FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 25 January 2019

Flying_Heckfish

Really great game, classic end to end stuff!

Lots of players had good games today. Lukaku really applied himself well, especially in the first half and Pogba was the man of the second half. In defence we were resolute and I was espeically impressed by Young - given how strong Arsenal's left side is, he surprised me.

Bocca9978

Super Ole Solskjaer. Showed his tactical side tonight.

Starting to favour him full time.

w’or bobby2

Lukaku gets a lot of stick for his first touch but his pass for Sanchez’ goal
was a thing of beauty.

I think Cech is done. The final goal is at least partially his fault.

Ole Ole Ole!

Vagene

Amazing result, feck off arsenal

Literally cannot believe the change in form of our team, absolutely stunning turn around. So happy for Sanchez getting on the scoresheet tonight, he needed that big time.

I can’t post in the match day thread but the hate for Lukaku is disgusting. He’s barely played, he produced two excellent assists tonight and ran their back line ragged in the first half.

Feeling more and more confident for PSG now. Get in United

Devil may care

Despite the narrative Jermaine Jenas was trying to create on commentary I really didn't feel like Arsenal and his man Ramseldinho caused us that much trouble, we were very well orgranized, countered well and were clinical, and I thought toward the end of the second half we showed some composure in keeping the ball and slowing things down to take the sting out the game.

Special mention to the Bailly/Lindelof partnership tonight, thought they did very well.

AshRK

Brilliant result. Bit worried about our midfield getting burnt out. Have to start trusting fred now. Start playing him ole.

Speaking of ole, just love him. He is everything you associate with positivity. 8 out of 8. He deserves all the credit.

Sanchez also scored and that makes the day even more happier. A confident Sanchez can be a beast for us.

Now time for AFTV n chill.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Defence looked a lot more solid tonight, thought Shaw had one of his best games for United, Lindelöf and Bailly looked good together, Young did ok considering they were overloading our right hand side, Jones coming on just tightened that up quite a bit. Lukaku actually looked good coming in from the right, Sanchez once again, for me, didn't do a lot, but took his goal brilliantly, Lingard was just Lingard, looks great at certain times, poor at other times, but again (bit of Ole coaching perhaps) tucked his goal away brilliantly, may have blasted it once, but looked cool in finishing this one. Would still like to see us a bit more stable in midfield, 4-4-2 possible, with Fred in for Lingard, and Pogba further forward, but what do I know! Pogba not tracking back sometimes, but he is fantastic going forward, we got caught a couple of times just switching off. It's hard to think that this is exactly the squad that Jose had. Unbelievable.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Bunch of fannies getting their knickers in a twist over the lineup.

Much like Mourinho was right to play Romero in the EL final, Ole was right to show his confidence in him today.

We have the best GK and GK sub in the league, by a margin.

Also great to be able to bring on Martial and Rashford to kill off a game instead of Fellaini to hold on to a lead. Not that I'm dissing Fellaini here, it's not about the player or his contribution, it's the outlook on the game and how to play it out.

madzo2007

Superb performance the counter attack was on everytime just like it has been since 2009.

Other than a few scrambles clearances and shots from the edge of the box and the goal of course Arsenal didn't really trouble Lindelof and Bailly too much. Though Young was excellent but Herrera went about his job quietly but great tonight.

ice-bionic red

Honestly didn’t really care too much if we lost tonight as I’d much prefer the league points because of the position we were in BUT what a game! Brilliant tactics from Ole again. I’m kind of shocked! We were excellent for long parts of that game.

Arsenal done what Arsenal do. Great going forward and lots of possession but we hurt them on the counter and were devastating at times.

I’m so happy! Get in!!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What I thought was great today was that at 2-1 with half an hour to go, instead of parking the bus, sh*tting ourselves and ending up at 2-2, we chucked on two fresh attackers and went for the win.

Give Ole a 20 year contract.
THIS.

Bringing on two pacy forwards while 2-1 up is a decision a certain manager would not have made at United. I blame the board for that.

If Ole keeps this up, he might have to forget about that Molde job.

Member 115509

United looked capable of scoring on every breakaway tonight, Arsenal created little tonight and when they did, Romero stepped up to show what a great back up keeper he is.
An excellent result from another tough away game. A good habit to have.
The togetherness and team spirit is so evident just now and it's great to see. It's moot now, but I often wonder how United might have fared in the games against City and Liverpool last month with OGS in charge, at the very least had they lost it would have been having had a go and trying to actually play football and win the game.

Drz

Got in late, missed the first 20mins. I love the players. I love the club and I love Ole.

Seriously, I don't give a sh*t how the season ends now. This is way and beyond a new manager bump and I pity da fo0l that can't see it. I'm 100% sure that Ole has got 75% of the formula right, the part that every manager since Fergie got wrong.
And I'm sorry mods, but Mourinho can seriously f*ck right off and banned from football till he has performed community service lol!! I'd be happy to participate in the Podcast for the first time, but it would have to be a pg18 version xD. GGMU. #RedDevil4Eva#feckDaMou#YouCantTouchThis#Nanana.

haram

So Ole was right to pick Lukaku and Alexis. Maybe next time people will give these good players a chance.

Kag

Great win.

Nervy to watch at times.
Don’t think I felt nerves at any point, to be honest. We’re a much better side and it’s an indictment on the last wanker in charge they sit above us in the league.

We were threatened more by Cardiff last week.

Kopral Jono

I predicted a comfortable 4-0 win but 3-1 is absolutely fine, considering we never left second gear. Brighton last week caused us more trouble than Arsenal tonight.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Controlled the game, with and without the ball.

Masskh

In the first day that Ole has been appointed as our new boss if you could tell the story for what is happeining now no one would believe you!

Addled

Football is full of different opinions and always has been. But I don’t think there is an opinion from anyone out there that we haven’t improved since ole taking over.

It’s just such a good feeling seeing our club look united. Bring on anyone at this point
Not an opinion. That is a fact and long may it continue.
There are areas of our game that need to improve- defense, defensive midfield- but for now it is 8/10. Can’t wait for 10/10. C,mon Ole, C,mon Utd.

Cockney Phil

We played a very sophisticated game tonight. The key points: we changed tactics around 20 minutes; the subs were clever and took the team to a higher level; the midfield never stopped working and we didn’t fade at 65 minutes. Lukaku played well and then went back to pinging the ball which allowed them to counter. Sanchez looked fine up to the goal and seemed to disappear. Martial was making a statement when he came on and looked very aggressive. I gave Young man of the match because of his sheer endeavour and pressing from beginning to end - showed his class tonight. Ander was the quiet assassin, just needs the defenders to hold up to their job. Matic nd Pogba had very good games. First time I actually enjoyed an FA Cup game for years.

Our management team are too happy it’s very disturbing!:lol:

Adam_S

THIS.

Bringing on two pacy forwards while 2-1 up is a decision a certain manager would not have made at United. I blame the board for that.

If Ole keeps this up, he might have to forget about that Molde job.
It is what another certain United manager from a few years back might have done though. I think he ended up winning a few trophies for us.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We played a very sophisticated game tonight. The key points: we changed tactics around 20 minutes; the subs were clever and took the team to a higher level; the midfield never stopped working and we didn’t fade at 65 minutes. Lukaku played well and then went back to pinging the ball which allowed them to counter. Sanchez looked fine up to the goal and seemed to disappear. Martial was making a statement when he came on and looked very aggressive. I gave Young man of the match because of his sheer endeavour and pressing from beginning to end - showed his class tonight. Ander was the quiet assassin, just needs the defenders to hold up to their job. Matic nd Pogba had very good games. First time I actually enjoyed an FA Cup game for years.

Our management team are too happy it’s very disturbing!:lol:
I really love how they all celebrate together, the atmosphere is great

Raw

What's sad for them is that Ramsey was excellent tonight and probably their best player...and he's leaving for free this summer.

Joseunited

Jenas was ridiculous and the main commentator wasn't much better

you'd think they were tearing us apart at times to listen to them
I know, fecking hate the lot of them, I thought Jenas was better than that but he's just another United hater.
Back to the football and what a game,defence looked in complete control apart from their goal and Lindelöf is turning into a fantastic centre-back, thank God Eric is back there to partner him.Pogba was a little anonymous in the first half but was a different player in the second.

The timing of the substitutions was perfect, Lukaku had started to give the ball away and simple passes were being over hit and Sanchez had gone missing.

1-3 was my prediction too:D

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 494 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 35% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd