FA L FA Cup Final

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 May 2018

Kostur

海尔的老板
Its not about the final - its how we've played all year. That's on the manager.
Today's not a 'all year' situation though, today is the final, if those shits cannot motivate themselves for it (and Chelsea looked 10 times more up for it today) then they can feck off. Bunch of losers who'll be complacent with it.

Solo Toure

Also people need to calm down, with “feck off x,y and z”.

Even if we would have won it would have papered over the cracks.

As a team we are too defence minded, Jose is an amazing coach but United are a fast paced attacking team.

Swift Football

Jose will say this on Post Match: United are sh*t in FA cup. I came with Chelsea and fu*ked united. Arsenal came and f*ck United. United's Err-itage in FA cup is shite.

crossy1686

career ending
We had chances, and some of those were clear chances. Can't blame Jose for Pogba and Matic missing sitters, Martial cutting inside and running into traffic and Jones making a suicidal tackle.

Irrational.

No blame on the manager. Jones is just a very poor footballer, which cost us today. Actually the entire back 4 from today is very poor. Hoping for a clearout of deadwood now
Agreed. 3 of our back 4 we will not see next season, and I will be happy to see the back of them. Not United standard players.

Chelsea were shite. They did feck all apart from defend. We made it easy for them with our static play and weren't much better though. We deserved at least to be level at 90 minutes, but that isn't saying much.

Our big names continue to let us down. Pogba and Sanchez were fecking dogshit. Pogba culpable for missing a sitter and letting Kante and Bakayoko walk over him.

Rashford... I feel we have jumped on the hypetrain far too early. He's young, talented, but not good enough to lead our line. He needs to go out on loan or play a squad role.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why can't we attack teams from the start? Why were we so fecking scared of a bang average Chelsea team?!

killerboi2

1 good chance created whole game for a corner. Would have been worse if Hazard selfish ass wasn't trying to singlehandedly rip us everytime they broke and had passed the ball earlier. Chelsea able to sit back the whole 2nd half, knowing we weren't good enough to break them down.

We were moving the ball way too slow, not sure what Sanchez really does or how he fits into this team.

kps88

Sanchez was dreadful. Should have kept Jesse on and taken him off.

Stubble

Standard performance i.e. we don't start playing until we're behind. Seen it time and time again this year never take a match to the opposition. Negativity of the manager showing through the team. We need some decent fullbacks top priority who can whip in good crosses,dead balls and corners to break down teams sitting deep. Match after match corners hitting the first man or straight to the goalkeeper not good enough.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We really lack heart and ideas in some matches don’t we? What’s José at bringing on martial to save the game. He’s thrown him under the bus, that’s not the player to come on and change the most important game of the season for you. I feel like José will be thinking hey if he wins us the game great and if he doesn’t I look vindicated in marginalising him which is nothing short of shitty management. Lukaku and Mata did absolutely nothing. This team is seriously lacking in leadership and belief. It never felt like we were really fighting for it. It all felt hopefull and going through the motions. Flat as hell.

borrays

360 Minutes of football against Brighton, West Ham, Watford and Chelsea. One goal.
Says it all really.
Should teach you all about the importance of Lukaku. even if he was gobshite he would still create chances for his teammates.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Extremely worried about Sanchez

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Today's not a 'all year' situation though, today is the final, if those shits cannot motivate themselves for it (and Chelsea looked 10 times more up for it today) then they can feck off. Bunch of losers who'll be complacent with it.
They are simply carrying out the game plan that Jose has arranged for today.

Marcky411

To think LvG won this cup and got sacked, this coward fool will be allowed to stay, unbelievable. Chelsea well deserved Jose's tactics were crap again not looking forward to next year. Jose will again be pointing to the second place as an achievement.

iHicksy

Reminds me of the games I used to watch under LVG and just laugh at how predictable and static we are. Sadly it's been like this for a while, why Jose doesn't coach attack patterns is beyond me, and maybe it's beyond him.

Betson

Both teams were horrible. I'll be furious if Jose again puts the blame on the players. It's his job to make them play fluent attacking football. If he can't do that, atleast man up and take the blame.

Jose should share part of the blame as he brought in some those players.

But the quality is just not there , we have been mugged off in the transfer season for the last few years , paying crazy money for very average players.

A manager can't do anything about a 90M pound player missing an open header from a few yards out. Nor can he stop Sanchez been so sh!t , or Jones , or Martial etc.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We need to add an attacking coach to the set up. Hope Jose sees that or else next season we won't be getting away with coming second whilst playing like this.

Seveneric

I heard the entire Co92 were spotted at training earlier, obviously up to their nefarious deeds instructing the players to underperform and make Mourinho look bad. The evil machinations just never end :(

DevilRed

Individual players are pointless if the manager is failing to motivate them to play as a team.
So how many managers will it take till they become “motivated”. Going onto our fifth one next time around since fergie left.

Delusional people will blame the manager. But he can’t put the ball in the back of the net for the players. We created chances in both half’s that should have yielded better finishes

Ralph1386

Rashford is shit, Martial is shit, Sanchez is shit... it seems like all attacking players with flair turn to shit at Manchester United. At this point it's hard to blame the individuals.
This! A group of attacking players can't all turn into sh!t by coincidence. They're not being coached right.

orentas

Anyone who is worried about rashford and martial leaving are fecking deluded

I love rashford but not good enough the second half of this season stopped doing all the things he did when he broke through

Martial awful lack of effort

Inconsistent end product from both
Thanks God I’m only half deluded. Martial shlt.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had United won the game the way Chelsea did, capitalising on crap defending and then holding out for the best part of an hour, we'd be criticised to high heaven. However, expectations are different for Chelsea and so they winners will take the plaudits.

We had more of the game but we lacked the quality to do anything with it. So much possession, so much play, so little end product. I genuinely don't know if our squad is as good as many on the CAF seem to think it is. Our average finishes over the past five years would suggest we have players that are competitive around the upper end of Europa League level but little more. I bet if you gave City 66% possession against this Chelsea team they would've won in normal time from a goal down.

People will say Mourinho could've got more from the team (and I blame him for starting Jones over Bailly) but frankly, over the last four years, I've seen us lose to counters with tons of possession a lot. It would suggest that our attack isn't that potent and our defence is creaky when tested. We haven't rebuilt the way we should have and the squad we have just ain't that good.

All feels a bit Paul Rideout right now...

Swift Football

They are not some magicians. Whole season, they have been trained to play defensive style, so its become their habit. All of a sudden in final, the onus was on us to score, which was never going to happen.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Playing as a team wasn’t our problem today. Finishing chances off and brainless Phil Jones was. Rashford and Sanchez not even doing the basics of a footballer doesn’t help either.
We've been poor finishing chances for much of the year. Today is just a microcosm of that.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Conte played it tactically perfect. Defend deep which we are poor against, hit us on the break for a sucker punch goal, then defend defend defend.

First goal was crucial. We get it we probably win quite comfortably against that Chelsea team.

So damn frustrating to watch us try to break down teams when they play deep. It's been costing us for many seasons now, not just this one. We still had two clear chances in the second-half (Rashford in on goal and Pogba's header).

What a shitty end to a very odd season. And it could get even worse next Saturday :nervous:

0161_UNITED

We were absolutely, no doubt, the better side in the 2nd half. It’s not fun to lose to the renties, but fair play, enjoy it to the resident Chelsea fans. Disappointed, certainly, but the sh*te on here is absurd at times. Most renties would have chewed their nails off that second half. That’s football, bloody hell.

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 367 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 39% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Chelsea 0:2 Man Utd