Portuguese Football 2016/2017

Aboutreika18

That's because the others have been shit. Douglas is starting to get some game time too and he's been doing well.
Even so, I think Jorge Jesus could've been a bit wiser with his squad rotation in the first half of the season.

Especially with the likes of Carvalho and Adrien, who've been running on empty as regulars last season and through the summer during the Euros.

What happened to Jefferson, btw? I remember him being your regular LB last season but he's barely played this season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Even so, I think Jorge Jesus could've been a bit wiser with his squad rotation in the first half of the season.

Especially with the likes of Carvalho and Adrien, who've been running on empty as regulars last season and through the summer during the Euros.

What happened to Jefferson, btw? I remember him being your regular LB last season but he's barely played this season.
William and Adrien don't have capable replacements because our signings were awful. We should have kept Aquilani and Adrien has been injured for a few weeks. I don't think Jesus has any other option than play them as much as he did. Jefferson had a few injuries and is now a shadow of the player that was putting balls on Slimani's head week in week out. He's awful. Worse than zeegelaar, which is a big acomplishment.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
William and Adrien don't have capable replacements because our signings were awful. We should have kept Aquilani and Adrien has been injured for a few weeks. I don't think Jesus has any other option than play them as much as he did. Jefferson had a few injuries and is now a shadow of the player that was putting balls on Slimani's head week in week out. He's awful. Worse than zeegelaar, which is a big acomplishment.
Or we get a striker or we done, Benfica always have a shit load of strikers and when we got one (Slimani) he went to a team that's fighting to stay in the PL.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Or we get a striker or we done, Benfica always have a shit load of strikers and when we got one (Slimani) he went to a team that's fighting to stay in the PL.
Well Leicester were also reigning champions at the time. Still are.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Bas Dost is good enough, but we need more in that department for sure. Letting Montero go is proving to be a big mistake. Castaignos, André and that new Ruiz guy are not good enough.

I don't blame Slimani for leaving, the Premier League money is impossible to resist and that's the only reason he left. It's just how it is nowadays.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Jefferson had a few injuries and is now a shadow of the player that was putting balls on Slimani's head week in week out. He's awful. Worse than zeegelaar, which is a big acomplishment.
Didn't he get in some sort of trouble with the president about a possible transfer a while ago? I had the mpression he was sort of being punished for something.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Didn't he get in some sort of trouble with the president about a possible transfer a while ago? I had the mpression he was sort of being punished for something.
Yeah, there were some problems there but he lost his spot because of injuries and his bad form. He wasn't being punished as far as I'm aware.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Porto out of the league cup. Danilo sent off because the ref ran against him. This is why I laugh when I see you guys complaining so much about english refs...

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
And Brahimi was sent off for a second yellow card, but it turns out he only got one yellow shown to him during the match. Unbelievable. I've never seen anything like this.

But you can be sure this ref will be officiating an important game next week as if nothing has happened.

kr0nix

Porto out of the league cup. Danilo sent off because the ref ran against him. This is why I laugh when I see you guys complaining so much about english refs...

You can rest assured that for every refereeing error made, there will be scores of pundits/experts just waiting to defend them:
"It's a tough job, they don't have the benefit of replays..."

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
And Brahimi was sent off for a second yellow card, but it turns out he only got one yellow shown to him during the match. Unbelievable. I've never seen anything like this.

But you can be sure this ref will be officiating an important game next week as if nothing has happened.
:lol::lol::lol:
That will never happen with benfica

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
:lol::lol::lol:
That will never happen with benfica
So apparently Brahimi got shown a yellow card during the whole Danilo confusion but nobody knew about it. TV stations and journalists didn't see it at all, but he was rightly sent off then. This is just hilarious

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Sporting out of the league cup through a non existent penalty in the last minute :lol::lol::lol: You can't make this shit up. Unbelievably awful decision. Benfica fans will laugh at the corruption arguments Sporting and Porto fans make but surely they have to expect it after decisions like these.

Our football is a joke. The penalty was called at the 91st minute, there were 3 of added time and the game ended after the goal just to make things worse.

League cup is beyond a joke though so there wont be too many people upset about this.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
From that video it doesn't really look like a penalty but you have seen them given before. It's not as "non existant" as you first made out.

The main thing I get from that is that Sporting players and management are a bunch of cnuts, bar their goalkeeper.

Also, Sportings No.4 whoever the feck it is wants a lengthy ban for being a prick.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
From that video it doesn't really look like a penalty but you have seen them given before. It's not as "non existant" as you first made out.

The main thing I get from that is that Sporting players and management are a bunch of cnuts, bar their goalkeeper.

Also, Sportings No.4 whoever the feck it is wants a lengthy ban for being a prick.
I have seen those called before. But they were wrongly called too. That's not a penalty anywhere in the world. He just fell by himself.

Getting a penalty called like that in the last minute will make people act like cnuts. It's just how it is here.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I have seen those called before. But they were wrongly called too. That's not a penalty anywhere in the world. He just fell by himself.

Getting a penalty called like that in the last minute will make people act like cnuts. It's just how it is here.
Literally barging into a referee and screaming in his face as if you're in charge of the game? There's no need for that in any football game and just shows how ridiculous it is.

Oh I agree about the pen, but it's not the worst call I've seen. I've seen penalties for people literally falling over with nobody close.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen your a Sporting fan, you actually think your number 4 is ok to act like that even though the ref made a bad call?

If a United player acted like that I'd probably not want him anywhere near the club again.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Just seen your a Sporting fan, you actually think your number 4 is ok to act like that even though the ref made a bad call?

If a United player acted like that I'd probably not want him anywhere near the club again.
A lot of players will act like that here. It's how it is. Different cultures. It's the same in Spain.

The refs know this and won't get offended by it, it's not pretty and certainly not good to see but I have no big problem with it.

VanGaalEra

The worst part of this video was the Sporting players going at the referee.

The refs in Portugal have a tough job with all the acting and shit they have to put up with and that video further reinforces it.

Disgraceful.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

:lol::lol::lol: Sporting B score a goal, players celebrate. Ref calls offside about 10 seconds after the goal, Braga B counter and score while the Sporting players celebrate

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Benfica with an impressive win at Gumarães, Porto drew at Paços de Ferreira, Braga drew at Nacional and Sporting won unimpressively at home vs Feirense. Benfica will deservely run away with the league title.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What the feck? Benfica losing 3-0 vs Boavista at home in the 34th minute.

Last edited:

DannyDash

Benfica are a joke they make it 3-3 and with half hour to play they can barely muster a chance

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Season over for Sporting. Out of the cup

We need to change at least 3 quarters of our squad for next season. Either we strike gold in the transfer market or we'll continue in this mediocrity. I wouldn't even be mad if Jesus was fired.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Benfica 4-0 Tondela
Marítimo 2-2 Sporting
Porto 4-2 Rio Ave
Minho derby in a few hours between Vitória and Braga.

Table:

Benfica 45
Porto 41
Braga 36 (one game less)
Sporting 35

NYAS

Benfica 4-0 Tondela
Marítimo 2-2 Sporting
Porto 4-2 Rio Ave
Minho derby in a few hours between Vitória and Braga.

Table:

Benfica 45
Porto 41
Braga 36 (one game less)
Sporting 35
Nelson Semedo was magnificent today. Enjoyed watching the game. Benfica in full flow is something worth watching. Rafa Silva also again impressive and leaving his mark on most games he plays either from the bench or starting.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Benfica lose away at Setubal, Porto and Sporting win. Porto-Sporting next week. Moreirense beat Braga in the final to win the league cup, their first cup ever.

Benfica- 45
Porto- 44
Sporting- 38
Braga- 36 (one game less)

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Porto-Sporting in 50 minutes.

Sporting:
Rui Patrício; Schelotto, Coates, Rúben Semedo e Zeegelaar; Palhinha, Adrien, Gelson e Matheus Pereira; Bryan Ruiz e Bas Dost

Porto: Casillas; Maxi, Felipe, Marcano e Alex Telles; Danilo, Óliver, Corona e Brahimi. André Silva e Soares

Watch us win this without William and lose next week against Moreirense.

NYAS

Porto-Sporting in 50 minutes.

Sporting:
Rui Patrício; Schelotto, Coates, Rúben Semedo e Zeegelaar; Palhinha, Adrien, Gelson e Matheus Pereira; Bryan Ruiz e Bas Dost

Porto: Casillas; Maxi, Felipe, Marcano e Alex Telles; Danilo, Óliver, Corona e Brahimi. André Silva e Soares

Watch us win this without William and lose next week against Moreirense.
Looking forward to watching it. That Sporting side makes me sad.