PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

eldoherz

Ole is also failing to motivate them which is being massively overlooked
You aren't wrong, but then at the same time no player who makes it to the level of a premier league footballer should need motivating. How does someone claw themselves up to the very top of a proverbial mountain yet not have the basic fire in their belly to continue to want to be the best they can?

cfkane

Very disappointing result, and lots of things need to change over the summer, but feck the lot of you who have given up on the club. I will support them if they finish first or 20th. It's my club, and that means my support in good times and bad. As for Ole, I make no judgement until after the summer window and pre-season. He deserves that at least. If we are shite in September, then move him on.

OGSaviour

26 years of unbelievable hard work destroyed in 6 years, back to 70s and 80s crap

JEredDevil

Give ole at least a season before we start writing him on shall we? he has already said he's gonna be ruthless this transfer window so lets see what he does. Give him sign the players that he wants and also play the style of football that he wants before we judge him.

Lets be clear about this, right now, our squad is where it should be. The league table doesn't lie, we're shite and if we didn't had the good run in Jan/Feb, we might even be 7th or 8th. Among the top 6, we probably have the worst squad. Which one of these would get in to Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea? Probably only Shaw and Pogba. Majority of our first eleven wouldn't even be first names on the team sheet for Wolves.

Look on the bright side, at least the rebuilding could start tomorrow. Those that Ole wants to ship out doesn't even need to report for training anymore. Just focus on those that are gonna be here next season. Hopefully Gomes, Greenwood and Chong gets a run out at the same time next week in front of the OT crowd. Would be great to see them now without the pressure of having to finish in the top 4

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I’ve never disliked a United squad more.

No effort, not massive amounts of ability, nothing.

Ole is also failing to motivate them which is being massively overlooked
They're grown men who are playing for their own accolades and own accomplishments. They don't need motivating.

SqueakyWeasel

All we had to do was get 6 points from the last 2 games.

It's Huddersfield and Cardiff :boring:

Even with players who's heads are already on the beach, or players that want to move on, or greedy feckers that just don't care, it should really not be a big ask for professionals to get three points against the worst team the league has ever seen?

As it seems that was too big an ask I'm almost glad that we won't be in the CL next season as that accomplishment would have masked the underlying problems and given the people with their hands on the purse strings an excuse.

Now everyone knows how bad things have got … let's start to plan properly! Time for a BIG clear out and some carefully planned investment.

I must admit that I'm still hurt and bewildered why the once mighty Manchester United couldn't get it together to field 11 players who were capable of getting all three points today … and when the results fall into place that show we would have got a CL placing with those 3 scrappy points I hope the heads start to roll fast.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Man-U

more like, ManUsuck

...it hurts seeing the club in the state it’s in :(

JD United

The whole team needs a wake up call. If they wanted champions league football they needed to earn it.

Rashford starting to look like a player that thinks he's made it. Where's that energy gone! He hasn't made it, he still has potential but needs to put the effort in.

redshaw

That was the real Manchester United this season on show today. Laboured and no cohesion.

Simon Jones

Fed up of people calling for a managerial change.

The failure is down to one simple reason. The board undermining managers when players are not performing.

The players as a consequence have been allowed to be prima donnas. When they are dropped from the starting line up they whine and moan knowing its the manager who will be going before they do. How else to explain Pogba's message after Mourning was sacked "you messed with the wrong baller".

When Mourinho dropped Pogba from the starting line up mid-way through the 2017/2018 season, Mourinho should have received 100% backing from the board. Instead, it was Mourinho that was undermined and Pogba was brought back to the starting line up. that set the precedence, which was then exacerbated during summer of 2018 transfer window when Mourinho didn't get the players he wanted. Souness on Sky called it at the time.

By comparison, why did SAF have players busting a gut for him? Because they all knew that if their standards fell, or worse if they were to undermine SAF, they would be out the door. They knew that the board (Gill, Charlton) would back SAF 100%. When Stam published that book, SAF saw the danger of him as the boss being undermined. Same with the David Beckham boot saga. Both Stam and Beckham were shipped out ASAP. At the time people questioned the decision, particularly when short term results wavered. But it was absolutely in the long term interests of the club by maintaining 100% respect for SAF.

We've now had 2 of the best managers in history fail at Utd. LVG and Mourinho. Bullsh*t to say either manager was past it. They failed because the players knew they could underperform and it would be the manager and not them facing the boot. Until that situation changes Utd will continue to fail regardless of (a) the money spent on players and (b) regardless of whether adhering to the "united way" fantasy bulls*t.

Reactions: Niall

bushyboy

Those of us who are going to to go every single game we can whatever the situation. The same reason teams lower down the table have a good followings every single week despite not being in contention for anything for decades at a time.
It's commendable to support your team through thick and thin. I did it in the 80s.

We're all complaing about the Glazers, Woodward, etc but that's all the fans do.

When are we going to take a stand against the way our club is run and the spineless cowards that play for us?

The most effective way is to stop going to the games. The world seeing an empty OT might help change things.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Love United. Cant stand these bunch of pricks in a red shirt.
If Ole has any balls he will keep these pathetic primadonnas in the changing room and read out each and every one of these posts. And then ask each player in turn for a comment. But he hasn't so he won't.
Don't want to hurt their feelings.

eldoherz

Why pay the Glazers money? You are part of the problem by doing that, but hey
Ah yes so I should refuse to go the club I've supported since I was old enough to kick a ball? Stop going to the club that multiple generations of my family have supported?

I'd still be going if we were playing in lower divisions, whilst the Glazers are a major problem and the chief architects of our downfall they aren't the club. The club is bigger than them and will outlive them, to turn away now would mark me as the most plastic of plastic fans. If I was going to do that I may as well jump ship to city as they have cheaper tickets.

Ban

If Ole has any balls he will keep these pathetic primadonnas in the changing room and read out each and every one of these posts. And then ask each player in turn for a comment. But he hasn't so he won't.
Don't want to hurt their feelings.
Yeah you know how he operates.

reddevil80

That was an absolute disgrace by all connected with Manchester United. A once great club has been humbled by greed and laziness. Sad thing is that next season doesn’t look any better.
Here here

Djemba-Djemba

I wonder if the players are embarrassed by this season?

Like truly embarrassed?

They've been an utter disgrace. Do any of them care?

Member 113277

Let's get a sense of proportion.

OGS has done well to get this team to even challenge for the top 4 - think about how far adrift we were last December.

Mourinho p*ssed nearly £400m up the wall to create this lot, now give Ole a break and see what he puts together to be HIS team for 2020-2021.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It isn’t about supporting through thick and thin. It’s wrong to support what the club has been doing to itself.

Other teams can’t help being where they are. We’re there because of bad decisions and unacceptable attitudes.

JoaquinJoaquin

Ah yes so I should refuse to go the club I've supported since I was old enough to kick a ball? Stop going to the club that multiple generations of my family have supported?

I'd still be going if we were playing in lower divisions, whilst the Glazers are a major problem and the chief architects of our downfall they aren't the club. The club is bigger than them and will outlive them, to turn away now would mark me as the most plastic of plastic fans. If I was going to do that I may as well jump ship to city as they have cheaper tickets.
Well yeah but if you continue to line the Glazers pockets without taking action, does that make you a hypocrite when trying to complain about them? For me, if you want them gone you have to take some sort of action, not just sit back, keep giving them money and being quiet while posting online how unhappy you are.

Eric7C

Not surprised we didn't win and we won't win the last game either. This team mentally checked after the PSG return leg.
Amazing, isn't it? Tells you everything about the mentality of this group. You've only reached the QFs; it's what's expected at United!

JEredDevil

Pathetic. Don't these cxxts realise theyre playing for their futures at United, or do they simply not give a shit and would prefer to go elsewhere?
Who cares about the future when you are on 200k a week knowing that you can run down your contract and still get paid? 3 year contract? Yeah i would take it and just sit on the bench. Do i care about performing week in week out? At the end, i would be paid millions for being mediocre, while you, would still be criticizing my performance after 3 years. But who cares, im set for life and you still have to work.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I wouldn't be surprised if the board does a u-turn and Ole gets the boot after the Cardiff game. Our run of form since he got the job is the best advert for a sacking I've seen in a long time.

RedNed77

Very disappointing result, and lots of things need to change over the summer, but feck the lot of you who have given up on the club. I will support them if they finish first or 20th. It's my club, and that means my support in good times and bad. As for Ole, I make no judgement until after the summer window and pre-season. He deserves that at least. If we are shite in September, then move him on.
I was in the “wait until the end of the season” camp from the minute the poll opened to when we appointed him early. So I don’t have an axe to grind with Ole, but you say give him a summer then get rid in September if it’s not working? How will that work exactly, and how much money do you let him spend? Do we get DoF Ed to second guess his targets all summer? What do we do if he signs a load of shite and moves on our few talented but seemingly egotistical players?

eldoherz

It's commendable to support your team through thick and thin. I did it in the 80s.

We're all complaing about the Glazers, Woodward, etc but that's all the fans do.

When are we going to take a stand against the way our club is run and the spineless cowards that play for us?

The most effective way is to stop going to the games. The world seeing an empty OT might help change things.
That's an extremely hard line to cross. It will be pointless unless the fan base organises itself to fully commit to a walkout. The Glazers aren't going until the right offer comes in or the situation becomes untenable to their net worth.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree on that. That concentration has gone, plus in terms if quality we are not good enough either.
Yes but still good enough to beat Huddersfield for me, a team that's already relegated. I don't have the energy to be annoyed, at half time I went out to work on my car. Not surprised by the final scoreline

Cantona in disguise

Man-U

more like, ManUsuck

...it hurts seeing the club in the state it’s in :(
Am I allowed to be critical of posts?

If so this is awful. I read this forum and try to contribute from time to time and generally its decent stuff. My 6 year old could have a better opinion than this.

I think we are all frustrated with performances, board room set up, managers, tactics etc.

I want this season over its draining. Hopefully a good summer and we will be back in the mix.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Huddersfield 1:2 Man Utd