PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Tue, 18 May 2021

Coops73

We are a poorly coached team. Not going to win titles unless there are major changes. I see a team like Chelsea under Tuchel and its apparent that the standard of the collective organisation is so much higher.
feck me here we go, talking utter bollocks because we didn’t get a win. Such reactionary shite on here.

Dobba

It was a good season, unfortunately we're finishing it of really badly. Worrying form heading into the final.

And it just gives Ole outers more ammunition and they really don't need too much to start.
It gives them a positive in case Poch finishes second in a one horse race.
feck me here we go, talking utter bollocks because we didn’t get a win. Such reactionary shite on here.
Don't worry, they'll be in the transfer threads in a few weeks time demanding we sign half a starting XI worth of players. Then back to the United forum to proclaim the manager isn't getting enough out of the squad they want to replace half of. Then back to the transfer thread again.

tomaldinho1

Oh...so that makes it okay.
1 point from our last 3 games.

If our players are thinking this way (and I hope they aren't), it explains why this set of players will never win the league.
Not at all, I think we look bang average as a unit - I'm just saying don't read into this game.

baskinginthesun

Looked like a team staying fit for a final in a week. Probably should have defended against the goal a bit better but, not really too bothered about the result.

Cast5

Thought we played well until the last 10 mins, Mctominay had a great game, Cavani scored a great goal, nothing game for both teams really, top 4 is already done.

Redlyn

At least we are not bottling a title challenge, just second place.

LoneStar

Out fought by a relegated team in first game back in front of fans. The difference between this team mentally and man City is absolutely terrifying. 5 points out of the last 15 on offer but we gave up, arsenal style, once top 4 was achieved. We are miles off.
I know that as a professional team, they should never give up. But personally, I don't care if we end up 2nd or 3rd. Won't make any difference as long as we don't win the title.

We didn't even look to up our game after their goal, which might be coming from the coaching. Last thing we want is an injury to any key player.

I'd start with a second string team for the last PL game.

Heinzesight

Totally get why we’ve seen these performances. Sod all to play for in the league. Lots of leggy players not going full tilt physically and mentally. One eye on the final. However, top teams go for it no matter what the match, dead rubber or not. They have a killer instinct, they go for the jugular but we don’t. It’s disappointing but let’s hope Ole will have them fired up for the final.

Godfather

It's funny that Nagelsmann said that we are shit on the long post just before the Leipzig game. Openly. We still ignore that issue. I wonder why.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He manages to just about do enough to get by. Always. Which is now as a club what we're about. Just giving the fans enough to continue believing. Don't see us winning anything major under Ole.
The only way Solskjaer succeeds here is if his entire coaching staff is replaced with world class equivalents and he’s given another £300-£400 million to spend. He just isn’t good enough and is mid table quality at best.

Just because he’s a lovely guy that loves the club is not a reason to keep him on.

We’ve absolutely capitulated recently and it isn’t good enough.

justsomebloke

What a downer. Wonderful goal by Cavani, but once again a defensively suspect performance, with no one else really playing well either. Except maybe Bruno, but even with him that's mainly on the strength of some good shot attempts and set pieces, rather than a generally strong performance. Just across the board mediocrity, and more so than against Liverpool also rather tepid.

That makes it one win in the last 5. And I take it that we're not going to go full tilt against Wolves, 3 days before the EL final. Are we supposed to just switch it on against Villareal? Beyond that, we could lose second place, and end up with a pretty modest improvement on last year's points. Just when we seemed to be hitting stride too. Very annoying.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's always been true. The magical 71 points (woohoo) doesn't change that. Even Chelsea (forget Liverpool and City) are much better coached then us

UpWithRivers

Seems like a lot of people had a bad day at work or got out the wrong side of the bed.

This is pretty much just minutes in the legs for our players at this point to keep them ticking over.

We have top 4, 2nd place pretty much secure(not that it matters) and we are waiting for a final on the weekend.

City are currently 1-0 but Brighton are looking the better team. Not sure there fans will be crying too much.
What could the City fans possibly cry about!!!!!! Oh sht Brighton are playing well against us but...we are winning! We are champions by 13 + points points and we are in the Champions league final. Not a good comparison at all

croadyman

Disappointing to drop 8 home points in a week but if Leicester fail to beat Chelsea then we are guaranteed second place tonight

pauldyson1uk

We are a poorly coached team. Not going to win titles unless there are major changes. I see a team like Chelsea under Tuchel and its apparent that the standard of the collective organisation is so much higher.
this poorly coached team is second in the PLand in a EL Final, at one stage unbeaten away in what 22 games, while I am pissed off that we have again dropped points, I have to disagree, Ole has his faults like any manager, but he is far from poor.

justsomebloke

The only way Solskjaer succeeds here is if his entire coaching staff is replaced with world class equivalents and he’s given another £300-£400 million to spend. He just isn’t good enough and is mid table quality at best.

Just because he’s a lovely guy that loves the club is not a reason to keep him on.

Oh, feck that. For christ's sake, the real problems here aren't enough for you?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We lost to Spurs and Arsenal before we went on to win the EL. With a squad this thin, all Ole cares about is not picking up silly injuries.
All he's cared about all season is extracting absolutely everything out of his best players, even in dead rubbers, and not resting them wisely. Now they've been in terrible form for a while and look like they're running on empty.

SER19

I know that as a professional team, they should never give up. But personally, I don't care if we end up 2nd or 3rd. Won't make any difference as long as we don't win the title.

We didn't even look to up our game after their goal, which might be coming from the coaching. Last thing we want is an injury to any key player.

I'd start with a second string team for the last PL game.
That might fly tonight but we've won 2 in 7. At any other top club, no matter the circumstance, that's raises huge concerns

Pjisared

It was the fans green and yellow scarfs that affected the team.:boring:

Godfather

The number of times we've conceded the same goal is criminal. Long ball to far post to bundle it in. Easy.
Either our coaches or our fullbacks are brainfecked. There can't be any other explanation to it. Same with our set pieces. Even today we looked dodgy defending them. And don't get me started on attacking them. Still don't get why Shaw is taking our cornes. They are shit.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
A constant boom bust cycle with Ole. If we lose the final serious questions need to be asked of his leadership.
To be completely fair here, it's not like we lacked chances to finish the game comfortably. At some point you have to leave it to the players to execute.

Real Name

It gives them a positive in case Poch finishes second in a one horse race.

Don't worry, they'll be in the transfer threads in a few weeks time demanding we sign half a starting XI worth of players. Then back to the United forum to proclaim the manager isn't getting enough out of the squad they want to replace half of. Then back to the transfer thread again.
According to some he's mid table quality and just a lovely guy, nothing else.

Oh we are 2nd only cause of individual quality, I forgot.

Every time there's a bad result 'serious questions need to be asked' or better yet he deserves a sack.

SER19

Not at all, I think we look bang average as a unit - I'm just saying don't read into this game.
Looked like a team staying fit for a final in a week. Probably should have defended against the goal a bit better but, not really too bothered about the result.
We've won 2 in 7, conceding 13. Tonight wasn't a one off and the fans return deserved more

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Been saying this for ages.

City vs United

City Squad > United Squad
Pep >>>>>>>Ole

The only way to bridge that gap, with Ole, is an unreal amount of money spent on this squad.

City have a couple more gears to go up too I think. They've been below their usual standards this season.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
All we needed was one win to wrap up second and somehow we've failed pretty spectacularly to do that,

Real Name

this poorly coached team is second in the PLand in a EL Final, at one stage unbeaten away in what 22 games, while I am pissed off that we have again dropped points, I have to disagree, Ole has his faults like any manager, but he is far from poor.
There are 4 or 5 usual suspects here doing the rounds with exactly the same stuff as always. Quoted post being the prime example.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Oh, feck that. For christ's sake, the real problems here aren't enough for you?
Two wins in seven fecking games. The same fecking mistakes being made game after game after game I’d say that was a pretty big and real problem.

LoneStar

That might fly tonight but we've won 2 in 7. At any other top club, no matter the circumstance, that's raises huge concerns
If Maguire is back for the final, I wouldn't be concerned about our form. Without him though, it's pretty much 50/50.

Tmac1090

Pogba is not a left winger. Christ i will lose it if he starts on the left wing in the europa.
Prepare to lose it.. I'll almost bet my house that Ole will start with Pogba on the left and Rashford on the right.

DomM

Pretty poor performance, again.. against one of the worst teams in the league, at home. There is something wrong with this team, we simply can't control games no matter who we are playing, defensively weak, we concede so many poor goals.
I know we are second and should kind of be happy but some of our performances have been terrible this season.

bdspeedy

We've lost 3 out of 4 games and drawn to a relegation side, AT HOME. I'd hope for a reaction from the fans since the team isn't reacting lately.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 167 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham
  • 24% Man Utd 3:0 Fulham