Post match v Liverpool

Milo2035

They're so outclassed they lost their cool. They didn't stop trying.

SirAnderson

If I was ETH I’d really be questioning the attitude of some of them right now and whether they have long term futures at United
Do you think he could have done anything better himself?
I got the feeling he put too much trust in some of them and it backfired badly.

You could see at least half of them were definitely not up for this game, but since we can't make 6 subs, he should have made some kind of statement. But 6 goals in the second half was horrible to see.

Definitely some of the players have to have a hard look at themselves and most likely EtH will dig into them and as you say, put their future in jeopardy if it wasn't already. All depends on also what funds we have available come the summer.

Zlatanator

Probably the worst half of football I've seen UTD play. We lost a psychological battle today. Yeah we will bounce back and all but isn't that what we are doing after a defeat against ARS and City away? This is slowly becoming into a routine for us.

Guapa

Games catching up with us is all,I expected it weeks ago,it happens.
Use it for motivation and move on.

Infra-red

And everytime it's against Liverpool
To be fair, the difference in quality between the two sides (when most/all players are actually fit) has been enormous for most of the last 5 years.

They just have a much better team (albeit a slightly aged and injury prone team, but far better nonetheless).

Cpt Negative

It really was a strange game. Every single deflection went their way. Usual ref bollocks at Anfield falling for every touch on Salah as a free kick.

can’t believe it finished 7.

being in top 3 in January and loaning Sabitzer and Wergost

play silly games, win silly prizes

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Players look absolutely knackered.. mentally and physically.

Still no excuse for that performance, was the worst half I have ever seen. The fact that multiple senior players lost their heads just says it all really.
Yea i agree completely. Players looked wrecked and then you add in the midweek game and the celebrations against Newcastle in the Carabao.

I think if we have a weeks rest under normal conditions, we do better.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
stopped watching at 3-0. expected a 5-1. what the hell happened, was it worse than the other collapses?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
One game too many for a squad that has played too many games in the last two months but lacks the quality up front as well as the bodies to play them.

Having said that, they gave up completely at 2-0 and we paid for it dearly. That is inexcusable. Antony actually gave up since minute one and was the main reason they could attack us well in the first half.

This again shows we need a massive overhaul in the club above/along EtH, so we actually invest in players like Gakpo and Nunez when it's painfully obvious we need attackers. We have Sancho being eased into a season where he's barely played, Martial who's a sick note and finally Weghorst who gets prioritised ahead of Bruno because he is genuinely shit in his actual position.

EtH made mistakes but he's the only that is allowed a bit of leeway because he's been working wonders, despite what clowns in the media and even some on here say.

Quagmire Maguire

We have just returned these mugs confidence and they are going to go and hammer Real Madrid before going on to lift the Champions League.

Lecland07

Doesn't explane the lack of heart and fight. Worst I've ever seen. Even worse than last seasons thumping.

Let's see what EtH will do now.
Didn't we show a lot of that in the Barcelona games, though? We also did it against West Ham. That takes a lot of energy, especially when these games weren't even far apart. Today was just a step too far. I think we might have to sacrifice one of the cup competitions or see how far we can go with a second string.

Levi1

Rashford casemiro both centre backs
It was half the team

and also will you be happy with another Wembley app ?
Casemiro played the second half. How many minutes has he played in the last 10 days?

Will I be happy? Yes

UTD_Since_1978

Ronaldo Fanboy says...

...and to think some so-called UTD fans thought that Ronaldo was THE problem! :rolleyes:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Incredibly naive performance. We tried to go toe-to-toe with them for the entire match which was suicide. If we'd taken any of the chances we created before they scored it could have been different. But once it went to 2:0 then 3:0 so quickly in the second-half we should have gone into damage limitation mode.

You cannot try to outscore Liverpool in a situation like that at Anfield. We just kept pushing forward leaving acres of space behind. They will pick you off and destroy you, which they did. Pack the midfield, knuckle down and limit the damage so you don't end up on the end of a hiding.

Poor game management from Ten Hag today. He should have seen the writing on the wall early in the second-half and avoided a record breaking rout.

I will say though, crazy number of breaks went Liverpool's way today for some of those goals. One of those days really.

We've been due a bad defeat so let's hope we bounce back on Thursday. At least we don't have to wait long to get back on the pitch and put it right.

Heinzesight

I had a feeling before the game that Liverpool might give us a proper beating today. They were very dangerous against Real the firs 25 minutes, but the momentum went against them.
And to be honest even if we got great results our football was not really breath-taking.

However, never would I have thought it can be worse than 3-0. Depressing stuff.
I thought they would do us. It was at Anfield after-all but it just makes it so much worse that we actually did ok first half. A freak second half, with everything they hit going in, balls dropping nice for them every fecking time. But they way the players shat themselves is concerning. Second to every ball. So poor.

Woodzy

I’m a huge fan of ETH, but feck me, this is probably the worst managerial performance I’ve ever seen from a United manager. Absolutely fecking brutal.
We were the better team in the first half and it’s not like he told those players to give up on the pitch during the second half. What did you expect him to do at 3 nil down? The players gave up, it’s as simple as that. I don’t know how far ETH made those cnuts jog after the Brentford loss but he’s going to need to fecking triple it.

Pearl's a minger

Absolute embarrassment, total disgrace. Weak as piss. To roll over like that against our biggest rivals is unforgivable. A massive reality check. We're nowhere near where we should be. That performance is unforgivable. Let's hear the shithouses come out with some generic twitter rubbish. They are a disgrace!!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
As much as I love ten hag this is on him, that was a terrible team selection and to not change it at half time was asking for punishment.

MoskvaRed

I couldn’t watch the match today and have just checked the score. Feck me…Was it bad day at the office/fatigue combined with Liverpool finding form or did it suggest something deeper and more concerning?

Dobba

Players being utterly incapable of ending their attacks by fouling players on the half way line has nothing to do with them running more or us having a game every three days. It's a complete lack of interest from every outfield player.

There's plenty of downsides to our nonexistent squad but 90% of this lot being guaranteed a shirt on Thursday is up there with the biggest.

Arnold Layne

Thought we were unlucky to be 1-0 down at half time. The start to the second half was poor no intensity and 3 down in a few minutes. Heads dropped after that. Does Ten Hag really lay into them or just write it off with the Betis game on Thursday to concentrate on.

Either way a brutal result that will be hard to forget

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
stopped watching at 3-0. expected a 5-1. what the hell happened, was it worse than the other collapses?
Everything, and I mean every single bounce and touch, worked for Liverpool. I just hope this game used up all their good fortune for the next years

Mailo

Didn't we show a lot of that in the Barcelona games, though? We also did it against West Ham. That takes a lot of energy, especially when these games weren't even far apart. Today was just a step too far. I think we might have to sacrifice one of the cup competitions or see how far we can go with a second string.
We absolutely did, and that's why it's the worst I've ever seen.

DickDastardly

Thursday is the day we see how this affected us.

A comfortable win and it's back on track.

Then an easy game against Southampton and all is forgotten.

Gandalf

We ran out of gas at the wrong time and obviously for them this was their cup final seeing as they won't be playing any actual cup finals.

Once you add in that every deflection and miskick turned into a defence splitting pass in their favor we were obviously fecked, they deserved the win ultimately but were nowhere near 7 goals better on their overall play. We can now put to bed the notion of playing Marcus as a number 9, he is a wide attacker but we need an actual striker in the summer and then we can just let Marcus cook on the left. Other things we can put to bed, the idea that Wout is good enough for this level, the idea that Dalot is good enough to play the game professionally, the idea that Antony has anything besides shooting with his left foot in his locker and finally the idea that we can continue with DDG in goal.

Barthez

As much as I love ten hag this is on him, that was a terrible team selection and to not change it at half time was asking for punishment.
Don’t agree. Unlucky to go in one down. Hindsight is great isn’t it

NZT-One

A perfect day for Liverpool, everything worked for them while for us, nothing seemed to come off. A perfect storm that resulted in a big scoreline but I don't think, it should be used as some sort of indicator for future things. I hope it does help to rectify the levels of hype that started to become a little tedious. We haven't been playing well for the last 5-6 weeks, only exception being 1st half in 1st leg against Barcelona (iirc). We haven't done anything of note except for playing long balls into Rashford, who is in great form obviously.

Onto the next game, stick to the basics. No overreactions now.

boru

It's a minor point overall, but that pathetic stuff from the kickouts - to me anyway - set the tone for today's absurd performance. Two or three times before Shaw gave the ball away for the second we lost it trying to play out from the back. We came to Anfield with a defeated attitude instead of going at that their back line. That's no excuse for the attitude from Bruno and Shaw today. Big test of Eric's management now.

Barthez

Liverpool have won their cup final. Be interesting if they go back to being sh1t again

Jamie Shawcross

This sort of result will haunt us for years. Such a damaging result and performance. It was a completely inexplicable performance. A complete capitulation. It will be a true test for Ten Hag to turn the team around after this humiliation. We HAVE to bounce back and immediately.