POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Manchester United fans are deluded, when MU will win the league this season everything will be forgotten. I've criticised LVG before but I now believe that he is the way to go.
its deluded to think we are going to win the league this season

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Manchester United fans are deluded, when MU will win the league this season everything will be forgotten. I've criticised LVG before but I now believe that he is the way to go.
If we did somehow manage to win the league this season, then it is a joke and will only be because we have been the best of what obviously turned out to be a very bad bunch. It'd change nothing for me, because I'm not willing to bet that all the other teams don't improve for next year.

In reality, I fully expect that most, if not all, of the teams currently above us will accrue more points than us from here until the end of the season. I'm not confident that we'll make the top 4 at all.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Reading a chelsea forum, they seem a little concerned by the idea and what he could do with proper backing.
I'm starting to really hope this happens.
but it's the hope that kills you.

saivet

A. He doesn't play good football.

B. He doesn't give youth a chance.

C. He'll likely embarrass himself and the club at some point with his paranoid conspiracy theories, especially when coming up against Pep at City , who he hates.

D. We'll be competitive for a year or two but he will leave behind a mess and self implode at some point.

Its like fecking a whore. You may enjoy it while you are having sex, but more than likely youll regret it later on.

Unfortunately though I dont think we have left ourselves with too many options. Beggers can't be choosy. If a 35 year old virgin had a chance to shag a whore, hed probably take it.
I honestly struggle to understand this point. To me, it's only really applicable to Chelsea this season. And this supposed mess he's left them in, I'm sure they will recover next season.

Bojan11

This story goes round and around. It's pretty tedious. I can't stand LVG but it would stupid to make a change at this time. Summer is a different issue, big hopes reserved for then.
Why would it be stupid?

We'd more likely qualify for champions league by making a change.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Why you upset?

If Mata was actually performing I would be upset like Chelsea fans were. As he was the best player for Chelsea. He's not come close to that form for us.
LvG has just started playing him in his best position. He was great last match and will only get better through being played there imo.

Ixion

Must be something in it then. Going to get awkward for Van Gaal.

Bojan11

LvG has just started playing him in his best position. He was great last match and will only get better through being played there imo.
No he hasn't.

Rooney was out for some period and Mata flattered to deceive in that period.

Should create a new thread for the BBC link.

Summit

No he hasn't.

Rooney was out for some period and Mata flattered to deceive in that period.

Should create a new thread for the BBC link.
I can't remember a period where he's played behind the striker for us? I'll just take your word for it.

Mister_Stubbs

Depends if, like Pellegrini he has been briefed on what is to happen until the summer and been given till the rest of the season where he'll resign.

saivet

The BBC are involved. Looks pretty clear that unless something radically changes in the thinking of either party, Mourinho will be replace LVG whether that be soon are at the end of the season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would I love to see Mourinho here? Yes of course however... He's at a pretty big stage of his career now, he defied the odds at Porto, really made his name at Chelsea, heightened his reputation by winning the lot with Inter but since then... Didn't set the world alight with Real, had a good half a season with Chelsea which was enough to win the league before obviously his worst spell as a manager ever - basically it's been a while now since he's done anything to truly live up to his reputation as being the best in the world

Summit

Maybe lock this one, as there is another poll in the BBC thread @Damien created.

Revan

Assumptionman
Guy gets fired for doing a poor job and few months later lands the best job in the market :lol:
'Guy' is the most successful active manager, in addition to being one of the best managers of all time.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
A situation of Mouriniho at United and Pep at City could put the Premier League back on the map in Europe within the next few years.

This Summer could see a similar catalyst to a power shift that we saw in 2009, when Ronaldo went to Spain and it was the whole Ronaldo v Messi thing that still persists today obviously.

Bojan11

A situation of Mouriniho at United and Pep at City could put the Premier League back on the map in Europe within the next few years.

This Summer could see a similar catalyst to a power shift that we saw in 2009, when Ronaldo went to Spain and it was the whole Ronaldo v Messi thing that still persists today obviously.
I wouldn't go that far.

Barca, Madrid and Bayern still have way superior squads. Unless we signing players from them it will be hard to get up to their standard in one year.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I wouldn't go that far.

Barca, Madrid and Bayern still have way superior squads. Unless we signing players from them it will be hard to get up to their standard in one year.
Never said in one year. The same way it took Real Madrid 3 years on from signing Ronaldo to go further than United in the Champions League, then it became regular they were in the semi-finals.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Might already know. Given the various reports that he had offered to resign at various points over Christmas it could be that they asked him to stay on until the Mourinho deal was sorted, maybe until the summer.

Stretford End Phil

Why would it be stupid?

We'd more likely qualify for champions league by making a change.
Because it's taken this long to get a few decent results and the side to playing properly. With our delicate flowers it would be stupid to tinker now. There is no suggestion that Maureen would bring unqualified success and certainly not after his early season performance. in fact it's much the same risk keeping LVG to the end of the season - although it hurts to admit to it.

Sir A1ex

I never voted in this originally because it made no sense as a yes/no when Pep and Klopp were still options. The answer was "not ideally, I want those guys".

Now they aren't, it's a bit more clear cut. I'm not totally sure he's my first choice, but I'll happily take him so voting yes.

Dong Fangzhuo

Changed my vote from no to yes. Have always been firmly in the against camp, and am still not thrilled about the idea, but this is what LvG has done to me. Plus, if reports are to be believed that it's a straight choice between Mourinho and Giggs, it's a no brainer.

dmode

Oh come on! Don't tell me that Maureen will solve all Manchester United problems? It surprises me how many stupid people on Redcafe has joined that bandwagon.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Anyone thinking he'll get us playing great football and carrying on our youth system etc etc, will be gravely mistaken. I seem to recall loads of moaners about how chelsea played when they won the league, yet now most of those people have jumped on the bandwagon.