POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddy_JukeZ

His disastrous season at Chelsea raises serious question marks.

A resounding no.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
No for me. Looks like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown. He needs some time away from football, and we can't deal with anymore drama at the moment...

ravi2

Our manager shortlist should look like this:

1) Pep
2) Ancelotti
3) Jose

C'mon Woodward.

Loon

:lol:
Is this his Brian Clough at Leeds moment or has the mojo gone for good? I have no idea, but it was a cool thing to say, eh?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wouldn't.

However, if we let proven quality managers (Pep, Ancelotti, Klopp) join our rivals when we know our manager only has one more year left here...

Which managers are left? Plus we *know* Mourinho would want the job...

We're in a bad way if it gets that far but if the choice cones down to Mourinho v Giggs...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Very surprised at the responses I must say.

I'd definitely have Jose here.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Don't know, the right time would have been back in 2013 when Fergie retired. Maybe in a couple of years from now... But, if Pep ends up at City, it would be intriguing to have this rivalry here in Manchester. Anyway, i don't think he would want to come here, right now, either. Last time he got the sack at Chelsea, he made the right choice by going to Inter. Piss poor league that he could easily dominate at the time and then focus on winning the CL. More than half a decade later, he and PSG seem like they are made for each other. Good life in Paris, as in Milan, easy league and a good set of players that he can lead far in the Champions League and get some of his stardust back.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Hell no,X% voted yes just shows how much full of shit football fans are. Smacking LvG for this and that ...United way etc. and then you have that % voting yes for a man who couldnt give rat`s ass for youth,nor he knows how,nor he has balls to trust those young players. But hey he wins things in that moment of time,what leaves behind seems not important.
Chelsea have had 7 or 8 managers in the last 10 years. How many good youth players have they brought through? You can't say that about Jose and ignore the other 7 managers. John Terry is the only good youth player Chelsea have brought through in the last 15 years. That's not Joses fault is it.

We shouldn't want Ancelotti then too as he doesn't bring young players through also.

How many players from the youth team at Real Madrid have moved to the main team? Carvajal only. What is Jose supposed to do? The rest aren't good enough. In the last 12 years Madrid have had countless managers yet Casilas and Raul were the only consistent youth products.

C'est Moi Cantona

Conte? What's he done to warrant a place on the list?
Other than winning the Serie A three years running and building a great squad nothing much, not saying he wouldn't be a risk but rather him than Simeone (most people's third choice) personally.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's LvG's apprentice who's surpassed his mentor. Probably has a bigger ego than LvG.

Everything has to be about himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I swear I've seen this poll made about three times now.

Dominos

Nope. This is what I posted in the Mourinho thread in football forum.

This is the 2nd job in a row he's managed to fall out with half his squad by the looks of it. The last 6 years he's won 2 league titles, which is good obviously but earlier in his career he won 6 out of a possible 7 - he's definitely lost some of his aura of undoubted and consistent success. He's become more and more volatile both with the media and his players. I wouldn't want him here when he seems to be in process of a complete meltdown, there will be other options.

Bojan11

Nope. This is what I posted in the Mourinho thread in football forum.

This is the 2nd job in a row he's managed to fall out with half his squad by the looks of it. The last 6 years he's won 2 league titles, which is good obviously but earlier in his career he won 6 out of a possible 7 - he's definitely lost some of his aura of undoubted and consistent success. He's become more and more volatile both with the media and his players. I wouldn't want him here when he seems to be in process of a complete meltdown, there will be other options.
You forgot 3 of those years he was up against the greatest club team in history. Even Fergie would have struggled, if they were in our league.

He's the only manager who has won a league against a Guardiola managed team. People need to give him credit for that league title. Real Madrid in the last 10 years haven't won many leagues.

Dominos

You forgot 3 of those years he was up against the greatest club team in history. Even Fergie would have struggled, if they were in our league.

He's the only manager who has won a league against a Guardiola managed team. People need to give him credit for that league title. Real Madrid in the last 10 years haven't won many leagues.
I've not forgot - he's shown over a 6 year period at 2 different clubs he's unable to match the success he achieved earlier in his career. They were only really in the peak of their cycle in 10/11. In Mourinho's last season Barca didn't even have a manager for most the season, and got embarrassed in the CL. And the manner he left Madrid (with half the squad hating him) is more what I'm looking at anyway. Can't really give him excuses for his time at Chelsea. In years gone by he'd be looking at winning 3 out of 3, he's not had any great teams to compete against, whereas right now he's taking them towards relegation.

Bojan11

I've not forgot - he's shown over a 6 year period at 2 different clubs he's unable to match the success he achieved earlier in his career. They were only really in the peak of their cycle in 10/11. In Mourinho's last season Barca didn't even have a manager for most the season, and got embarrassed in the CL. Can't really give him excuses for his time at Chelsea. In years gone by he'd be looking at winning 3 out of 3, he's not had any great teams to compete against, whereas right now he's taking them towards relegation.
You can.

In his first year at Chelsea he had no striker. If they had one they would have won the league.

Also you really like to discredit him, but no he got 100 points in the Spanish league whilst Barca got 91 points. His team outscored Barca too.

You should give him credit for that rather than trying to put down his achievement by saying Barca were only at their peak in 10/11.

Dominos

You can.

In his first year at Chelsea he had no striker. If they had one they would have won the league.

Also you really like to discredit him, but no he got 100 points in the Spanish league whilst Barca got 91 points. His team outscored Barca too.

You should give him credit for that rather than trying to put down his achievement by saying Barca were only at their peak in 10/11.
I didn't discredit him here's what my original post said

The last 6 years he's won 2 league titles, which is good obviously
It's got to a point where the fact that he falls out with his players and creates a complete circus through the media is enough of a reason not to want him. If he still maintained the success he had earlier in his career, then you may have to overlook the fact he's such a volatile character, but his success is dwindling - he no longer guarantees unparalleled success based on his record.

I've been quite the fan of Mourinho. I was fuming when it appeared we'd opted for Moyes instead of him.

Bojan11

I didn't discredit him here's what my original post said

It's got to a point where the fact that he falls out with his players and creates a complete circus through the media is enough of a reason not to want him. If he still maintained the success he had earlier in his career, then you may have to overlook the fact he's such a volatile character, but his success is dwindling - he no longer guarantees unparalleled success based on his record.

I've been quite the fan of Mourinho. I was fuming when it appeared we'd opted for Moyes instead of him.
How many managers at Real Madrid and Chelsea have fallen out with the players over the years? Ancelotti is the only one who sticks out that hasn't had a falling out.

It's not just happened to Jose you know. AVB, Scholari and Benitez had falling out with players at Chelsea.

In both those clubs player power seems to rule as you'd seen with the amount of managers both have gone through.

Tarrou

I'd rather Pep or Carlo if it was up to me. If it was a choice between Jose, LVG or Giggs though, I'd probably take Mourinho at this point.

red_devil83

He's just too much of a bell end to be allowed to manage United. There's a line of decency and he frequently crosses it. 5th choice at best.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
If Pep and Carlo aren't available then yes, actually I'd take him over Carlo. He's a proven winner, we really should have gotten him after SAF.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What would be interesting to know is how many people wanted him in 2013 and also if people have changed their opinion of him in the last two years. I for example didn't want Jose back then and even though the last three years have been miserable for us I don't want him even now. But I am sure there are a few people who probably didn't want him earlier but having gone through Moyes plus lvg would happily take him now.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I voted no last time we had this poll (in the summer I think it was) and that was when he'd just won the league. This season has just confirmed my concerns that he's a short term manager.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Is this his Brian Clough at Leeds moment or has the mojo gone for good? I have no idea, but it was a cool thing to say, eh?
No not at all

Clough only had 2 months with Leeds and it was a disaster from start to finish and the fans hated him day one

It was nothing to do with football that he failed