PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 December 2017

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Stressful game on the heart.
Brilliantly executed game. :devil:
We probably have the best GK in the world.

But why oh why did Pogba have to go and do something that stupid... Goodbye derby points.

Feels good to beat Arsenal again though. :cool: Two great away games on the trot!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That said, you guys will get demolished vs city if you were played off the park by us when we got outplayed by city only a few weeks back.
Yeah Yeah.
xxxx will beat us. yyyy will beat us.
Line them up one by one and we'll beat them, just like we spanked you. Just like we spanked Watford. Just like we beat Brighton. Just like we spanked Newcastle.

BTW, off-topic: I checked up the league table and RedCafe's darling manager Poch, seems to be 10 points behind us right now. I can't believe that some fans believe he is good enough to manage MUFC, especially after the debacle we had with Moyes. At presnt, he is a mid-table manager and he needs to improve, before he can move to a bigger team. If he moves too soon, he may suffer the same fate as Moyes (ie. a step too far).

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Well, when are we going to get some excitement?

Excellent start and pressing, the front 3 with Pogba played really well.
We dropped deep and invited them on to us which was probably too much for the schoolgirls who are still moaning, they must have had a few changes of underwear.

Oddly DDG started nervously until the 20 minute mark but was absolutely brilliant thereafter.
Shame about the Pogba red card ruling him at least out of the City match, unnecessary and don't think intentional but he had to go.
Probably should have conceded a penalty and ref should have sent off Koscielny .

Anyway great win and thoroughly enjoyable game.

Let's sew up the CL group and onto OT for City!

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That was probably the most eventful game of football I've ever seen, especially the first half was mental. Far from a perfect game but I don't care right now, going home with 3 points from the Emirates is massive. GET IN!!

tony54

Someone explain to me how Koscielny does not get a red. Rules changed or referee lost it?
Yes, I agree it was a clear red but the biased media remained quiet. Different story if MU had dragged a man down.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The so-called Arsenal fortress has been breached! :) Reset that counter you Gooners!

AndyMUFC

Fantastic result, even more so because Arsenal are actually playing really well at the minute going forward.

It was a mad game though because they battered us after we got the 2-0 lead for much of the game. Not many sides have 33 shots against us but DDG was utterly brilliant and whenever we did attack, we looked like scoring.

That performance isn't gonna work in these games often but it did the job today. Massive shame about Pogba but I guess we're just gonna have to try and deal with City without him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
But why oh why did Pogba have to go and do something that stupid... Goodbye derby points.
Giving up so easily?
I said this to many on here: in life you cannot give up without even fighting. If you accept defeat, you won''t get anywhere in life. Always fight. If you do, you have a good chance of winning (a football game, a job, an exam, or anything that matters).

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Yes, I agree it was a clear red but the biased media remained quiet. Different story if MU had dragged a man down.
Not a clear red as it was not a clear goal scoring opportunity at the time of the foul.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
3 goals from 8 shots compared to arsenal 30 odd shots and 1 goal. That' quite clinical if you were to compare. Massive difference between the two clubs atm is we took our chanes and our defence and keeper did their job.

We seemed to struggle to properly clear the ball. That was frustrating. Overall I fecking enjoyed it.

SalfordRed1960

Excellent advert for the PL.

United attacking on the counter was a joy, should have scored a lot more, and the defense was solid as a unit considering they allowed Arsenal to have the ball. Arsenal were very good on the ball. I think a lot of Arsenal's attacking opportunities were fortunate in the loose ball running to an Arsenal player rather it getting there through a good pass. DDG was clear MOTM because he made a good 2 or 3 saves that were outstanding and prevented Arsenal getting back into the game.

Definite red card and Pogba will be missed against City.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Horrible game. One of (the?) most entertaining matches I've ever been to but easily the most agonising and frustrating.

You were so clinical from our errors. Lingard and Pogba were superb. Couldn't tell on the red card.

We had that 45 minute spell in the middle of the game where we were fantastic and should have scored 3 or 4, but after your third it never looked like we'd come back. Can't believe some of the chances we failed to finish from. Thought the subs made it harder for us too, we had no width for the last 25 minutes and defending against us became so much easier.

Sanchez is becoming more and more frustrating. We'll obviously miss his genius but I bet a load of the squad will be glad to see the back of him.

Also thought Lukaku was toilet, and I can't believe a player with his touch could ever cost so much money.

stepic

Lingard. And to be fair he got the goals that made the difference to the final score, so I can kind of understand it.
true but they were both made by others really.

if not for de gea we would have conceded a lot more than 1

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How does Daffid only have 83% of the votes for MotM? How could anyone conciously vote against him after that performance.

De God, the man should be given the key to the City and a lifetime supply of doughnuts, completely free of charge.

Cpt Negative

Jose spot on. Arsenal players (especially Sanchez) loved just dropping to the floor.

He’s an angry little man

Ban

Finally some good counter attacking, finally an away win and with 3 goals to that.

It would be perfect if it wasn't for Pogba red card.

Terminator

Bellerins body position reminded me of a kid in a playground. Who places the knee on the ground and sits there in any situation out of the penalty box?:lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Indeed. You won and got us in your pocket again. Move on. I just can't take to get mugged off, as i am behaving well now.
Win some lose some.

To be absolutely honest with you, Arsenal could easily have won that game. Even when we were 2 goals to the good, I never felt comfortable. Not for a split second.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 84% of 930 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw