CL D Champions League Group A

Galatasaray 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 29 November 2023

Heinzesight

If Bayern win tonight Copenhagen will be on 4 points (same as us) and depending on what the score is they will either have the same or a worse goal difference than us. So it will all depend on what the scores are on the final day. If we beat Bayern 1-0 and Copenhagen beat Gala 1-0 we might go through
Ah nice one. Thanks mate. I was looking at the table live so was thinking Copenhagen were on 5 points!

Maik2022

Bayern are unbeaten in their last 38 group matches and have won the last 17, good challenge.
Even Top keepers make mistakes but there is a limit, you need to have a top keeper. It's sad because there are so many positives, trust the process i guess.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Sancho created the fight himself. Varane should be playing however.
Any manager who knows how to manage would have solved the situation with Sanc ho for the good of the team

George Bright

This is a result of relying on transition football. A regular team that can hold the ball even a bit sees this out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Worst part of this is that feeling that Galata,wasn't even good. We were in full control after McT's goal. And then Onana happened.

Giggsy13

2011/12 and 2015/16 were worse. At least this has been entertaining.
You can add 05/06 as well. We crashed out in an easy group but it led to at least a more positive finish in the league where we finished 2nd and at least gave Jose's Chelsea a good run. I'm not bothered if we're not in Europe, I would rather see progress in the league and development from Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho.

Three goals scored in each of our away group games, but only one point to show for it. It’s so frustrating. Onana should do a couple of months in Strangeways for the second goal, absolutely criminal. A great game for the neutral to watch, but torture for us. We look likely to concede a goal at any given moment, A vital win thrown away.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Onana and subbing off Amrabat instead of McT cost us the game IMO.
I don't understand why you keep McT after going 3-1.
Also time for that Turkish keeper to get a chance.

C'est Moi Cantona

Bit amateur of Bruno to give fouls away in the areas he did, even if Onana should have thrown his hat on both of the freekicks.

Giggsy13

Any manager who knows how to manage would have solved the situation with Sanc ho for the good of the team
Sancho sealed his own fate with his actions. Why would any manager trying to set standards and get rid of the rot at our club welcome him back?

Glorio

For this game - Sancho? Away to Gala? What would you be expecting the delicate little flower to do in that pressure cooker of a hostile environment?

He had years to show what he was about and has done nothing.

RuudTom83

I can't be too annoyed with that display...maybe it's down to expectations and just accepting standards are not that high.

But it was a fun game to watch and the last 2 games have been a big improvement, the eye test would be positive and it's interesting I never found myself missing Casemiro.

Let's wait until the final whistle against Newcastle. 2 Wins and a 3-3 Draw away in Istanbul would be a very good week compared to recent form.

Maniron

There is no steel in the team, nobody capable of learning how to see out games, no one to lead and show the way, no one to calm the players down when needed, just a bunch of talented individuals, capable of occasional brilliance.

And we have a keeper who on current form should not be on the pitch

Jeffthered

What a chaotic game. Two things stand out for me: Firstly, Onana had an awful day at the office, which is a surprise as he has improved recently. He still doesn't seem quite settled yet. He has improved us in some ways (as a ball player...) but he needs to settle down.

Secondly, we still do not know how to manage a game, even read a game. That was like a basketball match.. it was crazy. When we lost to Palace, Newcastle, it was said that we were far too open. You can still, still run through our midfield. No challenge, nothing and it's been happening all season.

No one on that pitch, in a Man Utd shirt, thought "... I am going to make sure we kill this game...make it as boring as hell, and get the win.."
No one, not one of our players seems to see the need to do that. Mainoo came on and started to keep the ball... but it must have been like arriving in a whirlwind. Galatasary were just as bad, they were all over the place defensively.

Where is the coaching?

We cannot just play, relying on inspirational moments up front.

fallengt

Sancho had two decent games under 4 managers since United signed him.
Might as well role the dice with player selection if you still trust sancho to do something positive at this point.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great match. Brilliant by the lads, all the outfield did well - good game plan. Get Onana out of the club, now please. He is simply a useless goalkeeper who should never play for us again. Too unreliable, cost us the points too often now.

siw2007

We'll be fine long-term as long as we keep Mainoo and Garnacho. Both look like they're going to be top-drawer, and hopefully Hjolund joins them.

We're still carrying too many bad buys though aren't we.
Recruitment is the bane of our club. Mainoo seems to be taking senior football like a duck to water. Obviously he can’t play every game but he’s pretty much earning his place in the first team. Garnacho I thought played with an air of authority today which I loved.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Didn't watch the game as I have zero expectation for United. Onana is like Fabian, erratic and brilliant both at the same time. Onana is never going to be consistent and will always be a risk even we are up. He is someone that will help us win some games and also lose some games. I think the question which important game. Knowing winning at Gala will keep us champion league in our own hands, he bottled not once but twice. I think ETH will stick to him like Antony until he get sack. Erik seems to be a stubborn man and wanting to justify his signings. One thing that I can't get is his stubbornness as a manager.

fallengt

If Bayern win tonight Copenhagen will be on 4 points (same as us) and depending on what the score is they will either have the same or a worse goal difference than us. So it will all depend on what the scores are on the final day. If we beat Bayern 1-0 and Copenhagen beat Gala 1-0 we might go through
what about HTH?

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Galatasaray 1:2 Man Utd