[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I get the love for Pocchetino, but we shouldn't forget that he's managed Spurs without any real pressure and of course he hasn't won a single trophy.

If we want trophies, it might be wise to bring in someone who's actually won trophies (such as three CL trophies), put out an attractive brand of football doing so and has unsurpassed credibility.

I'm not sure Pocchetino would want to leave an ideal situation with Spurs to take on this challenge, anyway.
This is my thoughts as well. Spurs have better players than us at present. Not in every position.

Bojan11

This is my thoughts as well. Spurs have better players than us at present. Not in every position.
But Potch wants to go that extra mile and win trophies. He ain’t doing that with the transfer budget at Spurs even with all the good players. The squad ain’t deep enough.

Negan

Other - Blanc.

Should get the job till the end of the season and if he performs well, give it to him permanently.

Negan

I want Poch. We've tried managers who have decorated histories, and it hasnt worked out well. Maybe someone who hasn't won anything will be hungrier to prove themselves, and therefore deliver
Like Moyes, you mean...

Red_toad

I want Poch. We've tried managers who have decorated histories, and it hasnt worked out well. Maybe someone who hasn't won anything will be hungrier to prove themselves, and therefore deliver
Was Moyes not hungry? Had he not won jack shit before joining United? And what exactly did he deliver?

Just sayin...

Red_toad

Diego Simeone is by a mile the best candidate if he wants the job then it should be his. But whoever get's the job they are going to need a lot of money to vastly rebuild the squad.
He doesn't play attacking football, but he'd probably be the best coach for this squad. Club have stated it'll be an attacking coach, so that's pretty much will not be him.

Pagh Wraith

Allegri if you want the best manager in the world.

Pochettino if you want someone who knows the league.

Doubt either of them is available any time soon.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'm amazed at the number of people around here who think the identity of the manager is the main issue here. The problem is how the owners have structured the club. Until that changes, nothing else will.

JPB

why is everyone saying Pochettino? This amazing attacking football that he supposedly plays, i don't even see it. it's a myth.

dove

He doesn't play attacking football, but he'd probably be the best coach for this squad. Club have stated it'll be an attacking coach, so that's pretty much not be him.
I am 100% convinced that people who vote for Simeone have never actually seen Atletico match as there is no other explanation.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm amazed at the number of people around here who think the identity of the manager is the main issue here. The problem is how the owners have structured the club. Until that changes, nothing else will.
Yeah right. It's the manager. This club thing is just an excuse.

Red Stone

I get the love for Pocchetino, but we shouldn't forget that he's managed Spurs without any real pressure and of course he hasn't won a single trophy.

If we want trophies, it might be wise to bring in someone who's actually won trophies (such as three CL trophies), put out an attractive brand of football doing so and has unsurpassed credibility.

I'm not sure Pocchetino would want to leave an ideal situation with Spurs to take on this challenge, anyway.
We don't need trophies in the short term. We need a manager that knows how to implement an attacking style of play and build an actual team. The trophies come afterwards. There is no instant solution to the mess the club is in right now.

Pep didn't win anything in his first season at City, and he had a better squad at his disposal than we currently do, but he's made the right signings (at a ludicrous price, but it's not like we've not spent shitloads on flops at the same time) and has implemented his style of play to the point where they look unstoppable in the league. Klopp has yet to win a trophy at Liverpool, but any old fool could tell you they're on the right track and arguably closer to the league title than they've been in the last 25 years.

Pochettino has done a great job at Spurs and has them firmly in the top four every season. He's the right man for what we need right now, which is a long term plan and some fecking progress, instead of hiring some boring feck every two or three years who spends billions, wins an insignificant cup and then runs himself into the mud and has the entire playing staff and 90% of the fan base hating his guts before getting shitcanned.

Davs

Poch please.

He's recently signed that new contract though. Also, we all know how hard it is to obtain players from Spurs, never mind their boss. Although he's my #1 preference I feel he may be unobtainable.

Red_toad

Club have let it be known there will be a football director, so the change is incoming, like the next manager. It isn't amazing that fans are getting giddy about major changes at the club...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
David Anderson of the Daily Mirror saying we don't want Zidane and are gonna wait for Pocchettino.

dutchred

Diego Simeone is by a mile the best candidate if he wants the job then it should be his. But whoever get's the job they are going to need a lot of money to vastly rebuild the squad.
Diego is a very defensive manager. We want a more attack minded manager

AlwaysRed66

Wenger as Interim manager, then going to DOF in the summer, with Poch becoming permanent manager would be good for me.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I am 100% convinced that people who vote for Simeone have never actually seen Atletico match as there is no other explanation.
This. Hilarious that people complain about the style of play and yet want Simeone to be our next manager.

IrishGlen

Simeone doesn't play the right football and also has signed a lot of players who wouldn't necessarily get work permits in England.
Who are you referring to? José Giménez and Correa? In 6 years of transfer business and about 30 incomings during that time.

stu_1992

Mauricio Pochettino is the outstanding manager for getting someone close to the traditions of our club. We've tried the "guaranteed success" route, it didn't work. Let's get back to what we're about and hope success comes that way. A big effort needs to be made for him in the summer.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Even if Simeone was the literally the only available option I would never want him here.
Absolute clown, they play hideous football and they can barely score goals with Griezmann and Costa up top, I’m scared to think what he would do with Rashford and Lukaku.

Just no, feck the potential trophies, there’s very little joy in winning in that way for me.

Prongsy

I'd love Zidane. simply because since we are fecking around with likes of Di Maria, and not using them well, it bothers me way too much that we've become this deplorable club that can't really make a world class player play to his potential week in week out. if we get Zidane, I can at least count on that matter to fix.

would it fix united? I dont know. would it be cheap? maybe. what do we lose in going for him right now? I dont know. Let Agent P do this thaaaaaaaing.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Pochettino if we don't hire a director of football

Eddie Howe if we do

fallengt

Was Moyes not hungry? Had he not won jack shit before joining United? And what exactly did he deliver?

Just sayin...
He was not. He spent first 2-3 weeks as United manager with his family in a sunny beach instead of addressing the squad, then fired old coaching staff when he came back. He thought he could just hop in a giant club, do whatever and things would go smoothly something.

Post Fergie, some people had this "I did it" attitude when they finally joined United but little they knew it was the real test for them. Moyes was one of them, he was a fecking idiot.

Also no one rated Moyes as tactical genius ever. Most Caf posters who supported him because Fergie said so.

Red_toad

Cup trophies can't be compared to the league. Anyway you know yourself how different Moyes and Poch are in standing.
Sir Alex and Gill picked Moyes. I'd say they know far more about standing in the game than the Caf. Failed spectacularly, but the endorsement was second to none.

Regardless of anything I don't see the club giving Jose £18 million severance, then paying Levi to break Pochs 6 year deal. Poch could be a good choice for the club, he ticks a lot of boxes, but hes no nailed on winner of trophies and would come at a huge cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.