POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Today? No, I've been watching our game.

Yeah today vs Sunderland the fans gave certain players hell before the game and have chanted mourinho name all the way through. The banner and calling them rats is taking it too far though imo but It's very clear which side the chelsea fans are on.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I know schooling in Liverpool is a bit shit, but surely you can understand the concept of a comparison?

In comparison to the football we've played under LVG, Mourinho would be an improvement. Thats not to say that Mourinho's sides play good football, just that they play better football than this.

Thats all I've said on the matter.
And again, like I said, have you not seen Chelsea this season? They've been worse.

There's no guarantee that Mourinho will have you playing better football...quite the opposite.

NinjaFletch

And again, like I said, have you not seen Chelsea this season? They've been worse.

There's no guarantee that Mourinho will have you playing better football...quite the opposite.
And, like I said to you before, you do realise that Mourinho has been managing longer than 6 months?

Do you not think that Klopp should be your manager then?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
And like, I said to you before, you do realise that Mourinho has been managing longer than 6 months?

Do you not think that Klopp should be your manager then?
Klopp has a history of good football. Mourinho has a history of successful football...not exciting football.

If people didn't want Mourinho because they don't think he plays good football they're well within their right, that's not a new development in the last 6 months.

Woodzy

Get him in by the new year and give him £50m-£100m to spend and he will guarantee us top 4 - something that looks increasingly unlikely under LvG.

NinjaFletch

Klopp has a history of good football. Mourinho has a history of successful football...not exciting football.

If people didn't want Mourinho because they don't think he plays good football they're well within their right, that's not a new development in the last 6 months.
I don't know if you're being obtuse or you're being dense.

We'll try it a third time. The only thing I've said about Mourinho's football is that it is not worse than what we currently get. For some reason, you seem to think thats an opinion that is incorrect based on 6 months of evidence. When I point out that Mourinho has been a manager for longer than the past six months, you then forget that I'm not arguing that Mourinho's sides play exciting football, just that its more exciting that this football.

It's like arguing with a goldfish.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I don't know if you're being obtuse or you're being dense.

We'll try it a third time. The only thing I've said about Mourinho's football is that it is not worse than what we currently get. For some reason, you seem to think thats an opinion that is incorrect based on 6 months of evidence. When I point out that Mourinho has been a manager for longer than the past six months, you then forget that I'm not arguing that Mourinho's sides play exciting football, just that its more exciting that this football.

It's like arguing with a goldfish.
Well, generally it's better than what Utd play at the minute.

The problem is you're comparing Mourinho's average level of football (rather than over the last six months) against van Gaal's level of football over the last six months.

That's pretty bloody stupid. Be consistent and Mourinho doesn't look so favourable.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
You'de have to be an idiot to not want Mourinho over LVG at the moment.

NinjaFletch

The problem is you're comparing Mourinho's average level of football (rather than over the last six months) against van Gaal's level of football over the last six months.

That's pretty bloody stupid. Be consistent and Mourinho doesn't look so favourable.
Well unless you seem to think that we're talking about Mourinho taking over from Van Gaal at Ajax in the 90s I fail to see what van Gaal's history has to do with it. Obviously, the only thing relevant to that discussion is Van Gaals record here where he has pretty consistently delivered dog-shit football.

The only thing that is relevant is Van Gaal's time at United, to argue anything else is just bizarre.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Well unless you seem to think that we're talking about Mourinho taking over from Van Gaal at Ajax in the 90s I fail to see what van Gaal's history has to do with it. Obviously, the only thing relevant to that discussion is Van Gaals record here where he has pretty consistently delivered dog-shit football.

The only thing that is relevant is Van Gaal's time at United, to argue anything else is just bizarre.
You're being utterly illogical in your argument here. How on earth is only van Gaal's recent football relevant, but Mourinho's entire career is relevant rather than just the last 6 months?

Some people will do anything to defend their **** leader.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think he'll be a United manager by the end of the month.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Get him, get him quick. In time for Chelsea home game.

Stringer

You're being utterly illogical in your argument here. How on earth is only van Gaal's recent football relevant, but Mourinho's entire career is relevant rather than just the last 6 months?

We haven't have played good football under Van Gaal since he joined and his Netherlands side were dreadful to watch as well. That is a substantially longer period than six months.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
We haven't have played good football under Van Gaal since he joined and his Netherlands side were dreadful to watch as well. That is a substantially longer period than six months.
You were good in spells last season. Just like Chelsea.

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
I've changed my vote. I am ready for Jose. I want a passionate manager and fine nights in Europe again.

NinjaFletch

:lol:

Christ alive, give me the goldfish. It would be more fun to talk to.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Its been crap for 18 months bar Spurs H Liverpool A City H last season. We finished 4th when we should have got 2nd last season. We totally bottled 2nd place and we all forgot it pretty quickly because of the joy of CL returning. We lost three in a row after the brief good spell. Looking back it really was an average season saved by a few good games and Spurs and Pool being poor.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I desperately wanted him to take over after SAF. My opinion of him as the most capable manager in current world football has not changed, despite what transpired at Chelsea this season.

I've been sympathetic to LVG since he joined and remain so. But if we are to make a go of winning the title, we have to get out of this sloppy form straight away.

As he is available, I'd get Mourinho in on Monday morning, give him £100m in the Janaury sales and start afresh.

Feck it - lest just be done with it.

Hojoon

You were good in spells last season. Just like Chelsea.
We were good for 5 matches. Chelsea were good for 5 months.

Think he'll be our manager before the end of the month. Not my first choice, but we're in a desperate situation.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Dont think Mourinho will see the sideline in any moment soon. He will take the year to recover and come back fresh next season.
His agent has already said that Mourinho is not seeking any break from football.

Bojan11

Its been crap for 18 months bar Spurs H Liverpool A City H last season. We finished 4th when we should have got 2nd last season. We totally bottled 2nd place and we all forgot it pretty quickly because of the joy of CL returning. We lost three in a row after the brief good spell. Looking back it really was an average season saved by a few good games and Spurs and Pool being poor.
No.

It has been crap for 2 years if you include Moyes era.