PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 February 2023

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Fecking brilliant! Love how we defended right from the front after the red. I'll worry about the Casemiro red during those games but very important 3 points today.

United! United!

ash_86

Poor from Casemiro. You cannot choke hold players in this day and age when cameras are all over you. Glad we up with a win

Hughie77

VAR look for something and nothing and send of Casimero ffs there could have been 3 or 4 sending offs there. Now we get screwed by FA again. He had to look at the hand ball again it was plain . Glad of the 3 pts loosing Casimero for 3 tough games now is a bummer realy . Have to cope I suppose pointless appealing the card the FA would double the suspension fecking assholes.

UDontMessWith24

Made them look like a pub league team until VAR decided to steal the spotlight. I’m now expecting a 5 minute stoppage every time there’s a tussle involving multiple players so they can look under every single rock until they find a red card.

Dannn411

We need to stop takin our foot off the gas after ONE goal. The intensity drops off a cliff every single time we take a lead. Its ridiculous. Thank goodness for that second goal or we would have dropped points for no fecking reason today.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great win but it feels a bit pyrrhic because he's now gone for 3. Even if it was fair to send him off, the Palace player should have joined him and then he goes on to score the prick.

Antony though started the whole stupidity and he needs to stop lighting the flame because we'll eventually get burned.

Martinez was my clear MotM. The guy is a rock

Zed 101

Whilst that was stupid from Casemiro, got to be mad as hell at Antony for kicking it all off.... also nice VAR completely ignore Fred getting a punch in the face

Sabitzer looked handy good job will need him next 3 games

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This was a fully deserved win.

Lee565

Sabitzer looked really snappy and pressed the opposition relentless and did well when he had the ball at his feet, promising start.

I have faith in him and Fred to be able to cope without eriksen and casemiro for the next 3 games

Gorse Hill Red

That was a tough watch at the end, United cruising and then the ref gives the softest red I have ever seen. Unbelivable it’s 7 min then the ref decided to give 8.5min!
A good win, but the ref should be appealed.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Showed real grit to hold out. A year ago we would have completely imploded.

Daft from Casemiro but I guess he'll be fresh for the rest of the season now :smirk:

git_united

Martinez is a monster. Jeez. What. A. Player!!!

loved the fight from the team, and as silly as Casemiro’s throat grab was, absolutely loved the team supporting Antony. That was shameful by Palace. Fred was excellent. Sabitzer got up to speed really quickly. Excellent win really.

RuudTom83

I feel the red card came from the closer bond the squad now has, and then the same close bond saw them to the final whistle.

So much harder than it needed to be but the team showed grim and heart at least!

Cloud7

Unacceptable from Casemiro.

If ETH dropped Rashford for sleeping in I expect and hope Casemiro is disciplined beyond what the league dictates.
What do you want, a public whipping? :lol:

He did a dumb thing and will miss three matches. No more needs to be done.

andy0

I haven't watched this, but there's a dramatic range of opinions from the commentators

On Radio 5 Live the sending off is one of the worst refereeing decisions ever, while on BBC Final Score Casemiro is throttling someone

BBC 's live text has a picture, and you can see Casemiro's fingers, so his hands are flat, and more on the shoulders than the neck

MonkeysMagic

Ref should hold his head high, for a truly horrific performance.

The disappointment of missing Casemiro for 3 games can hardly be tempered by the win. I can guarantee you that if it was a Palace player doing that to a Utd player it'd be a caution at best.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Sorry to hear Case had the red mist... sucks to lose him for the next couple of games :(

Important that we hung on and we just need to calm down and have a reset.

Crimson King

It was silly from Casemiro but the ref completely fecked us. It's the softest interpretation of violent conduct you'll ever see. In fact, I doubt you'll ever see another red card like that in the EPL again ever.

It's especially galling as that little albino cnut Hughes was mouthing off and trying to throw himself into the middle of the melee until Casemiro grabbed him. Can't see how one of those things was more violent than the other.

Was a good display up until then. fecking hate Palace. fecking hate Viera. fecking hate Mariner and whatever little goblin was on the VAR today.

Sabitzer looked good. Him and Fred should be enough to see us through until the final.

BorisManUtd

Somehow we won it. That's huge 3 points especially with how other results went.

Will be a challenge now in league for next 3 games without Casemiro or McTominay. Fred and Sabitzer are not DMs so will just hope we can grind out results.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We're looking really thin now. Suspension of Casemiro. Injury to McT and Erikson. Loss of form of Sancho, Antony. Weghorst looks very very limited. If EtH gets top four out of this messy February then he's doing very well indeed.

90 + 5min

Great score considering how game went. We need tenHaag to to talk about referees and VAR when we play. This is not normal.

RedIan

Totally dominant first have should have put it to bed.
2nd half we started with less intensity, Palace were allowed back into the game.
Anthony is a fecking idiot reacting like a madman to a bit of a push. Casamiro let himself and the team down, though in slow motion it looks far worse than in real time.
Sabitzer looked well up for it when he came on, he will be needed for casamiros 3 game ban.
Good 3 points in the end.

Alemar

Hopefully we file an appeal for the red. Beyond ridiculous.

JagUTD

Casemiro making sure it's not just Newcastle who have a rested Brazilian midfielder in the final. 4D chessemiro

Suedesi

Where did the 99 minutes come from? fecking ref.

Ref and one brainfart Casemiro moment aside, we played some nice football and thoroughly deserved the win. We were toying with them at 2-0, too bad hat episode turned the match somewhat.

Jon@thon

Can't remember when we had so much grit and determination in the team, everybody ran their socks off. Shame it didn't end with a routine 3/4-0 win but given the circumstances I'm more than happy with how together the lads are.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
40 points. Safe for another season.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 227 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw