
Today? No, I've been watching our game.

NinjaFletch

Yeah, the post you were replying to said Mourinho would have Utd playing even worse football than van Gaal. You disagreed...
I know schooling in Liverpool is a bit shit, but surely you can understand the concept of a comparison?

In comparison to the football we've played under LVG, Mourinho would be an improvement. Thats not to say that Mourinho's sides play good football, just that they play better football than this.

Thats all I've said on the matter.