g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leet

Honestly, I'm not sure who can fix us or if there's any patience left within fans (whoever comes will need some time to implement his own system) .

Poch seems like the best choice but I don't he'll leave his 'comfort zone'.

Cal?

CR7 fan
David Anderson of the Daily Mirror saying we don't want Zidane and are gonna wait for Pocchettino.
Given the track record of the Mirror, that's a good thing for those of us who want Zidane.

Minkaro

I reckon we should give it to Gary Neville, then sack him the next day. Just to really annoy him.

ObieDeMoon

I would like to see Ryan Giggs given a proper chance. I don't think he would make an immediate impact but is capable of building a real united team given time.

I would also be open to Soskjaer... Or maybe he could be Giggs's assistant coach?

I know just because Pep and Zidane had success managing 'their' clubs doesn't mean we will but I would like to see the job given to an ex united player.

Also Ryan is young enough to stay here and grow here as a manager as he did as a player.... Just my opinion.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Poch. I wanna see the Spurs fans go mental.

IrishGlen

I am 100% convinced that people who vote for Simeone have never actually seen Atletico match as there is no other explanation.
No no come on entertaining football doesn’t have to be 90 minutes gung ho “attack, attack, attack”. To some people defensively sound counter attacking football is entertaining especially in the bigger games.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If we get Pochettino it would seem like I predicted the future :).

No doubt I have always wanted Pochettino, but I don’t see what will attract him to quit Spurs and come to United if Spurs is in the champion league and we are in the Europa league beside a crazy amount of money, total control of his team and management decisions, and assurance that he can build a new project for the next five or six years without fear of getting the axe.

Pochettino is comfortable at Spurs and it will take a very confident man and a person who likes to take risk to come here.

Zidane is available and I believe that is where United might look. If not then they will try Allegri.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This. Hilarious that people complain about the style of play and yet want Simeone to be our next manager.
To be fair most people were tolerant of our style of play when we were winning matches. And to some extent probably would be again if we actually started delivering.

Easy to forget, but a couple of years ago/last year when Mourinho first came in, people regularly took the piss out of Pochettino's Spurs for being pleasing on the eye but being unable to deliver when it came to trophies. The complaints were always a bit daft because Pochettino was doing superbly (and still is) considering the resources he's had while there, but it's intriguing to see how our own fortunes has completely transformed the narrative regarding him. A counterargument to that would be his consistency in getting Spurs into the top four has vanished earlier doubts, but even in last season's semi-final in the FA Cup people were branding him and his team spineless for losing yet another big game.

Again - I don't necessarily agree with such assessments, and would take Pochettino here in an instant, but at the same time fans typically want what they don't currently have. Our moaning about the playing style was primarily dominated by the fact we weren't getting results either - even last season that was partially the case, because while we technically had an alright season we ultimately didn't win anything. If Pochettino comes in, automatically ups the bar but doesn't win the league, and then leads us to a series of third/fourth place finishes while playing lovely football and not winning any trophies, you'll see fans demanding a ruthless winner again.

Fingeredmouse

No no come on entertaining football doesn’t have to be 90 minutes gung ho “attack, attack, attack”. To some people defensively sound counter attacking football is entertaining especially in the bigger games.
He is particularly defensive.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sir Alex and Gill picked Moyes. I'd say they know far more about standing in the game than the Caf. Failed spectacularly, but the endorsement was second to none.

Regardless of anything I don't see the club giving Jose £18 million severance, then paying Levi to break Pochs 6 year deal. Poch could be a good choice for the club, he ticks a lot of boxes, but hes no nailed on winner of trophies and would come at a huge cost.
No one is nailed on. You gotta take a risk be it serial winners like Mourinho or fresh faces like Zidane (when Madrid appointed him)

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I just want to watch a team that don't make me want to scoop my eyeballs out from frustration. Who's the best fit for that?

Canagel

Jardim ticks all the boxes. And he'll know exactly how to bring through the likes of Greenwood, Chong, Gomes etc given that he won the league in France with 18 years old Mbappe leading the line

Last edited:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Club have let it be known there will be a football director, so the change is incoming, like the next manager. It isn't amazing that fans are getting giddy about major changes at the club...
But are they? The DoF could follow the same structure as Woodward - essentially putting the commercial values ahead of the football ones. If so, not that much changes. For example, we target young players with a high resale value or big names at the end of their contracts. Will that now become subsidiary to squad structure?

SteveTheRed

Some pansy manager who will massage the ego of our players and never criticise them .

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The source of Portugal is unusual but the context makes sense. Unsure what to truly believe.

fallengt

Nagelsmann is probably next best thing after Pep and Tuchel.
Doubt he'll leave Germany though. Also he has agreed to be manager of Leipzig next season.

worldinmotion66

Forget about the household names, we need to be thinking about the next tactical master instead of going after managers that just aren't interested, are too old, or are already established at better clubs.

I'd go for Ajax's Erik Ten Hag:
- High defensive line
- High pressing
- Attacking full backs
- Possession based
- Creative & attacking

He's heavily influenced by Guardiola as well as the Ajax total football philosophy. He's 48 years old, has decent experience but is still young in managerial terms. He may also be able to bring a player or two with him (De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech, Dolberg).

Their last 5 league results:
W 8-0
W 4-1
W 5-1
W 3-0
W 7-1

They've also drawn home and away vs Bayern this season, who despite struggling a bit this season, are still a good side with much higher resources.

Last edited:

Pagh Wraith

What makes Allegri the best manager in the world?
His record speaks for itself. Even going back to his Milan days. I didn't understand his sacking considering the shite squad a had. A whole generation retired or left the club at the end of the 2011/12 season (Nesta, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Zambrotta, van Bommel, Seedorf) and was impossible to replace. Since then he has won four consecutive doubles with Juventus and has done very well in the Champions League. He also strikes me as someone that when he present him with a problem he will find a tactical solution (the CL vs Spurs last season is a good example). And I happen to like his brand of football.

Sentient Meat

If Arsenal were struggling... you could see Wenger never wanting to manage again... but as they are doing fairly well, he might want to prove the fanbase wrong about him

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
David Anderson of the Daily Mirror saying we don't want Zidane and are gonna wait for Pocchettino.
Link please?
If true, my hope in the club's future is slowly being restored. Would mean they know what they are doing.

McUnited

We've tried established names.

How about Giggs as manager, Keane as assistant manager.
Neville as Director of Football.
Scholes, Carrick in the coaching setup.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I cant take the people voting for Simeone or Conte seriously. Do you even watch other teams? Atletico are awful to watch most of the time.

Rolaholic

We've tried established names.

How about Giggs as manager, Keane as assistant manager.
Neville as Director of Football.
Scholes, Carrick in the coaching setup.
All of those mentioned have done absolutely feck all at the club management level,throwing them in the middle of a mess is a recipe for disaster

The club needs a full restructuring before even entertaining going the romantic route and hiring an ex-player as manager

The established names we've hired were all past it at this level by them time we hired,doesn't mean that all established managers will be shite in the future

AlwaysRed66

I cant take the people voting for Simeone or Conte seriously. Do you even watch other teams? Atletico are awful to watch most of the time.
You're so right. Yet 27 people have already voted for Simeone. Incredible.

kps88

Why would we be talking about a caretaker until the end of the season if we've already agreed a deal with Zidane? That story doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.