PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 March 2019

Roboc7

We were terrible but still missed lots of chances and they had to be gifted two goals to beat us, strange game.

3 points off third, 2 off. All teams around us will drop points, we were due a game like that so just have to get on with it again now.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Bad day at the office from almost everyone. Rom had some great chances which he should have put away. If you'd told me we would face our first PL defeat mid-March when Ole took over, I'd have taken your hand off. Week off to regroup and focus on Wolves. Some rest needed.

meninred

It is a game to forget or learn.The midfield was awful today. Lots of space. Pogba was not him . No drive.He usually make the team play. I doubt if Fred can make it.This midfield combination doesn't seem to work. I am surprised Ole didn't make a change.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Absolute bunch of pretenders. Waste-men thinking they're the bees knees after PSG.

Arsenal weren't even that good today. We gave this result to them with our complacency. How many dangerous opportunities were broken down due to a lazy final pass today? So annoying.

Rashford needs to be benched. Attitude was shocking today and has been for weeks now. (Why he thinks he's Ronaldo i don't know. So arrogant.)

Matic? What's the point, just stood there doing nothing. Might as well have still been injured.

Pogba? All over the place today, never got into the game. Wasn't helped by the confusing tactical shape.

Lukaku? Okay you scored vs PSG but today is why you're not a top striker. How many chances did he squander today?

All in all, joke of a performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ødegaard

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was a bad game today, shit ref, nothing intentional, he is just shit for everyone, next time he gets arsenal he will probably be just as incompetent against them as he has been against us today.

Rashford should have been hooked at half time, and in general we were too slow and our decision making was terrible.

Other than not taking Rashford off, Ole didnt get a lot wrong, the players were not great today.

Last edited:

Fracture90

What was wrong with the setup? I mean we had a fair share of chances and looked dangerous. Although we disappeared after the 2nd goal.
Too defensive, too static, giving away too much possession to Arsenal. Playing Pogba way too deep, not making any changes tactic wise during the half-time break, waiting for 70th minute to make a change.

freddie the red

Disappointing of course but in the big picture makes no difference to Ole getting the job.
Rom should have opened the scoring, Dave should have stopped the shot and the ref should have waved away the penalty appeal. Arse had the better of the first half, us the second, crap happens so let's knock Wolves out of the FA Cup after a week's recovery.
Ole is still very much at the wheel guys and gals!!

Schneckerl

Crazy overreaction here. Can't imagine what a really bad performance will look like.

sport2793

Terrible terrible performance. Quite clearly the worst of Ole's reign. Just as it looked we might get back in the game we give away a stupid penalty, added to the clear mistake for the first goal and it's a frustrating day. Out of the top 4, and of Chelsea win their game in hand we could be down to 6th. We couldn't string passes together, and it looked like the ball just bounced off our players and back to Arsenal's.
Hmm, I completely disagree with this post. First off, the penalty was not a penalty. Second, we had plenty of chances, just did not take them. Sure we weren't perfect but it wasn't as bad as you make out. Your expectations were too high in hindsight. Another day we would have gotten a result for sure.

Dominos

De Gea, Lukaku and the ref have massively influenced the narrative of this game.

We weren't great but De Gea has gift wrapped Arsenal the opening goal, Lukaku's finishing was sunday league standard for 3 huge chances, and the ref has decided he's giving penalties for our players daring to breathe near an Arsenal player.

Very frustrating, we ended up quite open because we were chasing the game but overall we had enough of the ball and created enough chances to get something out the game - we fecked up in key moment with gifting them a shite goal and missing easy chances, and the less said about the fat feck of a ref the better.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Players were so lax in the first 30 mins and losing the first goal in these types of games is always difficult to come back from.

Rashford clearly isn't right, Lukaku has a mental block against top 6 teams and Pogba really needs help in the creativity dept. When he is taken out of the game we don't do enough, so he gets targeted in the middle.
He wasn't taken out, he was just poor.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not good enough today. Some poor performances from crucial players: DDG, Pogba and Rashford mainly. Yes, Lukaku missed big chances but he held the ball up well today and made some excellent runs. What really annoys me is we made some of their ordinary players look better than they are.

Lentwood

We were the better team, had tbe better chances, lost to two fortunate goals that came at bad times

Lindelof seemed to regress to his old self for some bizarre reason after being very good lately

Rashford’s base level is too low imo to be a regular starter in a title-winning side imo. When’s he’s off it slightly it really shows

I thought Lukaku, finishing aside, had a good game.

Bad luck, move on

DFreshKing

Fred played well in is role for the most part, just seems the goto name to slate. Pogba was off the boil and Rashford doesn't seem quite right. The last third was the main problem today, not much else.

APJRed

Very sluggish first half from us did it. We were second to every contested ball which gave them confidence. De Gea also off the pace. Would normally have saved Arsenal's first goal and his distribution was poor. Perhaps too much of a celebration after the PSG result. Hopefully we'll re-group and retain focus. Top four is still all to play for which was unthinkable in December.

Red Royal

Let’s not overreact. We played ok, dodgy pen and uncharacteristic mistake cost us. Another day we’d have scored 3 or more to win this. Great that Spurs and Chelski dropped points.

Hopefully we bounce back with a good run of wins again.

Womp

idiot
Apart from maybe a 15 minute spell, we dominated them at their home ground for the whole game. We just couldn't finish our chances and they did.

Not too unhappy with the performance, but unhappy with the result. These results happen though.

Fair play to Arsenal too, they actually fought for once, they were flying all over the place.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Just wasn't our day. I see people saying it was a soft penalty, which I thought too when seeing the replays from behind, but they showed an angle after the goal which showed Fred give a pretty good shove from behind. The kind that was meant to be shoulder to shoulder but it was in his back. Penalty the right call and a stupid one to give away. Not as bad as the first goal though. Should have been a routine save. Lukaku was great through out but couldn't finish. Could have been a much different game had he had his shooting boots on. But at least he was doing things to get into goal scoring positions. Rashford was brutal. I had hope when Martial came on, but he looked like a guy who hadn't played for a few weeks. For me, our only players who can hold their head up today are our back four. Mind you I'm sure there will be several who will find a way to have a go at Young today...

ErranMorad

Two times in a row we have hampered ourselves with a starting formation not suited to the game. I don't know what we were trying to do by going 442 against Arsenal's set-up. They got immense joy on the flanks; Kolasinac was having the time of his life. We changed it up and got much better. Created a couple of clear cut chances but it just didn't happen for us. Woodwork, crossbar - we hit everything but the back of the net.

Second half we started like a house on fire and should have equalized. Arsenal's penalty, which should never have been, deflated us and from then on we lost total control of the game.

Rashford and Pogba were horrendous. Rashford especially was the worst I have seen him. They both dallied on the ball too much and tried to do outrageous things when sometimes it's essential to keep things simple.

Hopefully, it's just a one off game and we will pick it up next weekend against a pesky Wolves team. Not going to easy.

Funny how after everything we can finish the season empty handed and in sixth place. Football, bloody hell!

Drawfull

Absolute bunch of pretenders. Waste-men thinking they're the bees knees after PSG.

Arsenal weren't even that good today. We gave this result to them with our complacency. How many dangerous opportunities broken down due to a lazy final pass today? So annoying.

Rashford needs to be benched. Attitude was shocking today and has been for weeks now. (Why he thinks he's Ronaldo i don't know. So arrogant.)

Matic? What's the point, just stood there doing nothing. Might as well have still been injured.

Pogba? All over the place today, never got into the game. Wasn't helped by the confusing tactical shape.

Lukaku? Okay you scored vs PSG but today is why you're not a top striker. How many chances did he squander today?

All in all, joke of a performance.
Totally agree with feck all of this. Fecking train wreck post. Wastemen isn't hyphenated.

OLLY ORANGE

Flat all round, lack of press, matic really poor and off the pace. Rashford was really poor and his decision making is what is gonna hold him back.
Strange game as we should of got somethi g out of the game.

Dinghy

De Gea and Lukaku to blame. Overall it was a good performance and we should have got at least a point from that.

Carolina Red

Staff
Perfect storm hit us.

DDG didn’t get a good read of the shot off Xhaka’s foot. Leno made multiple key saves against Lukaku. One of the softest penalties I’ve ever seen given to Lacazette. Pogba and Lindelof were off today.

Overall, we did not play poorly, we just didn’t get the win.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Had to happen eventually. Hope we make it a constructive defeat by learning from it.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
"One of those days" and very much so. We created loads of great chances and by a combination of good keeper play, bad luck and poor finishing we score none. Then they score from a tame shot and a howler from De Gea and get a ridiculous penalty from a obese piece of shite ref. Oles two most trusted players (Rashford and Pogba) were dreadful

Fecking hate the result today, but we were the better team so thats something i guess

Razvan

Played much better than on Wednesday. We conceded a very weird goal and were unlucky with the penalty decision. Not too much to worry about I think.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Disgusting refereeing, incredibly poor performance from everyone except Shaw and possibly Smalling, dull, pragmatic crap setup from Ole.
Thought it was the other way around. Dull, pragmatic, everything for the result Arsenal which is something you can't say usually for them. They even just rolled around for first 15 minutes in the second half.

Frustrating result, though.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Just one of those days.

Arsenal deserve the win purely for handling our attack with ease and then getting some fortune up top.

No need to cry about anything in a major way (you lot will though).

That said, thought Rashford and Pogba were both very poor today.

Yeah they handled our attack so easily we hit the woodwork twice within 30 minutes while they got the flukiest goal ever.

They are diving twats and didn’t deserve such an easy win, now we didn’t deserve to win either though.

ash_86

Players Left the shooting boots today at home . Created 5 big scoring opportunities and couldn't finish any . Arsenal created 1 and left home with 2 goals . Just a bad day in office

Canagel

One of our best performances this season. Deadly serious. It was just one of those days the ball just wouldn't go in.
I'm really proud of the team and the way they showed their personality to dominate the game. Both Arsenal goals were fortuitous but it's ok. You can't win them all.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Players were so lax in the first 30 mins and losing the first goal in these types of games is always difficult to come back from.
This is hardly something new with these players. Starting slow and letting the oppo get to them happens more often than not. It has looked better since Ole came in but it still happens.

Get In Scholesy

Logical takes:

1. Didn’t do enough to win the game. Lack of finishing costed us.

2. Fred and Matic midfield was dire.

Illogical takes:

1. De Gea has been a bit shit in recent weeks.
2. Rashford has little football intelligence at times.

Mcking

Another lethargic performance. This time we couldn't get the goals to mask it though.

Siorac

Abysmal performance in the first half. Arsenal absolutely dominated United. Fair play to Unai Emery, he got his tactics right.

United got into the game more second half, without really threatening the Arsenal goal. But I felt the penalty really killed any prospect of United getting a result.

Arsenal deserved the three points today.
Did you watch a different game? Probably the one under Van Gaal when we lost 2-0.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
That was a nice win for us even though we played about 20% of our level. Not really sure why people here were confident of beating us when all 3 goals against PSG were fluke. I don't think we had a lot to fear.

We're almost certain to get top 4 whereas the other three (United, Tottenham and Chelsea) have got a few difficult games coming up.

Jonno

Not enough intensity, and on top of that everything went wrong for us

Hit the post, hit the bar, had point blank chances, they had a lucky goal and a lucky penalty.

Could have been a different result but we weren’t intense enough, we looked off it

Terminator

Very unlucky to lose this, good performance otherwise. The blatant dive from Lacazette killed our morale.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 469 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Arsenal 1:3 Man Utd