PL D FA Premier League

Burnley 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 February 2022

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They are the worst team in the league and we made them look good. Shocking result.

Nicolarra90

In 20 years only in the season of Moyes I stopped changing my schedule to watch the games.
Only the CL is stopping me now.

Rob Bowman

What did McT do? Maguire... is calamitous.

Yet we have an intern manager and did nothing winter transfer window... and the Glazer's collect 100 mil pounds for f*** all.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Poor, again. I don’t care about top four, I can’t imagine being bothered about wanting to watch this lot in the Champions League. We play well in parts but we’re still poor overall, we didn’t really do anything other than concede a sloppy goal in the second half.
The disallowed goals were ridiculous, but the mentality of this side is far more worrying.

Pintu

I don't blame Rangnick for this as it's an inherited problem and one that will take the next permanent manager a while to solve.

We've played good football over the last few fixtures and should have won both. I can only hope we keep this up and our finishing improves.
He is supposed to be more reactive, he made the substitutions too late. One of Lingard, Elanga should have been on much earlier.

MrSingh2002

We lost it when we came out and expected Burnley to lay down and die from the half time kick off.

Stupid fecks. Whoevers fault that is needs a beating.

VivaRonaldo85

Decent first half. Going in 1-0 was disastrous. We all know should have been 2-0. Second half was embarrassing from the first minute to the last. Weak mentality fc strikes again

FrenchRed

Thought the furst half was half decent, shame we didn't put away our chances. Second we fell apart. Again. We looked clueless.

I am taking no joy from watching this united team sadly, I can't see how we'll progress with some of the dross we have in the team - they just don't seem to care.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Decent first half. Some dodgy decisions cost us a bigger lead but no excuses for a woeful second half. As for Maguire, there are no words. He’s a shocking centre half and cost us the win.

RedIan

Failed to kill the game off in first half again. So frustrating to watch United die off second halfs.

maguire looks so slow and clumsy Especially against Varanes class along side him.

Irwin99

Starting to think this might be the season of our lowest points total ever in the PL era. Need to be winning these games.

Who knows, maybe we might play well against the bigger teams.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The most despondent I've been after a bad result. We're now in February and are still playing like strangers when we need a goal in the second half. Yes decisions went against us, yes we could have been out of sight, but I am sick of the sight of these wastes of space fecking things up over and over again. I'm struggling to think of ten players from that squad I'd be keen to keep, and the coaching/management situation still looks up in the air.

I'm fuming watching that fecking shower ballsing up again.

croadyman

Just like Boro again. Dominate first half, but only go 1-0 up. Give the opposition manager an easy teamtalk and we end up with a draw that feels more like a loss.

Under par finishing and the lack of clean sheets are killing our season.
Yeah this feels like a defeat after that first half performance no doubt about it

DomM

absolutely shit, as soon as anyone puts the slightest bit of pressure on us we fold. playing bottom of the league and we don't get a shot on target in the second half, feckin joke, yet we pay these guys over 150k a week. bunch of overpaid twats, all of them, think they are better than everyone else yet really are mediocre at best.
the whole club is a pile of shite at the moment,no leadership at all, a captain who should be playing in the championship, players who show no bollox, weak as piss the lot of them.

stu_1992

Really frustrating stuff. Excellent first half in which we should have gone in at 2 or 3-0 up. But between inability to finish and perhaps some soft disallowed goals, particularly the first, we didn't. I knew that would come bavk to haunt us and sure enough it did. We looked shell shocked after we conceded the goal for a while before finally getting some grounding again although we never looked anywhere near as good as the first half.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Pathetic effort 2nd half. Only started playing 20 minutes into it and even then they weren't showing much impetus. Very nice football first half but as is so unsurprising after all these years, poor mentality caused that loss.

Mike Dean and VAR are of course shit though, goes without saying. Great goal from Varane that.

BorisManUtd

2 points dropped tonight but we didn't deserve more than a point tbh, terrible 2nd half. Sancho probably man of the match for us. At least that 1st half is encouraging and a step in right direction but can't be pleased by just one half.

Bad luck with some decisions going against us last few games as well, hopefully that won't continue.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We have a team full of absolute mental midgets, for the most part. We would genuinely be better off with less skilled players with more heart.
Maguire, shaw, rashford and mct.

SER19

It's Burnley. We shouldn't need to rely on the officiating being good to beat the team who are literally at the bottom of the league. This constant blaming the refs when we fail to beat the worst teams in the league is becoming absolutely embarrassing.

Nonsense post really. They're 2 mistakes or at the very least 1 and without them we win 2-1 away against a team fighting against relegation. Your post isn't far from 'why didn't we just win 3-0'.

Were not a top club anymore. Accept it. We've been blatantly robbed twice in the last days

Giggs' right foot

I feel blessed with my bone crushing apathy, that I’ve developed through this season. I can watch shit like this second half, or our defeat to Middlesbrough and not be one bit mad about it. It’s what is to be expected at this point, when turning on one of our games.

Chairman Steve

This and the Boro game is just like watching mid 2000s Utd. A nice attacking side with nice moves, miss tonnes of chances to bury teams and get sucker punched for it.

The absurdity of Friday came into play in that second half as the energy levels dropped considerably. We should have had a 3-0 lead at HT but this time weird referee decisions and a little bit of shit finishing cost us that.

I think we’ve just got to put up with the rain until the sunshine comes, which I don’t think will be far away on the current projection. We don’t look disjointed and lost anymore, and reliance on individual brilliance is diminishing.

Matthew1972

Another disgusting display. Wondering what the point was of sacking Ole and hiring Rangnick, if the players are going to play like this it's not any better, might even be worse. Maguire is a JOKE.

Can't wait for all the rose-colored glasses wearing supporters to get on here and talk about how well the lads played and how much better fans they are just because they can eat manure and like it.

This team is officially the Liverpool of the 1990s and it may go 20 years without a major trophy.

Well done Ed Woodward. Thanks for the shite.

Redfrog

Let’s be honest, we’d all be screwing if we conceded those two goals and VAR didn’t look at them. Whether or not they’d have been ruled out if they were Burnley goals is another issue.
No way the first one is even looked at for any other club, no fecking way.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Dirty officiating and poor 2nd half. Like don't these guys know there are 90 mins in a fecking game?!

Pissed off with Maguire in particular.

The only way we play CL next season is if we win the CL this season. :(

MUFC OK

How anyone was feeling positive after that first half I have no idea. Was so, so clear what was coming. Refs completely fecked us with two utterly corrupt decisions too. No ability to bounce back.

Gorse Hill Red

Two free headers from Ronaldo and free header for Maguire and both not on target. At this rate Potechino or Ten Hag will be thinking just to wait for the City job. Embarrassing from United.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Shaw is at fault for the goal, keeping Rodriguez onside and is a sh*t player overall.
I want Maguire out of the club but I was shocked everyone was blaming Maguire for Shaw gazing at the stars.

AaronRedDevil

Jesus we actually drew 1 all. My god this team is shit. Thank feck I went to bed after the first half.

CallyRed

They are the worst team in the league and we made them look good. Shocking result.
Away at Newcastle, Watford, Norwich too. Even though we won, we were shit.
We seem to have this knack of giving teams at the bottom a confidence boost.

Jezpeza

We were unlucky. Just look at those stats! Sure Ralfs patterns of play will become apparant soon and we will be mustard. Got to give him more time

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 52% of 216 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 223 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw