PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 November 2014

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
We had 10 men for the second half and looked the better team, City were defending deep and were scared. This shows that no matter what we will always be the big team and they will always be small.

Would of loved to of gotten a point.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
McNair should be starting every game for us. He's our most confident and assured centre-back at present.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Only positive for me was that United kept their heads with 10. At some point we actually need to win games, as that's sort of the point of the whole thing.

JonDahl

We'd beat these cnuts with 11 men. Proud of our performance with 10.

Winrar

We showed a good account of ourselves since their goal; if Smalling wasn't such an idiot we would've probably gotten at least a point from this game.

El Zoido

I just can't stand these defensive problems any more. It's impossible to improve like this. We're playing two midfielders in our back four vs. City for christssake.

We have to buy in January, I'm so sick of this.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Shame Rojo got injured as he was handling Aguero well, could have sneaked away with a draw in the end. Should have done really.

Smalling was an idiot.
You need to watch the game again. Don't argue, just watch it again. Please.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
There will be no consistency until defence is fixed. And that's going to definitely need a new RB, and probably a top CB.
It'll be hard to get top 4 without that.

Shaw is great, so that's at least one piece of defence looking good.
The team has good spirit. There's a lot to like about it. But that defence is just going to keep breaking hearts.

Dobba

Anyone comparing this to last season can feck off. On fighting spirit alone this team is in a different league to anything Moyes managed to squeeze out of the side last season.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Our first choice center backs are all imbeciles.

The rest of the team can walk with their heads up after that 2nd half performance. LVG needs to do some tweaking in the back and I think we'll actually be a fighting force...

FujiVice

I'd take a 1-0 lose playing with that kind of spirit than the shite last year. I reckon we'd have done them with 11 men. One thing about this United side, they'll carry on until the last second.

montpelier

creditable enough, considering, good spirit

3 winnable home games in the next 4 to put some points on the board

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It could have been worse, we kept our composure as best we could with all that happened. We need to collect ourselves and keep going.

Crashoutcassius

Happy with McNair and Fellaini, and I thought RVP put in good effort.

Need cover for positions, and a new first choice right back, hope that gets sorted by this time next year so we can have a bash at the title

kps88

Another encouraging performance coupled with a poor result. It's happened too many times this season. We desperately need that one big result to really get going and we could have got that today.

I also find it baffling Di Maria is still on corner duty.

Ryan7

I'm proud, tbh. We deserved something from the game. Carrick and Rooney lacking match fitness, McNair also. Valencia and Carrick out of position. McNair also somewhat. Rojo getting injured also. I thought the remaining ten men all played well.

I doubt anybody would of expected to be saying we deserved a point once that goal went in.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'm actually proud of that second half performance. Showed balls which is something we've lacked lately. No shame in losing 1-0 away to City with 10 men. Smalling needs to get a bollocking and a half for his stupidity.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We looked pretty toothless still. Been a frequent occurance in our recent games against them, and it's a shame Smalling was stupid enough to ensure it happened again.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I hope LvG bends Smalling over in the dressing room and lets every single player give him a firm lash of their damp towel across the arse as they leave the shower.

Revan

Assumptionman
Our two defenders merged into Phil Jones. Doing stupid things and then getting injured.

Nani was on his bad day. His corner kicks were awful.

De Gea brilliant as always.

Excellent performance on the last 20 minutes, otherwise very bad. Could have been a battering if it wasn't for De Gea and Mark Oliver.

Jerch

We were never going to beat City either way, but that was some impressive stuff. Nothing to show for it, though, which is bad.

Point-wise, we're worse off than last season. Play wise, we're lightyears ahead.
I want to be lightyears ahead point-wise too.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Smalling let us down big time.

Rooney was a bit hit and miss, maybe understandable considering he had last month off.

di Maria was poor, needs to play centrally.

There's definitely a considerable chance we fail to make top four again.

City are shite by the way.

Zoo

Could easily have nicked a point there. I hope we set up the record straight when we play them at Old Trafford. Smalling should be fined for that, what was he thinking

NessunDorma

Thought we were the better team before the red, and the better team in the last 15 minutes despite it.

Encouraging. Just need to sign a couple of worldie type defenders, and we're good to go.

FromTheBench

There will be no consistency until defence is fixed. And that's going to definitely need a new RB, and probably a top CB.
It'll be hard to get top 4 without that.
LVG needs to organize them better. It's not like these other teams have all WC defenders. He's taking a huge risk with this high line as it is with our defenders keeping constantly changing.

crossy1686

career ending
To be honest, at the start of the season we would have looked at this fixture as a loss. But we're coming away from it feeling like we've missed an opportunity.

We defended well, we played well and if it wasn't for the red card and an injury, we'd have got a result. I'm disappointed but for all the right reasons. If this were last season we'd have been 3-0 down in the 25th minute.

We seriously need a break with the injuries. Bring on Arsenal!

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We have alot to do if we want top four. We need to start getting a winning streak together soon which we have yet to be able to do.

Mister_Stubbs

We'd have got something out of that game with 11 men, City aren't great.. its Chelsea's title for sure.

Ixion

Smalling is a moron, that first yellow card is beyond stupid. Last 20 minutes were encouraging. Van Gaal can't catch a break this season, injuries and stupid individual mistakes all the time.

Deleted member 78215

To be honest, even before the red, a Blind-Fellaini midfield was never going to do much against City. Not to mention this was the first game of Rooney's "easing his way back into professional football after an extended period out."

Need Herrera back. ADM should play in the centre. Valencia should never play again. Smalling's second yellow is at least 30% Valencia's fault.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man City 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Man City 2:2 Man Utd