PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 March 2019

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very unlucky to lose that game. De Gea gifted them the first and the penalty was very soft and Arsenal I can't remember creating a chance, eventhough we looked shaky in defence.

But that's football for you and we need to regroup for the next game.

GledTheRed

We were very unlucky, we lucked out midweek and were destined to lose this game it seems. Players seemed lethargic and off the pace.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Not a great performance but not a bad one either, collectively. Fine margins went Arsenal's way and we had couple of players having off days individually. Rashford needs to be rested.

K_Ash

I am not upset..Luka should have scored twice in the first half...felt like Arsenal was very vulnerable to the speed...that PK killed the momentum...on the next one!

Rob67

I think the game was lost in Midfield. Poor games for Pogba and Matic, but Fred was decent.
Really fine margins in a close game. Let's look forward now. Shit happens.

Ban

Too defensive, too static, giving away too much possession to Arsenal. Playing Pogba way too deep, not making any changes tactic wise during the half-time break, waiting for 70th minute to make a change.
Not sure I agree. Maybe in first 20,25 minutes but once we settled we were a better side. Pogba did play too much left at first.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Absolute bunch of pretenders. Waste-men thinking they're the bees knees after PSG.
:lol: you must find joy hard to come by!

Both teams played badly after a European game. Pretty normal. On another day we'd have scored 2 and got a deserved draw, and if we were just a teeny bit lucky, De Gea would've saved the first or they wouldn't have gotten soft penalty.

For a team that's clear in bad shape personnel wise your expectations are deeply misguided and set up to leave you miserable over and over again

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Preformances haven't really matched results lately but lets just hope we can nip it in the butt.

Eriku

Bound to happen at some point. Nor a very good display, but we still got chances, and their goals were both soft.

Good news is that we win after losing or drawing under Ole, so I’m backing us to get past Wolves and then we get a nice (hopefully) international break.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Abysmal performance in the first half. Arsenal absolutely dominated United. Fair play to Unai Emery, he got his tactics right.

United got into the game more second half, without really threatening the Arsenal goal. But I felt the penalty really killed any prospect of United getting a result.

Arsenal deserved the three points today.
No they didn’t dominate us in the first half :lol: And we did have some great chances in both halves.

Are people on this forum even watching our games, really? Or do they just watch with clear goal of criticizing as much as there can possibly be to criticize about the performance?

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Not a great performance but with better finishing we would have got something out of the game. Had to lose sometime and it's not loss that's bothering me, it's the bile in the match day thread. We really do have some shit supporters or we're being trolled by oppo fans going under the radar.

AshRK

Sad part is this arsenal side has no business in the CL. Bunch of bottlers, will just waste a position in CL.

MUfreak

Never again Fred in our line up. Just like Baily always seem to have a mistake in him which usually costs us no matter how well they perform. Matic shouldn't have started inplace of MCT in the first place. I hope Ole learns from this.

Shit we have a frail team.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I thought it was a pretty good performance. Small margins. Rashford had an off day and Lukaku despite playing great missed a glaring chance. The ball just didn't want to go in the net. I don't think De Gea was much at fault for the goal. Neville called it and had to carry on with the script of blaming De Gea.

Shaw was our MoM by a long distance.

redshaw

Had a feeling Ole's run would end today.

We couldn't take our chances and they had two gifted, one by the ref and other was quite bizarre.

Just hope we can regroup and put another solid run together and snatch top 4. If chelsea win their game in hand we could be six again after all that hard work but I think we're still in with a decent chance.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Meh. Not our day. Soft swerved shot and a dive for a penalty. We've been clinical recently, but didn't take the chances today. I thought we played well for large spells of the game, but there was a bit of sloppiness in the end product. Particularly from Rashford who looks fatigued. No excuse for Pogba's lethargy and heavy touches though. Disappointing performance from him.

Ah well.

Johnnyredboots

Abysmal performance in the first half. Arsenal absolutely dominated United. Fair play to Unai Emery, he got his tactics right.

United got into the game more second half, without really threatening the Arsenal goal. But I felt the penalty really killed any prospect of United getting a result.

You are drunk. Go home.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
You all need to take a joint and chill out. It sounds like we just performed like we did in our 1-3 loss vs Liverpool. That is not the case. This game was lost on individual mistakes. de Gea and Fred. Just let that cnut run towards the line, nothing would most likely come of it. Instead you give away a 100% chance since de Gea is HORRIBLE on penalties.

Matic, Rashford and Pogba did have a rather poor game, but far from as bad as some on here are saying. Arsenal at home have been solid recently and with a little better finishing we would have won it fairly easily.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
50/50 game that didn’t go our way. How we didn’t score at least one is beyond me. I thought Fred showed some signs there’s a decent player there somewhere, Rashford poor and Lukaku an off day. With a full squad, we’re a few world class additions away from being a very good side. De Gea too needs to fix up...

The Real Treble 99

Fluke goal & a dodgy penalty sums it all up.

Our defence was brilliant today. A few hicks but overall they contained their forward line in great fashion.

Our midfield onwards were very poor. Should’ve made the most of a really poor Arsenal team. Lukaku played well from all the attack but poor finishing in the end.

Arsenal didn’t deserve a win at the most should’ve been a draw. We were unlucky too with the woodwork saving them but for me the ref changed the game. Very poor decision on the penalty which clearly put the game out of our reach. Otherwise we were slowly getting there to get 1 goal back.

Yes points dropped but nothing to worry about, onwards & upwards.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mentally, we were still celebrating PSG win. Did not turn up mentally. No one played well. Conditions did not help.

Awful weekend. AFTV will be unbearable tonight. Goldberg will be getting a roasting from DT and Troopz for sure.

Seems like you're way too involved in football.

It's not the last time Arsenal will smash us. We got hammered at Highbury circa 2004-05.

CaptainBirdseye

Fred will get stick, but Matic infuriated me at times. What was he doing when trying to delicately nutmeg someone in his own box to pass out to Shaw I think.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Dominated in what?
Absolutely baffling, isn’t it? I saw these comments in matchday thread and was wondering what game they are watching. Outclassed us, were all over us, outplayed us, dominated us. Honestly, what kind of nonsense is it.

Drawfull

One of our best performances this season. Deadly serious. It was just one of those days the ball just wouldn't go in.
I'm really proud of the team and the way they showed their personality to dominate the game.
Thought we made a few stupid possession errors but agree broadly. Game was very evenly matched, and had we scored then who knows?

Matic and Pogba were a little sluggish at times and while they stood out I think I look to those two to be more composed. Fred had a couple of errors too. Already said my feelings on Rashford who I honestly thought was OK. Certainly not the worst by the margin he's being rated.

I think we will see a rebound against Wolves, but today was a bad loss in that the top spots are out of out hands again.

Matt007a

Odd performance really. We didn’t show up for 25 minutes and conceded two very silly goals. De Gea howler and a very soft penalty. Arsenal created almost nothing after their good opening spell.

Lukaku should have had a hat trick at the other end yet we’ve come away losing 2-0. I think the PSG game has taken more out of the players than we perhaps imagined although there shouldn’t be an excuse for the lack of intensity.

madzo2007

Not brilliant by any stretch, felt like a midweek hangover for the first half hour. Had enough chances to get something but a soft first goal and an even softer penalty just killed it for us.

Jam

It is what it is.

It was a competitive game, they got lucky with the first goal and then had a soft penalty as well as on top we just didn't finish our chances. Rashford is slightly off the boil, quite annoyed at him for that chance when he was to the left of goal in the box with time and space but he panicked and just kicked it out for a goal kick.

Moss had a poor game, not complaining of any particular bias - he was a bad ref for both teams.

No massive negatives or positives to take home, it was after an intense European game for us. Just one of those games. Let's react strongly and go onwards.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Totally agree with feck all of this. Fecking train wreck post. Wastemen isn't hyphenated.
Good job i don't post for the benefit of you then. If you don't agree, then tell me what it is you don't agree with please?

AJ10

One of those days i guess.

We need Ander back as soon as possible, we look so shit in midfield without him.

R'hllor

Can we once in our fecking life give Matic 2-3 games in u23 before giving him proper game, this is bullshit from JM all over again. Make him 100% fit before letting him on pitch ffs.

Also i dont like Ole waiting way to long to make a sub, not the first time either.

This aint this game related but can not wait to not see Young as cap and starting RB, feck that.

All in all, we lost it happens, not the first time nor it will be the last.

Oh and DDG should stop kicking the ball, short pass to CBs and let them hoof it. Seems we dont know any other way when it comes to playing from the back.

haram

Never again Fred in our line up. Just like Baily always seem to have a mistake in him which usually costs us no matter how well they perform. Matic shouldn't have started inplace of MCT in the first place. I hope Ole learns from this.

Shit we have a frail team.
Fred played well.

Terminator

We hit the post and the bar and created 2-3 one on one opportunities. What did Arsenal even do? Just terrible luck.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Lost the game because of poor performances from the forwards (Rashford needs a week or two off), an awful penalty decision and shocking goalkeeping from De Gea.

You can’t win them all, would have taken the fa cup win against them and the PSG result if it meant losing this one. Still very confident of top 4.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 469 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Arsenal 1:3 Man Utd